[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys do you think flowers on a first date would be cute or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: flowers.jpg (61KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
flowers.jpg
61KB, 612x612px
Hey guys do you think flowers on a first date would be cute or cringy? Never done it before but taking my oneitis out and want to make it as good for as possible
>>
If I turned up to a first date and the guy gave me flowers, I'd think "Jesus Christ, how serious does he think we are already?"
>>
>>18683198
I'm a girl. Like everything, it depends on how much the girl likes you. I would save the flowers for later unless you're certain you're not gonna be awkward/she likes you alot.
>>
No, it's cringey as fuck. Do NOT do this. A good date is fun, slightly dangerous or thrilling, and romantic, shed have to fucking carry flowers the whole time and feel award as shit. Just have fun with this other human.
>>
>>18683198
Do. Not.
>>
Honestly, the fact that this thought has even crossed your mind does not bode well for your chances of making things work with this girl
>>
OP here, getting a consensus that it may be a terrible idea. I've never actually been on a date before so thanks for helping me not look like an idiot
>>
>>18683216
Dude, find something you both would like to do that's FUN, rock climbing hiking some physical activity, then feed her at a fun place with drinks like a speakeasy and a pizza joint, then go somewhere romantic, movies are vanilla but it works.
>>
>>18683240
yeah she loves horror movies so i suggested going to see the new It then dinner. Normally hate the idea of movies as dates but we're already best friends so dont need to talk loads to get to know her
>>
>>18683240
There is absolutely no need to go so overboard, especially for a first date. Coffee or dinner is fine, there's no need to throw as many date ideas together as possible.
>>
>>18683243
>we're already best friends
Are you sure she knows it's a date?
>>
>>18683258
yeah i made it extremely clear haha. we hang out as friends a lot and she even said like as a date so it should be good hopefully
>>
>>18683198
FUCK ANYONE WHO ISN'T TELLING YOU THIS EXACT ADVICE.

Give her a *single* flower. That's how it's done. It's better than giving her no flower, and it's certainly better than giving her a bouquet.
>>
>>18683275
>>18683316
>>
>>18683316
Best post.
>>
>>18683316
is there a particular flower thats best? i guess a rose but idk if that seems too cheesy
>>
>>18683316
To add to this you should put the flower in her hair, or behind her ear right when you see her. It would be more alpha than extending her asking her to "p-please accept this flower I g-got you?". Just say "here, this will look nice on you" and put it right there. Alpha as fuck. Whatever girls say, they love being treated like that, trust me.
>>
>>18683334
i feel like this might be a meme post
>>
>>18683341
Well yea the whole "alpha as fuck" thing is a meme. But I'm being serious when I say I would personally would blush if some guy did that. Its sexy when a guy shows he's in control of a situation, but in a sweet way not controlling in the negative sense.
>>
>>18683348
Just because you're a fag, doesn't mean that you know what girls like
>>
>>18683348
yeah i guess that kinda makes sense but im far too socially awkward to make that look good
>>
>>18683198
Cringey. Don't do it.
>>
File: BeeUrself.gif (30KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
BeeUrself.gif
30KB, 914x1091px
>>18683364
Then I guess all I can tell you is pic related

>>18683357
I'm not
>>
>>18683198
Do not do it.
>>
>>18683334
Asking for your gift to be accepted is not weak. You don't want to ask for permission to breathe, but you don't need to be handling a woman within the first five minutes of the date either. Maybe her reaching out to take the flower herself is an important part of the experience, versus her dealing with yet another "macho" insecure man who subscribes to the PUA scam.

>>18683330
A rose is not cheesy. Pick whatever flower you want. A gift is a form of self-expression, so there's really no point in asking me what kind of flower. Maybe I could tell you what flower is the prettiest or most appropriate, but I'm not a florist.
>>
>>18683198
It's a bit too cringy. A single flower would be better
>>
>>18683399
>PUA scam
Lol ok. If you want to be a skeptical misandrist than be my guest. I like charming men, not men who have to ask for permission to do charming and harmless things because I'm not that paranoid and broken. Its a freaking flower, not a penis.
>>
>>18683425
Grow up, kid.
>>
>>18683431
Okay Shadow
>>
>>18683425
I mean, nobody is paranoid and broken for holding out a rose. When you give your friend a birthday present, do you throw it at him, or do you hold it out for him to take it?

I would say giving your friend a birthday present is a scenario where you feel secure, unlike scenarios where you're dealing with women you are interested in romantically.

Not everyone who recognizes that PUA is a play on people's insecurity is a "misandrist." That's part of the stupid scam.
>>
>>18683437
>>18683441
>shadow the hedgehog
It's like I'm dealing with someone from ten years ago. what the fuck is gong on

I'm just trying to talk common sense to you
>>
>>18683441
>I mean, nobody is paranoid and broken for holding out a rose
I never said that anon. Of course its not. I was saying it seems broken to assume a guy doing something that harmless is somehow an "insecure macho PUA man", which is what the responder said.

The fact you even bring insecurity into the subject, when its not even implied anywhere, means you're projecting your own ideas onto the situation.

Its just a flower. Its not assault to put one in someone's hair. Its CUTE anon...
>>
>>18683454
if you're following the convo he said that it was the only wise choice because it's alpha or something, and that doesn't seem to be an honest way to look at things.

but yeah whether he puts it on her hair or hands it to her just depends on his style. I wouldn't tell him what kind of flower to get or how to give it to her. That's all up to him, and it's probably hard to go wrong.

sry for being too argumentative I guess
>>
>>18683466
"its probably hard to go wrong"
trust me mate I'll find a way haha
>>
>>18683466
It was then said by the same person that the alpha thing is a meme. Its an expression and doesn't have to be taken so seriously.
>>
>>18683474
ok ok geez
>>
I am a female and flowers on a first date seem sweet as long as they aren"t over the top and really expensive. Maybe a simple boquet from the grocery store. Tell her you thought they were pretty and made you think of her <3
>>
>>18683198

Just one flower is ok (not a rose too strong) but like a daisy or something is cute.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.