[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my boss is being a dick and often updates the feature spec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: dick boss.png (231KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dick boss.png
231KB, 500x375px
So my boss is being a dick and often updates the feature spec just before I am finished implementing the first specification. I'm a webdev in case it matters.

As a result he thinks I am slow and he puts a lot of blame on me - essentually telling me I am bad at following instructions. His requested are all "small and easy to implement" according to himself.

I've already decided I'm going to quit because I don't want to be his doormat for the rest of my life.

I already have a long email typed out telling him he's a dick (but in a kind way) but I'm thinking of just sending him my resignation instead - citing personal reasons or whatever.

what do /adv/?
>>
>>18681948
>updates the feature spec just before I am finished implementing the first specification.

>As a result he thinks I am slow

ARE you slow? Maybe it's because you don't get the job done that he has the opportunity and time to re-think it.
>>
Just send your resignation and post a bad review on glassdoor.
>>
>>18681948
>webdev

My understanding is that being a webdev involves eating shit from clients. Another way to put it is you're in the shit eating business.

Just being entirely honest as someone who built a complex magento store with zero knowledge and has experienced these headaches you speak of after being quoted in the region of 4-10k from local companies/webdevs to do it and thinking fuck it, I can do just as good a job. If I paid top dollar to have someone do it for me I would be expecting you to eat all my nutty changes at my every whim, no matter how stupid, and thank me for the priv. Be grateful you aren't dealing with clients, the clients changes might have been a lot crazier if it wasn't for whoever spent 4 hours on the phone with them 'managing their expectations'.

Just be sure to ask your manager to email you every time he updates the spec sheet, and take frequent captures of it.

Also start looking for another job... You might find it's like this everywhere if this is your first job in this particular field. Even a bit of freelancing will let you know how demanding customers are.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.