[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make friends as an adult? I don't have time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

How do you make friends as an adult?

I don't have time to socialize during the weekdays (work, gym, night classes). I don't want to go to a bar every weekend and burn money on alcohol.

Everyone around me seems to have their friend situation sorted out. I recently moved here and I don't know anybody. I tried to reach out to people online (made friends with 2 girls & 1 guy) but they eventually fizzled out.

What do I do, /adv/?
>>
You can try making friends at work, the gym, or your night classes. They won't fall out of the sky. People usually make friends in situations where they're forced to spend time with other people.
>>
>>18683712
Volunteer your time to some local cause or organization that is meaningful for you. You'll meet people with whom you have at least one thing in common, and right off the bat, they'll know that you're not an entirely selfish person. When I moved to a small town, knowing no one, that's what I did. Worked out just fine.
>>
File: latest.jpg (31KB, 308x500px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
31KB, 308x500px
Have you tried fliers?
>>
Learn to enjoy your own company first
>>
>>18683970
I hate this advice, there's a fine line
Sure be comfortable being alone, but after awhile, even though you can be comfortable alone, it gets really annoying that you're alone. OP gave no indication he has trouble being alone, he just wants some friends
>>
>>18683712
Multitask. Meet potential friends in class, at gym, at work.
>>
Some bloke on Internet proxy told me people are the cancer. It's probably right.
>>
>>18683979
>after awhile, even though you can be comfortable alone, it gets really annoying that you're alone.
If you are annoyed you can't be comfortable at the same time. You aren't really comfortable yet.
>OP gave no indication he has trouble being alone, he just wants some friends
For what reason would he want friends other than loneliness?
>>
>>18683961
Dude it's a bicep!
>>
>>18683712
Join a social activity. Yoga, soccer, axe throwing/knife throwing leagues, board game and tabletop game tournaments, a million options no matter your hobbies or range of interests.

Its really easy, you just dont know about it or dont pick up the phone or send the email to get started.

Just do it man. Find a thing you like and go where other people do that thing you like.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.