[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A very simple question - how to get rid of emotions? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: emotions.jpg (16KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
emotions.jpg
16KB, 1000x600px
A very simple question - how to get rid of emotions? I don't want to feel anything - positive or negative. I just want to exist without feeling much of anything.
>>
>>18688099
And they say teenagers have it easy
>>
>>18688099
Escapism.
Anime, vidya, shitposting, rampant fapping.
You're not feeling stuff when you're spending all your day grinding in some MMO.
>>
>>18688099
Read "Mindfulness in Plain English"
Learn to stop chasing and avoiding things.
Learn to meditate and essentially think of absolutely nothing.
>>
>>18688099
Get depression. Didn't even cry when my best friend killed himself. 10/10 bby.
>>
Take an SSRI. I'm on paxil and I feel like an emotionless robot.
>>
>>18688121
3dgyt33n.jpg
>>
>>18688099
Look into Stoicism.

It's a real world applicable philosophy which was taught by the great minds/philosophers of ancient times, like Cicero, Seneca or even Marcus Aurelius.

One of the most notable quote of stoicism I like:

>"What need is there to weep over parts of life?
The whole of it calls for tears." - Seneca
>>
>>18688164
Came to post this. Alternatively, something like Buddhism might work. The problem here is that stoicism isn't actually about killing emotion
>>
>>18688171
>>18688099
Yeah, but it's definitely much more approachable and easier to implement, imo.

But meditations, buddhism definitely works too. I would also recommend picking up some traditional martial art (Wing Chun, but traditional, not the western version), as the ability to let go of emotions is one of the aspects of martial arts.
>>
Torture is usually good for emotional dampening or threat of loss of life for prolonged period
>>
>>18688099

Work on whatever is making you feel so bad.
>>
>>18688099
Zoloft, I've had two relatives die recently and haven't felt a thing.
>>
>>18688099
no you don't. you just want to be happy again. try to be reasonable.
>>
>>18688099

I don't know if it's a universal thing, but I personally find that when my capacity for emotion goes down when I'm extremely tired. Like, forgo-an-entire-night's-sleep tired.

I actually like myself in that state. I find my self too emotional normally, and that state makes me super chill. I also feel my constant emotional pain less - similar to when I'm drunk.

But then in that state I also feel like I'm physically dying, sooo..

Probably the most unhealthy thing you can do to yourself to induce and extend that state. Can basically feel the years dropping off the lifespan
>>
>>18688099
Believe you me you don't want that, get over yourself.
>>
Become a tranquil from the dragon age series.
>>
>>18689594
VIDEO GAME LAND?!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.