[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a job that requires me to be at work for an average of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1502445100991.jpg (77KB, 534x664px) Image search: [Google]
1502445100991.jpg
77KB, 534x664px
I have a job that requires me to be at work for an average of 12 hours a day. I am very passionate about my work and as a result, I've gotten carried away with it for the past several years. I haven't been in any kind of meaningful relationship for about 4 years now and I've been just waiting for the right girl to cross my path.
Its been such a long dry spell though that I've been intending to take a little time away from work in the next few weeks and just focus 100% on getting a girlfriend. Fuck I think its kind of sad that it is going to require such an extreme effort for me to get into a relationship but I am tired of waiting and I want one.

Well it just so happens that the current job I am working, there is this girl there. Objective 10/10. She shares the same kind of passion as me and I can just relate to her.. She is just fantastic. I hate actually crushing on a girl like this. I feel it leaves me vulnerable. But here I am, I feel like I am in high school or something I want nothing more than to take her out and spoil the fuck out of her.

I make plenty of money. More than double the amount that she makes. And that's not to say she is not getting paid well either. Her career path holds a lot of promise. The industry we work in is lucrative.

My problem is, and where I need advice....

She has a boyfriend. But this guy is a complete loser. I mean he works in a pizza place and she is likely making more than double than he is. She is so far beyond his league it just stupefies me that she is still with him.

I don't give a fuck about this guy. I want this girl. I just need to seduce her.

So /adv, what is the best way to seduce a co-worker?
>>
Everything else aside, you spend literally half your time at work, and you expect to be able to hold down a relationship?
>>
>>18683335
It's possible, it depends on the needs of the person.

>>18683300
It's a really bad idea, especially if you break up. And even if you got what you wanted, a who would leave another guy for money would leave you when she found someone richer.
>>
>>18683343
>It's possible, it depends on the needs of the person.
Sure, but the quality of a relationship like that isn't going to be great and most girls would get sick of it and leave very quickly.
>>
File: 1503073006992.jpg (110KB, 1847x923px) Image search: [Google]
1503073006992.jpg
110KB, 1847x923px
>>18683335
well that is the whole point of dating within the same industry really. My job is very demanding so it would make sense that only other coworkers would understand the hours. And as well, I can actually see her at work to ease any strain on the relationship. Its not uncommon for people to date within the industry where I work. Its more common for relationships to fail when you are dating someone outside of the industry.

If you haven't put it together I work in the movie industry derp. Its more of a lifestyle than a conventional job
>>
>>18683451
It doesn't matter that she 'understands the industry,' a relationship is still going to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to maintain if you're spending half of your life at work. You're not getting paid to date, you're getting paid to work.
>>
>>18683300
Can't help you there, but I hope you fail, and I hope your coworker and her bf continue to have a long, loving relationship.
>>
>>18683458
so what you are saying is that as long as I work in the film industry and contend with these kinds of hours any kind of relationship is effectively impossible? That is the most and sound and reasoned thought out advice I have ever come across. .........

You're a fucking dipshit.

You sound like a very bitter person.

By your logic, her current relationship is completely doomed anyway then, cause she also works an average of 12 hours a day and I should just advance on her as aggressively as possible because its only a matter of time and I should start planting some seeds.
>>
>>18683492
>haven't been in a relationship for 4 years
>actually need to take time off work to see if you can get a girlfriend
>so what you are saying is that as long as I work in the film industry and contend with these kinds of hours any kind of relationship is effectively impossible?
That is what I'm saying, because the information YOU have given me about your life indicates that that is the case; it sure as hell doesn't sound like you have time for a relationship.
>>
>>18683300
Like you'd get together with any woman. Talk to her, spend some time after work with her, when you hit if off well make your moves. If she doesn't really show interest drop her amd move on
>>
>>18683501
and yet you somehow managed to miss the whole point of her also working in the same industry as me and how that would be an advantage.
Yeah dating outside of the industry is a difficult balancing act. Not impossible like you want to try and mischaracterize it. But it is tough, absolutely. Hence why people date within the same industry. Yet you seem to be compelled to compare these two differing scenarios like they are the same exact thing which is just intellectually dishonest. I'm telling you now, there are plenty of people I know personally that make relationships within the industry work.

You read my original post. You just got self-righteous cause you don't like the idea that I may be going after a girl who already has a boyfriend.

The fact that I work those kinds of hours is the weakest argument against me trying to pursue her.

You imply that I should not try and seduce her cause I work the same kind of hours as her... read between the lines dude, I am incentivized to go after her over someone else because I can see down the road how it could be easier to maintain a relationship with someone in the same industry as me.

And if the12 hour days really are as massive a roadblock to any kind of relationship as you may want to make it out to be, then I have even more reason to go after this chick as being in the same industry obviously mitigates that issue.

But maybe you are right. Maybe for any kind of relationship to have any hope of working out you need to dedicate at least 16 hours of your day to her or else there is just no chance at all whatsoever.
>>
>>18683570
now this is real advice. I'm thinking the fact she has this boyfriend is just throwing me off. She never mentions him. And I only know of him through her facebook. All our interactions are pretty flirtatious. Exactly how you would want them to go. I'll probably have her in my car smoking joints with me after work soon enough.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.