[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't want friends I don't want a girlfriend I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: A47.jpg (45KB, 323x960px) Image search: [Google]
A47.jpg
45KB, 323x960px
I don't want friends
I don't want a girlfriend
I don't want my family around
I have always been alone, from a very early age, it used to bother me as a kid, now it does not, I'm not afraid of people or incapable of interacting with them, I'm not a teenager I'm an adult, I'm alone almost all the time, maybe I spend a couple hours a month with someone else but that's it I live alone, I eat alone, I keep to myself
I had friends before but I didn't really want them around so I stopped contacting them, same with my family
I know it isn't normal, I don't know why I am this way, I don't think I should change, I can't see how other people could enrich my life, is a life of completion isolation viable? Will I go insane if I keep like this?
>>
>>18680372
TlDr
I'm alone all the time, this has always been the case, I no longer want any people around and live in extreme isolation
>>
Sometimes I have the same thoughts.

But even though I'm lonely and feel comfortable alone, I know for a fact that it will damage you. Your life will shorten, and it may become miserable. Do not live life alone, please. Dont stop socializing just because you wont get out of your comfort zone. You're a human being, you're not a fucking robot.
>>
I don't see the problem. You're happy, right?
>>
>>18680506
It wasn't my choice in the first place,. This is how life has always been for me
I can't connect with people anymore, it feels like we live in different worlds
>>18680510
No but the fact that I'm alone doesn't bother me
>>
>>18680517
If you're not happy, and consider this a big enough problem to bring up here, then it sounds like it actually does bother you.

I'll give you an example. I'm like you in the sense that I don't really bother connecting with people, live in isolation, etc. But the difference is I'm perfectly happy, don't feel a need to change, and don't go on /adv/ asking if it's a problem. Perhaps you should consider that you're not being entirely truthful, either to us or yourself or both.
>>
>>18680517
Have you ever considered why you've lived like this and tried fixing the issue? I think you have serious self limiting beliefs about yourself that prevent you from communicating.
>>
>>18680528
It used to bother me a lot, to the point I couldn't sleep, I was miserable over it and I kept thinking that life wasn't going to be always like this
Now I'm an adult and life is still the same but I don't care, I gave up on people, gave up on trying to find someone that appreciated me, stopped caring what they thought, I mean it didn't make any difference anyways
I really don't care about anyone, I can't even when I try, the few interactions I have with others I have to force myself to pretend I care about them or that it would make a difference if they walked away without a word
Maybe it's the fact that I was pretty much abandoned by my mother, maybe it's because I was abused, maybe it's trauma and I'm not healthy at all
It's the way it is
>>
>>18680545
I don't understand the question, I tried to fix it but ended up with people who liked me and wanted me around as a friend who I didn't care about in the slightest
Maybe I'm narsisistic, you can develop narcissism this way
>>
>>18680562
>Its the way it is
It is something that you can control and fix.
I know you've heard this song and dance, but maybe theres something about the abandonment issue that makes you feel this way? Have you ever sought for therapy of any kind?
>>
>>18680584
Yes but I seem to be incompatible with therapy
Most therapists are just human like you or me, most of them got degrees by learning half truths and pseudo science, why doesn't Psicologp involve more neuronal and bilogical studies?
They can't be that smart anyways, if they where smart then how come it's a field entirely dominated by that kind of people (you know what I'm talking about), they think problems are fixed by talking, they think they can make me sit and talk for an hour a week and that will fix years of shit that are constantly weighting me down, what do they know? How can they help me? Who have they helped? Certainly not me, probably some bored middle aged housewife or something boring like that, someone stupid enough that can't put two and two together who sits there and cries and I know they cry, I have seen the tissues, those tissues aren't for me
Psychology is not good enough
>>
>>18680613
Dats the old shit

The new shit rewires your brain
Don't knock it till you've tried it
>>
>>18680637
>new shit
well, thats entirely different, where do i get my brain rewired? do i ned to bring my own crystals?
>>
>>18680642
Cognitive Behavior Therapy, or CBT is what you want.
>>
>>18680613
I have to disagree, while it does seem that Therapy does nothing to benefit a person, talking can become a powerful tool for the mind, even changing one's perspective. Sometimes it fails for people, either because people fall out of treatment or they are receiving the wrong type of treatment for their illness. I personally believe in a Conservative approach towards medication, as anti-depressants can cause you to feel depressed in the future and anti-anxiety medications dont really fix the root of the issue, it just treats your symptoms. Perhaps what you should seek is CBT therapy and psychoanalysis, specifically Psychodynamic Therapy. The issue at hand is that your unconscious mind could bear something that is unresolved, causing your symptoms (antisocial behavior). I know it sounds like hogwash, but people do come out changed.
>>
>>18680613
I had the exact same viewpoint as you a couple of months ago. I went to a therapist a couple of years ago for a couple of sessions, thought it was useless. Didn't think she was helpful at all. I was forced to go to a different one recently and she's actually helped a lot. I didn't think I'd get anything out of it because I'd already completely given up on myself and some therapist telling me shit I already know isn't going to change anything.

I was wrong and it's actually been immensely useful. I have the same problem as you where I isolate myself completely. You wouldn't have come here at all if you were actually okay with it. In my experience the depression has distorted my perspective badly, and it's been like a thick fog in my head. I felt like I could logically assess that I knew it was affecting my perspective to some extent but it wasn't until I started getting medication and therapy that I began to properly understand how fucked up my mindset was, how fucked up my automatic thought processes were. I'm starting to feel more optimistic and more driven to make real, drastic changes.

I hope you see a therapist and give it a shot anon.
>>
>>18680545
>he likes being alone
>this OBVIOUSLY means it's an issue that he should fix

stupid woman, go back to /soc/ to flash your tits.
>>
>>18680656
I also have to specify, that some trauma in your early stages of life (and such abandonment issues), can manifest into anxiety and depression in adult life.

Unfortunately, some people do not seek the the correct treatment. And end up stuck with their symptom for the majority of their lives. But you dont have to go that path. Keep a strong healthy mind, then you can change your pattern of thoughts and seek companionship.
>>
>>18680662
>not concerned about living in extreme isolation
>"it's completely normal"
>goes to /adv/ and discusses about his loneliness

Not saying that he should go all out and go to a bar, but perhaps seek at least SOME companionship before it becomes damaging? Too much to ask?
>>
>>18680697
Why take the b8 m8
>>
>>18680653
yeah, cbt doesnt rewire your brain, you have no idea what you are alking about
>>18680656
first of all i dont take medication unless im sick
and second therapy works but for people with real problems one hour a week in a couch isnt enough
therapy cured childred who where sold as slaves to pedophile rings and i cant imagine how horrible that is, its outside my scope because hhow awful it is
but they dodnt just get a fucking hour a week on a couch
>>18680658
i have been to therapy lots of times not just one
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.