[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i become good at conversations? how do i become interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

how do i become good at conversations?
how do i become interesting to talk to?
im a friendless virgin and been a neet for the last 4 years i just recently got a job but it's stressing me out not because of the job but because i don't have friends at work
i always eat alone at lunch and breaks
people thinks im weird because im 6 foot tall and i act like a beta fag (which i think i really am)
how do i change this?
my routine when i was a neet was
>wake up
>jerk off
>vidya
>eat
>sleep
that i think it fucked up my already non existent social skills even more
talking to other people has become a chore for me and more stressful, more work and more difficult for than my current job
also i think one of the factors to my problems is that i have unusual interests and hobbies compared to "normal" people but i don't have fucked up interests like otakus and robots
>>
Bump while I think of something to say
>>
>>18686825
don't feel bad. i was like this for a while to. people will accept you as you start opening up to them more. some people might mess with you. but most people are nice and it doesn't really matter. you will make it op! :)
>>
File: 95437.jpg (424KB, 1280x3346px) Image search: [Google]
95437.jpg
424KB, 1280x3346px
Back. Pic semi related.
Those are somewhat objective improvements you can make. I say somewhat because they are just facade but also a sure fire way to be more normie like.

You should definitely try some sort of self development course or coaching on skype or what not. You need practice in getting down the basics of communicating.

I read this in a dating advice book which is weird but I think it could work for you. A good part of communicating is entertaining yourself. Having fun and enjoying life pretty much. This was about getting dates and not coming off as desperate. Besides the functional aspect you communicate to entertain yourself, tell jokes, have banter, learn something interesting, etc. I think this is a good goal and decent way to be effevtive in communicating. But make this a sort of long term goal, make sure you have a good basic understanding of communicating and being a normie around normies before you spill some spaghetti at the wrong time and become an outcast. This is something you'll have to be careful about.

A good approach might also be to force yourself into social interactions, and a good place for you to do that is a place where you won't be judged much. I'd say volunteering or some sort of courses (salsa or ballet room dance or some sort of dance or maybe a fitness class idk). I've heard Meetup.com is nice but I can't confirm at all.

An important thing you'll have to understand is only you can help yourself. Nobody else can do this for you. You have to find that strength within yourself. Look on the brightside, if you aknowledge the existance of a problem you are half way to solving it.

Godspeed OP wish you the best of luck.
>>
Ask open ended questions. Don't just be like "is your day good?", yes or no questions tend to slice a conversation really fast. Instead ask "how are you?" And let them describe their day for you. Learn to actually listen and follow the flow of the conversation instead of constantly bringing up random ideas. REMEMBER THAT YOUR BODY LANGUAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT. A lot of people nowadays don't smile and that makes you look unapproachable cause it makes you look like you're having a bad day and people will prefer not to bother you.

This is just some very general advice.
>>
>>18686825

start listening to podcasts. they're a model for good conversation and cover a variety of topics, so you'll have more things to talk about as well.

my sense of humor has benefited, i'm weirdly knowledgeable about a lot of things, i'm more engaging, and I can open other people up and make them feel comfortable in a conversation.

one of my favorite things to do is to play something grindy and zone out to a podcast.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.