[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go up to girls and socialize, /adv/? I'm confident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

How do you go up to girls and socialize, /adv/? I'm confident enough to talk to them but I don't want to come off as weird, random or creepy if I decide to go up and talk to someone.

Is it normal just to go up to a girl and randomly start talking to her or is that strange? I have recently gained this aforementioned confidence and before I used to be an extreme beta so I haven't really had to think of this situation before.

Any advice?
>>
Don't overthink, let things happen naturally.
>>
>>18685175
Fair enough, but what I want to do is start to flirt with a ton of girls and it's a bit hard to let things "happen naturally" when I'd be the one starting these conversations.
>>
>>18685159
If you just go up to a woman and literally say "do you want to go for a drink?" It's generally ok, you probably won't get arrested for harrasment.
>>
>>18685196
I mean, that seems a little blunt, I was thinking more starting a conversation and evolving that into a "can I get your phone number?" kind of deal, lol.
>>
>>18685202
If you meet the person often, like in the shopping cue or work or what-have-you then making conversation is pretty normal then literally say "do you want to go for a drink?".
If it's a total stranger you like the look of breaking into conversation is a bit forced, you're better off literally saying "do you want to go for a drink a drink?".
>>
>>18685212
Yeah it's not one select girl I'm aiming for, really just anyone who seems like they'd be a good match for me. But yeah, they are pretty much complete strangers, I was thinking of just talking with them a bit and if they seem interesting I would go for their number. My only problem is approaching a girl randomly without coming off as weird.
>>
>>18685229
Just go up to them and literally say "do you want to go for a drink?"! That's acceptable.
>>
>>18685243
For real? I feel like I would need to at least get to know the girl first before I do something like that, but like I said in the OP, I haven't ever had to think about this before so I might be wrong.
>>
>>18685256
Ok. You go up to a woman you say "do you think Shakespeare is good?" or "the weather is quite mild this time of year eh?". You do your 10 15 minute talk if they don't say fuck off , then you say "can I have your phone number?". If they say "no" you are then stuck in the middle of nowhere. All you can then do is then say "ok goodbye " and walk off and that's just as bizarre as anything. I literally went up to a blonde woman in Tesco and said "do you want to go for a drink?" And she said "no i'd love to but I've got to go back to work but thanks very much for asking ". She was pleased even though it was a no, and we waved and said goodbye.
>>
>>18685271
Really that easy, huh? I guess I was over-thinking it. Would this sort of behavior be acceptable say, for example, on public transport? I have to take the bus from place to place a lot, so would it be weird then if I were to get out of my seat, ask if the seat next to a girl was still available and take it from there?

Sorry if I sound retarded, I have just never pictured these types of scenarios before.
>>
>>18685285
Well the thing about the shop or supermarket or street scenario is that both people are wandering around so a quick "do you want to go for a drink? " And then quick exit is perfect.

Public transport is different thinking about it. You could sit next to them read the paper then start your conversation as the person is stuck there unless they get up. You've still got the horror of asking the question, being told no, then just sitting there in silence for twenty minutes. I wouldn't fancy it really. Unless I got talking, then just as I leave or they leave then ask.
>>
>>18685300
Yeah, public transport would honestly be most convenient for me as there aren't many girls my age where I work and I take public transport almost every day where there are a lot of people my age. The way I picture it, I would get on the bus, ask if I can sit there, talk for a little bit and ask for the girl's number nearly before my stop or her stop comes up. Only foreseeable problem is the fact that there is often a lot of empty seats so she'd wonder why I would choose to sit there in the first place and the fact that it's often difficult to tell if someone is willing to socialize or not so that might result in a quick rejection.
>>
>>18685313
You're right it sounds a nightmare
>>
>>18685323
So is there any feasible way I could make public transport work or is it a no-go?
>>
>>18685343
I've seen it done but I think the conversation developed naturally. People will be either be coming home from work or going to work, you want to get them at lunch time really.
>>
>>18685362
Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to give it a shot. Wish me luck :)
>>
>>18685392
When you say girl, right , you do mean women yeah?
>>
>>18685396
Yeah, obviously, lol
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.