[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF asked if I'm Happy with the relationship, I lied and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1501735628312.jpg (100KB, 1080x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1501735628312.jpg
100KB, 1080x1086px
GF asked if I'm Happy with the relationship, I lied and said yes.

She has not had a job since she graduated and she's depressed about. She sleeps whenever she is not applying. She's also extremely insecure about herself (she's overweight) and has anxiety.

While I am not happy, I do think she is a good match for me. I have trouble letting my guard down when it comes to women and with her I can be myself. I don't want to break up with her, but I feel like I am settling all the time. Mainly do to her weight.

Our lives are very intertwined right now. If we broke up it would take me forever getting used to not having her around. I'm generally a lonely person and I don't have any good IRL friends. I'm basically by myself.

I don't know how to move forward. This is my first girlfriend so I don't know how to make that decision of ending it or stay with her. I also feel guilty for lying to her, but it would make her cry and shit and I can't deal with that.
>>
Since weight is the main problem for you, motivate her to exercise. Don't frame it as her being too fat, just say it would be a good way to relieve some stress while she's job searching. Try and reassure her that the unemployment is just a phase and that as long as she's genuinely trying to find one she has nothing to be ashamed about.
>>
File: dont date broken people.png (138KB, 540x488px) Image search: [Google]
dont date broken people.png
138KB, 540x488px
>>18682418
>lied and said yes
Time for break up.
>>
>>18682418
Story time:
>Be me 18 years old
>Meet a pretty cool girl in school
>Not super happy with her but feel like I can't do much better
>Time goes on, we move in together
>make lots of excuses for her and her shady/irrational behavior
>Finish my B.A. Miss out on a lot of potentially great relationships with people I meet
>Move onto my MFA. Relationship is comfortable but I am unhappy. Still, it's been 6 years and I'm too scared to end it
>One day, go through her phone. Find out she cheated on me.
>Hang myself two days later
>two days after that, wake up in a coma.
>end up reconnecting with a person I was very interested in during my B.A.
>this girl is stupidly attractive and makes me feel really good about myself
>end up dumping GF for her
>with this new girl now. Much happier. Mental illness is under control now.
>BUT I am full of regret for not ending it sooner. I wasted half of my twenties with someone I didn't love, basically just rotting and waiting to die because I was too scared to take a chance on finding someone that actually made me happy.
>>
>>18682418

You're not happy with the relationship, don't kid yourself. You're afraid of losing her and being alone by telling her she needs to actually do something with her life.

>I can't deal with telling her the truth

Then you aren't ready for a relationship, and neither is she.
>>
>>18682629
It would be different if I had any other girls interested in me. Apparently I am super oblivious so it would be extremely hard to get into another relationship.

>>18682665
She has a degree and I don't have mine yet. She's just in a rut ATM.

>>18682432
I've done all that. I think it is her mental issues that is blocking her from losing weight.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.