[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a lazy gamer. Oftentimes, it's the only thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1503481909998.jpg (2MB, 1200x1560px) Image search: [Google]
1503481909998.jpg
2MB, 1200x1560px
I'm a lazy gamer. Oftentimes, it's the only thing I look forward to or want to do. Makes me somersault out of bed and happy to start the day--if you can even call a day spent gaming a day. It's more like a black hole.

Without games I mope around and (also) waste a shit ton of time...last year in college was absolutely deplorable. Almost kicked out. I wasn't high, partying or playing, nor hanging out with anyone. Just sat around doing nothing. Not knowing what to do with myself. Depressed, anxious, and watching the walls closing in. My GPA only started skyrocketing out of my fear of being kicked out.

How I treat gaming is a reflection of my fucked up priorities and compulsions. Games give me the sense of challenge, adventure, and...companionship that I never really had. When I wake up, default me without games doesn't have anything to do...in fact, default me wants to be smothered to death by her bed. Kinda like how I was as a 10 year old kid, breaking a bone (yeah that happened) and cutting myself just so I didn't have to go to school. I was top of my class but eh, I didn't give a fuck. Had no pride, no dignity. I just fucking hated being forced to go when school was so unchallenging, so...claustrophobic. I'm very much still that animal--just grown up.

Goals? Yeah, believe it or not, I have a few palpable ones.
>get fit (lost the weight due to appetite loss but I'm still out of shape)
>be able to control my compulsions+insecurities
>not be so influenced/bummed out by my environment and people
>see and embrace the day as being full of possibilities then just a hot mess
>just in general become someone used to productivity and doing a variety of things
>time management; become an organized person, who visualizes, schedules, and in general isn't a scatter brain who forgets everything

>ultimate goal: be able to put in significant amounts of time into my dream and bee passionate

What should I do?
>>
File: 1494717514795.jpg (338KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494717514795.jpg
338KB, 768x1024px
Bump
>>
Okey oppe here goes

I can understand your situation as I myself have experienced a very similar sentiment. This for me happened in high school and was bullied a fuck ton for being the recluse video game kid, but I always wanted to be happy.

One thing I am completely sure about is that my situation improved once I started analyzing it. I tried to think down to the bottom of my problem. I had a "why am I like this" approach. And I really started thinking. I had confidence problems that really hurt me a lot, and while comparing yourself to others is bad, this is exactly what helped me. I tried to understand why other are doing well and why I (think) I'm doing bad.

The more thought I put into this I understood that having the right attitude and people around you can really help. I had an old childhood friend to rely on to try and get out more. And I tried to draatically improve my attitude. There is no easy way out, and only you can help yourself. Sure you can fake it til you make it but it will only ever get you so far, so to instill a positive attitude in yourself you need to start to genuinely believe it.

You need to think long and hard about what you value in life. I love vidya too and it's still a part of my life. But things that I loved about vidya I started to incorporate in my personal life. I like the companionship, so I started working on my people skills and making friends. I try to pick people to make great friends, people I can relate to and care about. To relate it to vidya, all these aspects you like about video games you can through work and time, translate to real life and you will hopefully in time feel more happy and fulfilled.

Also try to experiment with activities and hobbies because there are things you probably don't know you like. Like games? Wanna get better with people? Why not try a board game club?
>>
>>18687194
Also when you try to accomplish your goal, try to think about your motivations behind it. The more logical and clearer your reasoning is, I think the easier it will be for you to stay on track with your goals because you will have already thought the implications through and now you understand how positively pursuing your goals can be and how detrimental it can be to not do so.

This sounds a little vague, but for example, I wanted to get /fit/ to feel better about myself, improve my self esteem and be objectively more attractive. These are pretty grounded reasons as to why I did it and reminding myself has helped me stay on track.
>>
>>18687194

This guy's a douche canoe.
Vids are fucking sweet and it's all I need in my life. Well vids and no bills free food and pussy.
>>
just keep playing vidya, bro.
>>
>>18687042
>Depressed
you mean sad right

>What should I do?
accomplish your goals, but one at a time. if you ever think "damn, i'm too tired to get up", get up. you will be discouraged to have those thoughts because of inner will, and if the lack of willpower is your problem, you should consult to a counselor to get in place. gaming is ok.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.