[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice for an issue that's been weighing down on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: played us.jpg (33KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
played us.jpg
33KB, 540x304px
I need advice for an issue that's been weighing down on me for a long while now..
My boyfriend and I had struggled in the past with a breakup because I caught him lying to me. Not necessarily cheating, but how he'd promised he cut off ties with an old My issue now, is that a girl who has given me trouble in the past, is adding him on Instagram and liking all his pictures, and after asking him to block her, I know he's lying to me about blocking her.
In the past, before my boyfriend and I dated, I had gone on a date with a guy from work (worst decision, i've learned from this) and learned a couple weeks later that he actually had a girlfriend. We'll call her Amy.
Amy found my facebook somehow and messaged me that she and my co-worker (we'll call him Andy) had been in a relationship for almost a year. According to Andy, she was nothing to him. I apologized to Amy that this has happened, and suggested that she didn't need this kind of treatment and gave her proof of how Andy was treating her. Despite giving her evidence of what Andy has said to her, she still to this day remains his "girlfriend/side chick/idk." I cut off all ties to that mess and moved on. (continued)
>>
(continued) Back to my current issue, I have explained to my boyfriend earlier in our relationship what happened with that mess after Amy had tried adding us on Instagram for whatever reason. To keep tabs on us, or something, I'm not sure. He understood then, and had no problem blocking her from his account. Now, a couple days ago, she added him again on Instagram with a new account. She only added him, and from what my boyfriend had told me, she liked a bunch of his pictures. I don't know if this is a move on Amy's part to make Andy jealous, if she's actually trying to make a move on my boyfriend or doing something to make me uncomfortable.
I asked my boyfriend to block her this time, and despite the fact that he told me he did, he actually didn't. I don't know how to approach this without admitting I lurked through his recent post to see she's still there liking his stuff. He isn't following her, but the idea that he's telling me he blocked her but actually didn't makes me feel very upset.
>>
When asking him to block her, he told me that I shouldn't focus on it, that she was just a hurt girl on the internet, and that I should move on. It bothered me, because he knows my issue with her from the past, and I told him it really made me uncomfortable. He told me he did block her, but he actually didn't after seeing her like one of his recent posts.
>>
>>18682468
** cut off ties with an old hook up from college who had been trying to get with him.
>>
>>18682468
I doubt Amy is after your bf but do you still work with Andy? Do you guys still chat or have lunch together?

I think Andy is up to his same ole shit and Amy is trying to find out with whom and since you have a history with Andy you are likely one of many she is tracking down. She knows you may not tell her anything if you were at it again but perhaps she can alert your bf and either he can shed some light on this or disprove it or if there is something between you and Andy cause you problems.
>>
>>18682503
Andy and I still work together, but we rarely speak to each other anymore. At most, we just say "hey" or "how are you." It's never gone further than that. I'm actually still very disgusted with him and try to avoid him if I can.

Because I know my boyfriend is lying to me about blocking her, should I be this upset? Or let it go? It really makes me uncomfortable that she's still trying to include herself in our lives.
>>
>>18682512
First your bf is lying to you about blocking her but if I were he I would want to know what Amy has to say. Your bf should want to know if you are up to something with Andy and Amy is a great place to find out. I wouldn't be this angry with your bf over this nor with Amy.

Put yourself in Amy's shoes, you are the girl that she thinks caused her a lot of pain and grief by dating Andy and you have no idea of other girls he dates or what he says about you and your relationship at work. The person you should still be pissed at is Andy but all of this is fallout from your bad decision to date a coworker in the first place.
>>
Are you implying that I shouldn't say anything to him and let it go, until something happens? I just dont understand how he couldn't just block her after how many times I've told him about the mess that Amy and Andy are.
>>
>>18682549
No, I think you should have an adult conversation with your bf about this and you can start it out by saying you are upset and keep thinking about it and can he (your bf) help figure out what is going on. Unfortunately since Amy is Andys gf your personal life and your work life is intertwined. Don't tell your bf you looked but keep this out in the open so the two of you can discuss. Your bf may decide on his own that its unnecessary to be social media friends.

I also caution you to not speak to Andy about any of this and hope you have not. That will ultimately get back to Amy and then to your bf. See the mess and I really do hope you learned your lesson about work place romance.

I also think something is just off in your description of your relationship with Andy. How it started and especially why it ended. That could be you cannot give specifics here or it may be not so flattering to you and your bf picked up on this so wants to know what Amy knows.
>>
>>18682549
>until something happens?
What do you mean until something happens? What could happen? Seems you are really concerned about your bf talking with this girl. What do you have to hide?
>>
>>18682468
>getting mad at someone liking someone else's pictures
What the fuck. This is how relationships work nowadays?
Bitches get mad at a like? Where the good old days where knocking boots was the only foul.
Fucking kill yourself or grow up.
>>
>>18682574
Andy and I both sort of had a thing for each other when we worked in the same kitchen position at work, and I casually asked him out on a date. I never dated anyone I've worked with before, so I thought it'd be harmless and worst case scenario would be that if it didn't work, we would just be adult about it and move on.
I had no idea Andy had a girlfriend until she messaged me directly a while after Andy and I went on our first (and only) date.
So because I kept hearing back and forth "She's not my girlfriend" and "We've been dating for a year!" I ignored and cut off any communication with both of them because I didn't want to be caught in the middle of anything anymore. Andy and I never did anything, never held hands, kissed or anything. Only one date.
>>
>>18682622
I have nothing to hide, I just don't want shit that happened over a year ago to resurface for no reason out of her spite or jealousy.
>>
>>18682638
>>18682647

Well you can see how Andy told this. You pursued him. I say again Andy is probably up to something else and because you have a history with Andy and you still work together you are a suspect. Its is jealously but jealously over any woman that pursued Andy.

Now your bf is another issue all together. He wants to know why Amy is in contact as much as you do so try to work on it together instead of you flipping out and try to convince your bf to block.

Now if he won't help and continues to lie maybe you should be concerned you are truly with a liar who doesn't give a shit how you feel about anything.
>>
>>18682677
>"....you should be concerned you are truly with a liar who doesn't give a shit how you feel about anything."

The wording on this has me lost. Did you mean I am a liar or that he is?
>>
>>18682685
I'm not attacking you but him. He's a liar. Your bf should want to assist you with this and if he continues to resist and lie it is proof you have a liar pretending to be your bf. You knew this already and broke up over it so this shouldn't be a surprise.
>>
>>18682694

I literally have no idea how to approach talking to him about it again though without saying I lurked through his recent post.. If I admit I did, he'll call me out for not trusting him or might think I'm being a creepy stalker with him about Amy.
I've tried guilting him by telling him Thank you for blocking it, it really makes me feel secure, to which he replied "I try to always respect you." I don't think that is working.
>>
>>18682727
Your subtle attempt was pretty good and he didn't bite so just drop it, admit to yourself he is a liar, and continue to secretly monitor. Either he thinks he has an admirer and wants to cultivate Amy or believes you are up to something with Andy and hopes to catch you. Either way is not good for your relationship. In an odd way its good it was Amy and caused you to check because otherwise he could befriend numerous women and you would not suspect a damn thing.

What exactly did he lie about before that caused a break up?
>>
>>18682882
In April, he told me he reconnected with an old friend from college, but one night I got upset because they had been texting a lot while we were watching tv. I asked what was up with it, and said there wasn't anything going on. I felt ridiculous for being "that girlfriend" so I got over it.
A month later, he admitted to me that he cut off ties with her because despite him telling her he was in a relationship, she kept flirting with him. I felt relieved that he told me, but then he told me that they used to hook up in college. So I felt a little betrayed because he didn't tell me that in the first place, but I shrugged it off because he told me he cut ties.

Around my birthday, he posted a #wcw of me and his old hook up liked the picture, which confused me because he told me that he blocked her. I looked at her profile, he told me it was hers, it was set to private. She has two Instagram accounts: one regular for family and friends, and one set to private with the description "deepest, darkest desires."

So i was upset by that, and confronted him about it, and again, he showed me he blocked her. I didn't want to keep holding onto that kind of grudge, so I let it pass again.
A month later, while scrolling my feed, I saw he had requested to follow her private account again. That time I felt utterly betrayed and confused, and when I asked about it, he said he didn't. I showed him the proof of him requesting to add her (on the Followers activity, you can see what accounts are adding who) and broke up with him.

It took a couple of weeks, but he was very serious and very apologetic about it all. I know, everyone's sorry, but I decided to give it another chance because I'm a fool like that.
>>
>>18682468
What the fuck OP this is just social media. Liking a photo is not akin to sucking someone's dick. Chill the fuck out. Your boyfriend can do whatever the fuck he wants with his instagram. He probably just lied to you to get your paranoia off his ass, and he didn't have the heart to tell you how ridiculous you were being.
>>
>>18683422
getting mad at likes on social media
anon missed the point entirely.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.