[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >get corporate job >it's fucking retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: dr phil.jpg (31KB, 736x522px) Image search: [Google]
dr phil.jpg
31KB, 736x522px
>be me
>get corporate job
>it's fucking retarded bullshit
>mfw i imagined i'd be in intense competition with highly intelligence, competitive cutthroat climbers
>mfw i found out that everyone is actually stupid and incompetent low-level sociopathy
>mfw having a high savings and no debt means idgaf if i get fired
>mfw the people who tried to fuck with me when i came in all got fired
>mfw i walk around the building talking, eat sushi with the brown girls in IT and do like an hour of work a day
>mfw i have zero challenge or professional development in my life and i want to fucking eat a gun

What do
>>
get a white wife and start breeding children, obviously only if you are white.
>>
>>18685072
If you don't want to be there, just quit. there are other pepple who actually want to work at your job, so if you arent taking your work seriously, give it to someone who will.
>>
>>18685081
too young, and that's how you get tied to the game for life and end up an obese cucked stressed out 45 yo (i see these guys everyday at work). i dont see myself having kids before i have a sustainable career or financial independence unless i'm going to let my wife be the breadwinner
>>
organizations are built on mediocrity.

The highly capable, intelligent etc start in higher roles or start their own corporation.

OR, they eventually fall in these 2 ladders. Organizations usually cannot hold onto highly capable people as they are designed for 90% of the world.

My advice- survive, realize that your colleagues are what you say they are and learn to co-exist. Do a vertical movement to another organization as your promotion will likely create enemies. Rinse and repeat until you are challenged.
>>
>>18685085
there are people who work "harder" than me, but they spend their time doing thing like
-manually editing excel files for hours straight instead of writing a macro that lets them do the whole thing instantly
-manually pasting together excel files because they don't want to email the IT guy and get a view built for them on the SQL server
-come up with a retarded "IT Project" but refuse to let developers automate anything, which means the whole thing is rickety as shit and runs by hand (guess what i work on)
my whole department would be willing to work 8x harder than me, but there's probably only one person there who would actually end up more productive for the trade, and he's already working on the same project as me
>>
>people who tried to fuck with me?
What happened? I kinda need some advice with people being unnecessarily mean.
>>
I've started working remotely without authorization full-time. I honestly spend 3/4th of my day shitposting or jacking off or watching video game streams. I just got a performance review a month ago and it was better than my last one. This whole structure is fucking insane. I feel like such a piece of shit sitting around doing nothing all day and collecting a paycheck. I get WAY MORE flak when I try to do a good job at work because these people sense someone dumb enough to do actual work at their jobs and start maneuvering to take advantage of you and talk shit about you to your boss. I actually used to get bad reviews from my boss before I started doing basically zero work. Nothing makes any fucking sense here
>>
>>18685133
People horizontal to me started trying to "manage" me by positioning themselves between me and my boss, setting arbitrary deadlines for side projects for stuff i was working on, and telling my boss I wasn't working hard enough if I didn't do their stuff fast enough. I responded by becoming depressed as shit and basically being unproductive for a few months. After I realized I didn't do shit and nothing happened to me, I stopped being depressed and kept not doing shit, but started spending all day relaxing at the office and reading fitness blogs. All the people who tried to scam me left the company or failed to have their contracts renewed after I stopped helping them. It was all fucking stupid
>>
>>18685150
Please note that I'm in a backwater retarded department at a falling company and don't ruin your job if it's actually good
>>
I'm thinking about just quitting and spending a year applying to graduate schools and studying independently. I have some really good letter writers from my undergrad and really high grades and all that shit. I live with my parents rn so my expenses are like $300 a month in food and then health insurance
>>
>>18685139

How did you work from home remotely??
>>
>>18685192
Company has software in everyone's pcs that lets them do it. Most people do twice per week, i just started doing it fulltime
>>
>>18685072
Blow your head off man, I'm not fighting for your survival
>>
>>18685248

Yeah at my company it's once a week max. But I'm just asking because people would notice right? I sometimes do twice a week but it's rare
>>
>>18685289
They have noticed, but I pretty much just tell my boss "oh yeah I'm between apartments" whenever he tells me to go to the office and he doesn't say anything. He works full time remote in another state but he hears from coworkers where I'm at
>>
>>18685491

You are a hero to me, sir. I would have buckled under the pressure and went back. Takes guts to not care about your coworkers ratting you out. But I'm guessing the 1/4 of the workday you do is your lifeline so you'll be good.
>>
>>18685582
to be honest i have a relocation fee that i have to pay back if i quit and gets waived if i get laid off, so i view me getting let go as receiving a free payment right now. i wouldn't do any of this shit if i wanted to stay employed so i don't want anyone to get fired from me being an idiot and inspiring them
>>
>>18685072
You're redpilled af, desu.
>>
>>18685072
Your coworkers feel the same way, and you're a self-important hack.
If you were better than them, you'd be somewhere else, but you're not.
Enjoy.
>>
File: 1390608698642.jpg (461KB, 1535x2105px) Image search: [Google]
1390608698642.jpg
461KB, 1535x2105px
>>18685072

If you're unhappy then do something else. Thats it.

Ultimately, no one wants to hear you complain about making a lot of money without having to really work for it. Your eternal suffering of having no debt and getting paid to walk around eating sushi all day is of absolutely no consequence to anyone.

This is the kind of problem you either solve yourself or shut the fuck up about because there is no way to communicate about it without coming across as the worst kind of twat.
>>
>mfw having a high savings and no debt means idgaf if i get fired
well I mean this is the key
if they have no leverage on you you can live a stress free life

problem is that's step one
you need to find something outside the 9-5, something I have been incapable of accomplishing, so I can't help you
>>
>>18686528

Yeah fair point. I guess I wouldn't mind being laid off either because i'm pretty hireable I guess.
>>
>>18685072
Do something life changing become a drug addict, stalk someone, sell drugs, put yourself in debt if it really is that numbing
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.