[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22, almost 23, never lived away from home in the counrty,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (5KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 280x180px
I'm 22, almost 23, never lived away from home in the counrty, going to grad school in NYC. I feel like I'm a 5 years old. I'm sitting in my new appartment I just moved into a few days ago crying. I want to go home so bad. I'm not even going into a stem field. I want to be a professor for acting.

What the fuck is wrong with me, why am I so weak?
>>
Trade places with me. Stop being soft, you're living a dream. Enjoy it for what it is.
>>
>>18688221
>why am I so weak?

No clue, but maybe you should stop. Just get up, go outside and check out places. Get to know your neighborhood. Go meet people, make some friends. Make the new place your home. You'll achieve nothing by being a whiney cunt. I've moved cities and countries multiple times and, trust me, once you make the effort to know a place and some people you'll feel much more at home.
>>
>>18688226
>Stop being soft
I'd really like to.
>>
>>18688221
>What the fuck is wrong with me, why am I so weak?

You are not weak. When I moved from my parent's house, I cried too. It happened the moment I realized my life was changing. I realized my mom wouldn't be making me breakfast and I realized I'd be eating alone for a long time. I cried man. I saw everything I had only when I didn't have it anymore.

The important thing is to not let this feeling stay. Cry your eyes out. Do it as much as you need. But don't let yourself become an hermit. Go out, invite people over, get moving. Don't stay alone.
>>
>>18688221
Don't freak out too much. This is a common experience for moving out on your own.

Acting huh? NYC is perfect. Attend improv classes, workshops, etc. Get to know people. Find a job if you don't already have one.

Once you have places to be other than school and your apartment, it will start to feel a bit more like home.
>>
>>18688270
Did you ever get used to it? How long did it take for you to stop feeling so horrible?
>>
>>18688665

After a week I stopped crying. A little longer to actually feel comfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm never going back to live with them if I can help it. I llove my family, but I needed my space and it's awesome to finally have it.

It was hard at first, but you get used to it.
>>
>>18688221
How did you afford an apartment in NYC for grad school?

I want to go to Hosfa uni/stony brook for grad school but living in that city is so fucking expensive.
>>
>>18688688
I probably will have to drop out after the first semester, it really is too expensive
>>
File: 1501260539211.jpg (109KB, 558x559px) Image search: [Google]
1501260539211.jpg
109KB, 558x559px
I do think it might have gotten a little bit better, but then again maybe I just used up all the tears I could.
>>
It's getting worse
>>
>>18689517
Move to jersey, you can find a cheaper apartment and be in Manhattan within 30-45 minutes depending on what town you live in. Also it's as lively as NYC so you might feel less stressed out.

Although if you stay in NY long enough you can pay in-state tuition which might cost less in the long run.
>>
>>18688221
You're weak because you've never had to not be weak. Go look yourself in the mirror, slap yourself in the face, and tell yourself to shut the fuck up and stop bitching. You're an actor; act strong. Then keep acting strong until it starts to stick.
>>
>>18688221
>What the fuck is wrong with me, why am I so weak?
Take a deep breath.

Give it two months. The start is always the roughest because change is hard senpai.

Get some good bagels. Put all the lights on and listen to music. Go to a museum ro do something fun.
>>
>>18692059
Ok, I'll try that

>>18692069
Two months? Fuck, ok.
>>
>>18692288
It probably won't be that long, but any change causes emotional distress. Especially big moves/moving away from family.

You're essentially going through minor sundowners.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.