[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I in the wrong to avoid people who list 'traveling'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: 456666666666666.jpg (25KB, 288x479px) Image search: [Google]
456666666666666.jpg
25KB, 288x479px
Am I in the wrong to avoid people who list 'traveling' on Tinder, OkCupid, etc. or have lots of pics from their travels? They give the impression they're 'muh free spirit', easy/flighty, slightly degenerates who'll fuck people every place they visit, won't stand still because also 'muh-moving-across-the-globe', etc.

They don't seem the type who find a deeper meaning in embracing/contemplating nature, different cultures, sights. It's just so fashionable and trendy to travel now. I don't know, they just fucking put me off no matter how nice they look. How do I shake off this prejudice? There are plenty of them dating sites, maybe I'm missing out by swiping right.
>>
File: WO38t86.jpg (43KB, 411x381px) Image search: [Google]
WO38t86.jpg
43KB, 411x381px
>>18681140
Are you the same idiot who posts on /pol/ complaining about women liking travel?
>>
Do whatever the fuck you want, it's just Tinder
>>
>>18681140
I am not on dating sites, but if I were I'd probably list "travel" as one of my interests.

I'm nothing like the person you described. I had sex just with one person in my whole life, I had dated the same guy for 8 years, I'm overall pretty stable.

While the kind of person you described exists, I don't think they are the majority of people who enjoy travelling.
>>
isn't the goal of tinder to just fuck? who cares, it's not like you're gonna commit to any of these people
>>
>>18681140
I think some women exaggerate their love of travel in lieu of having a personality. If it's literally all they talk about, I tend to avoid them mostly because I'm an introvert who wouldn't have anything in common with anyone who's spent a month wintering in vietnam or whatever the fuck. Where do these bitches even get the money to travel like this? Surely they don't all have 6 figure jobs looking for dates on tinder.
>>
Nowadays 4chan is a fucked up place...
Dude have you ever done travelling? This is not how you imagine it I guarantee
>>
>>18681162
>Where do these bitches even get the money to travel like this?

THIS
>>
>>18681222
Travelling is pretty fucking cheap.
I have been travelling all August and I've spent maybe 600€ in total.
>>
>>18681256
>travelling in europe is easy and cheap

No shit, try having to take an international flight out of murrica to see a country that doesn't share a border with you.
>>
>>18681269
I've seen flights from the US to Europe for 99€, and there are many places that are relatively inexpensive after you spent money on the flight.
>>
>>18681222
as a man, even by going out on a friday night you're sacrificing money, the next day's workout, clarity of mind, gas money and risking social standing, making a fool of yourself a thus your reputation, etc

you could argue that women sacrifice those things too and you'd be right in the sense that they still pay money for some things and they still feel shitty the day after and alcohol makes them do dumb things too but the determinal difference is that for a man, these things have different consequences.

your time is the most valuable thing you have and you have to keep working hard just to not fall behind. It doesn't matter for a girl to make a fool out of herself because people accept girls for being wacky and random. It doesn't matter that she didn't spend the time more wisely because even the average girl gets her faults looked past. It doesn't matter if she's fucking up her health because even flabby girls who sit on their asses get courted and their minimal pretend-efforts are celebrated.

being a man you have to spend most of your time hauling ass JUST TO COME UP AS AVERAGE.

that's why when you return from clubbing without getting female attention/scoring you feel like utter shit. It's because you realize you've just set yourself back three days for nothing.

this doesn't apply to women, they literally go to a club, get showered in attention, get drunk as fuck, spend the next day being a grumpy bitch and their life goes on without any real loss or consequence, ready to do it again 2 days later.

That's how they have the money for this shit. They can afford to spend 8 hours a day being a shitty no-effort waitress with no career prospects, make 800€/month, because there isn't really anything else worthwhile they'd be doing anyway. They spend a minimal amount on food, which is really the only thing thing they have to keep a close eye on to remain attractive.

/rant
>>
>>18681354
You are beyond help. The cult of bitter virgin manchilden from /r9k/ has brainwashed you.
>>
Traveling is not like this at all, at least for me. When I travel I don't spend time in strip clubs or anything like that, I go and experience the culture and explore every single shop and restaurant I can. Not everyone is so obsessed with sex that they wanna fuck everywhere they go. In fact a lot of people don't travel for sex, I don't know where you got that idea from.
>>
>>18681414
fuck off, that anon got it right

>>18681222
other men pay for them or women make 'international friends' who 'accomodate' them in their travels.
>>
>>18681459
Some women actually have jobs and live alone just like men do. I know its super hard to imagine from your small, close minded misogynistic world view tho
>>
>>18681140
???

That's the perfect tinder girl, easy and experienced. Just remember to use a condom
>>
>>18681140

Just gonna throw this out there,
Travel is an incredibly neutral marker for me, on par with hiking, basically mean's you like to leave the house occasionally.

>>18681354
this is rant status, but OP has a point, it stops being cool being a 'free spirit' sometime after college. Women still have the final word in choosing mates, and not having your shit together does you no favors.
>>
is it wrong that to have no real interest in travelling?

everyone keeps asking me if I plan on going anywhere. why do people constantly have a need to go away somewhere. it's starting to make me feel a bit inadequate even though I like being at home

it's weird people want to buy their own places then it's like they don't even want to spend time there. they always have a need to go out every night or go away when they have time off.
>>
>>18681540
>>18681147
What if I'm actually looking for long term relationships? Leaving the house I see the same old type of women on the street, half naked, half adorned, not good for stimulating interactions and/or activities. And I mean mentally stimulating
>>
>>18681567
Then don't look it from a fuck app

Are you fucking retarded
>>
I think travelling is okay. But I'm just a foreigner, a visitor on a strange land with a strange culture. I'd be more into traveling if I could go nomadic and say spend at least a few months or a couple of years somewhere, to fully embrace that world.

Being a tourist is a boring shallow experience. Yeah sure you take a peek at a whole different country, maybe ask around and get educated into their lifestyle, but everything is done at a faster speed, you don't fully absorb or experience any of it as a native. You're like paying tickets to see a show and at best get asked ot step on the stage for a minute. I find it empty therefore I'm not impressed by people who travel so fucking much and brag about it. And I doubt it's as meaningful for most of them as it seems to be.

Also this >>18681564
>>
>>18681574
I think part of the problem is how we interpret coming of age stories, the whole hero's journey thing. You're suppose to 'go out' and 'find yourself' and this transformative process is suppose to happen outside of your daily routines. Whether that's true or not is kinda moot, that's the way culture frames these stories.

I don't have a problem with traveling, hell if I had unlimited funds and time I'd do it.

More I tihnk my bitterness emerges from daily realities. Most people can't drop everything and go travel Europe for a year, we have jobs, bills, rent, etc. it's the financial reality that most of us are stuck in one place out of necessity, but really, if you find some way to make it work, power to you.

The flip side is those people don't make roots, while you're off traveling, I'm saving money, building out a small business, doing school, and planning my life.
>>
>>18681564
It's not wrong, it just means you're a boring person who prefers to stay in their little comfort zone instead of going out. Also most women will think you're broke.
>>
>>18681140
yes, you sound like a fucking retard
>>
>>18681354
>It doesn't matter for a girl to make a fool out of herself because people accept girls for being wacky and random.
And if she sleeps with someone even one friday, most of /r9k/ would brand her undatable

>>18681140
Ltos of assumptions happening there. Maybe try to remember that each person is an individual and not just another representative of the group. But if you don't like travelling a lot, you're right to swipe right in a way, since you'd probably get dragged along if you enter a relationship
>>
File: earth7.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
earth7.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>18681256
This. I travel at least 4 months a year out of the US on a budget of <1,000 USD. I was in Hawaii in February, 180 USD r/t flight. You just have to look.
>>
>>18681354
You just surround yourself by hoes, doesn't mean every other girl out there is a hoe too.
>>
File: earth9.jpg (601KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
earth9.jpg
601KB, 1920x1080px
>>18681414
>>18681146
>>18681182
these
this desu
>>
i can tell you from experience, if u want a 'free spirited' woman to be in a long term relationship with you, shes gonna have really high expectations of you. It can be motivating but at the same time hell. she wants you to do this and that for her because she's 'on top of the world' and you know the drill..
>>
>>18681280
where? the cheapest i could ever find was $500-600 USD
>>
>>18681681
https://www.tuifly.be/
Here. Last week I saw Brussels - Miami for 99€.

I also saw a couple of promotions from Norwegian for 300€ roundtrip.
>>
>>18681610
>600
>1000
That still doesn't fucking add up. To me, that's a shitload of money, especially since I'd still have bills to pay even while I'm fucking off somewhere in Europe spending even more money I don't have.
>>
>>18681711

That's why you get a job with paid vacation. In a month I'm going to Europe and I'll be paid $50 an hour to be doing so. I'm not saying it was always like that for me, but travel is very feasible if you schedule it right.

To each their own though, if you don't like travel, don't date someone who does. But travel is amazing. It broadens your horizons, helps you be a more varied person that values other perspectives, that kind of thing. I'll never get someone who wants to stay home and watch/read/play the experiences of others vicariously instead of getting out and doing something themselves. I get at least out of my city once a month, out of the state about nine months out of the year, and out of the country at least once a year. So much nicer than sitting in my little bubble where it's a ten minute drive to work and even less to the store/bar/gym/etc.
>>
>>18681823
> 50 dollars an hour job
> 96k income

yes, money does broaden your horizons and enable many things.
>>
>>18681604
boring is a seven hour flight to sit in the same tourist traps millions of people have sat in for decades
you have no idea what boring is or isn't
fucking hate people like you
>>
>>18681872
That's why you don't like traveling, because you are a boring person and would only travel in a boring way. You're not able to imagine how non-boring people live.
>>
>>18681879
>travels
>instantly becomes more interesting than everyone else
>>
>>18681694
>only airports in florida
Kek, of course flying to yurope is cheaper on the east coast. Flying in from the west coast is always at the very least $300, usually $700-1000
>>
>>18681860

Yeah, but like I said, life wasn't always like that for me. It was only three years ago I was making $35k, but I managed to find ways to travel. For example, I pay all of my bills and almost all of my expenses on my Southwest credit card. I pay it off each month like it's a debit card. That's enough reward points every two months or so just on bills for a free flight if you catch one of their sales.

I would do shit like road trip with friends, splitting cheap $30 motel rooms four ways, back when I was a broke college student. Or we'd camp, or find a friend's place to crash at.

Liking to 'travel' doesn't necessarily mean a $3,000 European vacation every two months. It can be as simple as a 5 hour trip to the beach on a weekend.
>>
>>18681894
Okay? I mean, Miami is still in the US and all I said in my post was that there are very cheap flights from the US to Europe.
That was one example - there are probably many others. Maybe not for that low, but for pretty low prices as well.
>>
>>18681890
>I'm boring and unimaginative
>therefore everyone else is too
>>
>>18681890

It's a faster way to become more interesting than the guy who never left his town of 30,000 and tells people about what he read on Wikipedia or whatever.
>>
>>18681872
Youre boring and full of your own ego cause you refer to everything as 'tourist traps' when you probably have never been anywhere beside your neighborhood. You also are probably an asshole considering how overly defensive you get over criticsm, but thats just my assumption. Travelling is fun dude, experiencing new cultures and seeing new places that are exotic and different is the bomb.
>>
>>18681899
I think I came off harsher then intended,
really, power to you personally.
just that money enables a lot of things and lifestyles that many people may not have.

yes, there are certainly ways to travel cheap too.

I come back to the same gripe, for me the bitterness comes from feeling stuck, I can't afford to drop everything and travel, for a lot of people not working is not an option, or work in fields that don't allow travel.

The difference is when you have money you have options, you can coast for a while, live cheap, rent your home and go somewhere else, etc.
>>
>>18681927
Nah, I get it. My buddy works in a hotel, has split days off, only like a week of vacation a year, and no holidays. When he does have time off, he feels the need to spend it with family. Travel is a very rare and special thing for him.

However, I used to be in his situation and worked my ass off to get out of it so my lifestyle would let me travel. He doesn't seem to have the same drive to move into a position that will give him more lifestyle perks.
>>
>>18681890
Yeah thats pretty much what it is. When you tell a girl travels then her interest in you skyrockets cause it means you got stories to tell and a lot of money.
>>
>>18681978
This is true.

t. Traveler
>>
>>18681140
Yes and no.

"Travel" is just another way of saying "I like taking vacations so I hope you have a lot of money", like no shit, literally everyone likes vacations. Shows a girl is a basic bitch.

Not being able to identify basic bitches and just swiping left on them like the rest of us, and instead complaining about basic bitches on a zimbabwean lawnmower repair board is really fucking autistic tho.
>>
It's not wrong. Traveling isn't inherently fun or interesting, the same way staying at home isn't inherently boring.

Most travelers have no insight in to anything, they say a lot of words but it never means anything. The extent of their insight is "I remember when I did this, it was great"

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers"

Prolific travelers fit two of the above and it isn't the first one.
>>
>>18681140

You're an idiot if you think you can infer so many things just because someone says they like to travel. Try to be more humble and refrain from judging others on such simple things. You'll only hurt yourself and others if you keep this up in the long run.
>>
>>18681159
To play devil's advocate, I live in the hospitality field in a popular European destination. About 90% of the single American, Canadian, and Western European women that come through have flings.
>>
File: 1455171878167.png (52KB, 228x220px) Image search: [Google]
1455171878167.png
52KB, 228x220px
>>18681879
>the Chad method to travel
>personally swim across the Atlantic while Stacy sucks your dick
>arrive at your destination and immediately begin sucking in "the culture" like a vortex
man shut the fuck up
plane ride is the LEAST painful method

>>18681917
I've been to Yurop and the Middle East
couldn't tell the difference desu
>>
>>18682238
You're on the wrong board. Your cuck fantasies belong on /r9k/ or /pol/. It's obvious you have never left your home state.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.