[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best non-degree jobs? I have a Associates, but it's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 00001fe8_medium.jpg (38KB, 639x446px) Image search: [Google]
00001fe8_medium.jpg
38KB, 639x446px
Best non-degree jobs?
I have a Associates, but it's pretty much just useful being toilet paper. Any good careers for people without bachelor's? Anything I can get that will not take a lot of money or time to train for ? Some ideas I had were in law enforcement or CDl truck driving .

Also any certificattions that would help boost my resume?
>>
Locksmithing, for $1,200 you can get a certified through an online school.

Invest $5k into equipment and a van. Mobile locksmithing is the only way to stay afloat.

Do actual locksmithing and not breaking locks faggot.

Don't undercut other locksmiths prices either. They'll break your legs.

Locksmithing can earn you anywhere between $40k- 80k annually. The hours are what you make of them. Also, digital locks and door frames are essential too.

One last thing, if you're going to locksmith. Get your CCW and carry ALL. THE. TIME.

Niggers will try to take your shit. Seen it too many times.
>>
>>18688274
Do you have any particular skills or even hobbies we could start from?

There are plenty of jobs in machinery and facilities operation and maintenance which don't require degrees, but pay well. I have friends who work for the port authority or some private company who's contracted by the merchant marine fleet, who make 65k a year testing oil or inspecting tanks and shit lime that. Depending on your state, there are plenty of licenses and certificates available for that kind of work, like wastewater treatment licenses, confined space entry and pressure vessel inspection licenses, or even just OSHA.

Other options for driving style jobs are truck driver or bus drivers (make surprisingly decent money). I just talked to a guy at Disney World, they are shirt staffed on bus drivers and get a bunch of perks.
>>
>>18688302
That actually sounds like something that would interest me. I'm gonna look into that.
>>18688337
Well my hobbies do not fall in line with what I'd want to do. I enjoy being mechanically inclined and working out. I have experience with customer service, delivery jobs and being a mail man assistant
>>
>>18688348

It's worth it, it's a dying trade and you'd be surprised how many people lock themselves out too. Many of the "...smiths" trades are in high demand. Too many people are going to college. Also check out Assured Locksmithing. It's completely online and it can take you about a year to complete. but seriously, make sure you do auto locks. You will fail if you don't do vehicles and if you aren't mobile.

http://assuredlocksmithtraining.com/
>>
>>18689110
Thanks man I will definitely check that out
>>
>>18688274
The best non degree jobs if you don't go to a trade school will be entrepreneurship. Start your own business. Pool cleaning company, pressure washing, painting, etc. You don't have to do any of it yourself, you just hire people to do it and take care of advertising, tools, customer service, and other manager things.
>>
>>18688274
Skill trade unions.
>>
>>18689322
Elaborate?
>>
>>18689326
Carpentry, plumbing, ironworking, welding, machine operating.

They have fought to keep their wage up with inflation. Their first year apprentices make the equivalent of minimum wage 40 years ago and journeymen make close to 80k a year on full time, not including overtime. And theres a lot of overtime.

Im a second year carpenter. I made 40k between january and april this year.

Work dropped off after but ill get to about 70k without a doubt.

That was my give up on education and climbing the work ladder plan. Ive never looked back.
>>
>>18689514

Trades are dying, because all the normies think college is the way to go. I hate saying this...but not too long ago on NPR radio, I heard some normie quit his job as a physicist to get a trade and is loving it more than his physicist job.

Any of the "...smiths" and other trades are in high demand. Hell, even a good butcher is hard to come by these days. You can make good money being a barber of you use a straight razor too.
>>
>>18689731

Its because there was a white collar shortage in the 70s and the government ran propoganda ads in schools devaluing the trades and making it seem like an assholes job and encouraged college enrollment.

And then they passed that knowledge to their kids and their grandkids.
>>
>>18689514
bullshit confirmed journeyman of 12 years here i make 80k a year on average there is no way this kid is making 40k for half a years work as a 2nd year apprentice.
>>
File: bhg941ff736x.jpg (28KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
bhg941ff736x.jpg
28KB, 600x342px
>>18690074

Gubment always fucking up the good things in life.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.