[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here that 'made it' despite being a loser in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1483724649526.jpg (216KB, 660x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483724649526.jpg
216KB, 660x720px
Anyone here that 'made it' despite being a loser in his mid-20s?
I'm 25, been seeing a therapist for 4 years, taking anti-depressants for over a year, and I still can't motivate myself to do anything other than play vidya, watch anime and fap. In fact, I feel like shit whereas before I took them I didn't feel a thing.
Obviously I have no social life, no friends ever, no work or work experience, khv etc etc.
When does it get better?
>>
>>18684488
Yeah, I'm a high school loser transformed into a chad. It took a ton of work to make it happen but it's doable, ask me anything.
>>
>>18684499
I know what I need to do.
But I don't know how to find the motivation.
For example, how do I motivate myself to hit the gym?
Or to get over my social anxiety and go to college?
I've never been motivated in my life for anything that didn't involve videogames or fapping.
>>
>>18684502
Do you have any family living with you, a girlfriend or just anyone really close to you in general?
>>
>>18684488
Kinda, I'm halfway there... maybe. I was a loser 5 years ago. Now I'm doing pretty decent. Not some alpha chad but getting there. I have just been trying to be a little better than the day before and it's made a difference.

You got to do shit. Start with getting used to taking a 30 minute walk everyday. Or some shit. Grow yourself slow and steadily. Once you walked for a few months then maybe try and step it up by saying hi to one person while your out walking. It might seem pointless day to day but over the course of ten years it will have had a dramatic impact on your life.
>>
it does get better but you gotta do what you gotta do to get there. I used to be where you were but then I learned about life and made it happen.
Ill tell you to stop the vidya, try to get work or just get the hell out of the house, improve your hygiene, etc..
>>
>>18684512
Girlfriend? Anon, read the OP, I'm khv, I've never even talked to a girl.
I live with my mom. She supports me. Family ties are really close in my country, I bet if we were in the US she would have kicked me out years ago.
>>18684520
I tried that. Once the weather gets hot I can't keep it up, I'm too fat. I'm gonna start again as autumn sets in.
Also, leaving the house makes me really sad, seeing all the normal people my age living their lives.
>>18684529
Work is not an option atm for various reasons.
Hygiene is fine. Leaving the house, well, I don't have anything to leave the house for.
>>
>>18684531
Maybe get into photography. Getting out more will help normalize it. Sadly the sad feelings may never leave. And regardless of whether they do or not is not what you should be focusing one imho. Learning to live with them means you can at least get somewhere rather then completely stagnating.
>>
I was living the looser life until I was 27. Also a weeb, no figurines though. Then I had a had a gym accident, which made me bed-ridden for 3 months. During that time I was in constant pain, no money and alone. Just one person visited, others probably didn't want to hang with a sad cripple. Still had to crawl to the local grocery store by myself as there was noone to help.

And I realised that not much had changed in my lyfestyle other than not having the choice to do better.

So, after it was possible to walk again, I got a shitty call centre job and worked hard on it. Got new friends from there by figuring out events that people would like to attend and hosting them. Learned how to dress from a few friends. Got promoted to a manager after 1.5y of phone line hell. I am now known as "the best manager" and have a good reputation in general. No gf yet, but I no longer get those disgusted looks from women either. 31 now, saving up to buy an apartment and life is ok.
>>
>>18684488
Define "made it" on your terms? If you mean rise from being a loser nobody to somebody worth more than average I think I've on the way on making it.

I've been a big baby loser since my teens to my early 20s. That also made me embrace lots of nerdy and weeaboo behaviors and culture which doesn't help me in social life and things.
The process of "healing" start when I was forced to take a dangerous factory job in my early 20s which perhaps rough and toughen me up fast.
Then my father died, leaving his estate to lots of hyenas to aim for it. His enterprise and things.

I chose to took it all on me, since I love my mother and wouldn't want her to suffer under our so-called family of hyenas. Now I think it's kinda taking a wrong turn somewhere since then, but at least my mom's safe and I have power to keep everyone I ever cared for and it keeps rising. Of course take my story with grain of salt.
>>
>>18684531
Do things with your mom. When I was like you I just did everything with my sister. Me and my sister are super close cause I would help her out in her homework and I would always mess around with her, that made us have a really strong bond and I felt like I could really be myself and comfortable around her. So what I did was I asked her to accompany me in everything I do, my schoolwork, making friends, finding a significant other etc.

Yeah I know it's kinda childish as fuck but it really made me feel at peace when she was around and my weird and awkward side just slowly started to fade away after she eased me into society.
>>
>>18684502
I was like u. I'm 27 now and I stayed motivated by remembering what Jordan Peterson said. Life is full of suffering and the meaning of life is to continue forward despite the suffering. I made some new friends and started doing normie things with them.
>>
Slow and steady brother. I've been undergoing change from the beginning of the year, be4 all I did was work then go home and get high isolated.
Motivation comes after. Its fucked like that. Force yourself to do the things you need to do, it will suck bad at first but eventually your mind will rewire and these things will become as natural as playing vidya. Def quit the games man it's a giant waste of time.
Give it a year. Take it slow. A lot of young people are riddled with anxiety as well. It's an epidemic of our age so just don't worry about it. Don't put too much thought into social shit, smile and laugh when people are being friendly and they'll love you. Don't talk about yourself unless asked. Listen listen listen.
>>
>>18684834
How did you make friends if I may ask?
Last time I tried, they ditched me for spending much time on the PC and being too socially awkward to follow them to clubs, hit on girls, etc.
Those 2 were my only real friends since childhood and I find it impossible to make new friends at mid-20s with no social enviroment and no social skills.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.