[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I enlisted but it won't be a couple months until I finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I enlisted but it won't be a couple months until I finally get to leave home and be free.

Until then, how do I stop being so bored?

>I am 18
>don't have any money
>don't have a car
>don't have a computer, just a smart phone
>don't have a games console
>have 2 friends who hardly ever want to do anything
>they're 17 and can't go to the club or drink with me
>have no instruments
>absolutely hate drawing

I am so bored, stuck in all day, all I can do is browse 4chan.

(I can't afford a car BTW, I need a job, hence why I enlisted but the application process takes half a year for anyone unaware)
>>
>>18681936
>half a year?

For what fucking branch?
>>
>>18681947
Air force my man, I'm right at the end of the app thank god. Its already been 5 months.
>>
>>18681952
That's unfortunate. Get in better shape, USAF PT requirements are probably easy to max out.
>>
>>18681957
Yeah all I do right now is run and lift and run and lift

It takes up such little time overall in my day though, I have no idea how else to kill time.
>>
>>18681952
>Air Force
You fucked up, my man. Soon nuff, drones'll replace pilots, and you'll be obsolete.

On the other hand, thanks for serving your country, though you may fight in a distant war that has no impact on your country.
>>
>>18681961
I mean if you were Army you could just ask for an earlier ship date

>>18681975
You're retarded. Dude's not even a pilot.
>>
>>18681975
Going in as an armourer and I'm going to go down the line of bomb squad hopefully
>>
Start exercising ! You don't need weights or money to start preparing physically for boot camp.
>>
>>18681984
I do exercise :o
>>
>>18681975
You know there's more to the air Force than being a pilot, right?

Oh not only that, bit there's literally a shortage and they're asking retired vets to pilot an extra year
>>
>>18681975
>Soon nuff, drones'll replace pilots, and you'll be obsolete.
Pilots account for a tiny fraction of the USAF's manpower, and none of those other jobs are going to become obsolete any time soon.

>you may fight in a distant war that has no impact on your country.
That's pretty much a given.
>>
>>18681936
Read a book
>>
>>18682169
Books are really really boring
>>
File: Fight4israel.jpg (109KB, 382x497px) Image search: [Google]
Fight4israel.jpg
109KB, 382x497px
>>18681936
OH GOODY GOY
SHALOM NEW VOLUNTEERS!
HOW DELICIOUSLY YONTIFF
>>
>>18682234
Thank you
>>
>>18681975
only a tiny percentage of people that enlist in the air force become pilots.
>>
File: 20170903_034344.jpg (121KB, 604x431px) Image search: [Google]
20170903_034344.jpg
121KB, 604x431px
>>18681936
Using your phone, learn the basics of another language... Bonus points if it will become something that may be useful to you in your service.

Other than that... Urban exploration? Just be save about it and read up how to do it without getting killed.

If you're an aussie located in Brisbane city, there are some good places to check out, but ALWAYS ALWAYS pay special attention to the weather forecast and the tidal levels before doing drainage tunnels.
>>
>>18682178
Pick up a hobby to continue doing after you're fully into active service. I've heard everyone ends up with a lot of downtime where they couldn't do much if they didn't have a hobby.

If you aren't good at drawing, that's fine, maybe get into something like painting which is surprisingly easy to learn with youtube these days.

Pick up an electronic keyboard and some okay~ish headphones and learn the piano with (you___e).

Learn how to do graphic design on a laptop if you have one, don't need anything fancy, just use gimp to start out because it's free.

Programming? Easy to learn and practice again with a shit laptop.

Hmm, I'm just guessing now, but you could probably pass the time if you don't want to get a hobby just make your fitness goals even broader. Start buying more food and conditioning with a rougher schedule. Add heavier cardio if you don't have it, add more to compensate with the more you plan to workout. Getting /fit/ is never a bad idea before going into an uber masculine culture.

Hope you do well, it's noble to join the military even despite the memes
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.