[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in aiming for a high GPA when employers value

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Is there any point in aiming for a high GPA when employers value normie behavior and experience the most? And is it important for internships?

t. Pre-engineering major (probably going into mechE)
>>
>>18685077
Sometimes it can help when you have little to no experience. Once you get at least 2 years it means fuck all. If your gpa is 3 or below don't even bother putting it on your resume.
>>
It's the Gpa that can get you through the door, it's the interview that lands you the job. I always personally thought that if you get called for the interview, you are qualified for the tasks in hand. It's the interview to see if you are a normie. And you can't exactly put that on a resume
>Normie, NYC, 2010-present

So yes, strive for a high gpa.
>>
Im an accountant, but GPA's seem to play a role in landing an internship. Which in turn lands you your first job.

I never did an internship had a 3.0 gpa, but I worked as an accountant for my dads company couple years after graduating. After that it was a joke to find a better job. I was hired 4 weeks or so after i started looking. I interviewed at small and medium size companies in person. Not once was I asked for my gPA in any stage of the interview process.
>>
Yes, it gets you interviews easier. It doesn't guarantee a better job or success. You might be able to work for more competitive companies as well. It basically means easier time getting interviews and maybe make you slightly more eligible for "fast track" positions in big companies

t. 3.97 with a brutal courseload and scholarships out the ass who works at a medium pay job he doesn't like
>>
>>18685183
But also note that I got like 10x more follow-ups for interviews when I started compared to my friends when I started applying for my first job
>>
>yfw you realize the sole purpose of an interview is to make sure you're a big enough normie that they can effectively work you like a piece of machinery
>"soft skills" "working with others" "a good fit for the company" are literally just codespeak for "normie we can leverage"
>>
Are you actually surprised that employers value people who can interact and get along with other people over who has the highest GPA?
>>
>>18685077

>Is there any point in aiming for a high GPA when employers value normie behavior and experience the most?

Oh God, have we stooped so low that now we're blaming normies for your professional failures as well as your personal ones?
>>
Reminder that school counts as 50% experience. 4 yr degree is 2yrs exp
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.