[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am deeply in love with an aro/ace woman who happens to be one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 31NUGfRh3uL._SX466_.jpg (13KB, 466x307px) Image search: [Google]
31NUGfRh3uL._SX466_.jpg
13KB, 466x307px
I am deeply in love with an aro/ace woman who happens to be one of my best friends. We hang out all the time and share so many interests and I can't help but be infatuated with her. I haven't been in a romantic or sexual relationship in years because I generally identify as aromantic as well, but this woman is driving me absolutely bonkers.

I can never be with her, or ever tell her how I feel because despite whatever nigh-impossible shot in the dark that she accepts me, it will fuck up our friendship forever.

I understand I will have to live with this forever holding these secret feelings for her, but I think I'll be fine, I just wanted to vent this anonymously without fear of a mutual friend being a dick and ruining everything by telling her.

Does anyone have any sort of advice for me to get over myself already.
>>
>>18680282
Either stop thinking about her romanticly and simply platonic. Or stop cowering from your wants and desires. Go after the things you want in life or die with regret.
>>
File: special snowflake syndrome.jpg (62KB, 480x621px) Image search: [Google]
special snowflake syndrome.jpg
62KB, 480x621px
>>18680282
>aromantic
Sure way buddy. Ask her on date already dingus. Do handholding.
>>
>>18680282
>aro
>ace
>aromantic

What? Stop being a special snowflake and ask her out if you like her.
>>
>>18680282
You could just be honest and tell her how you feel. Don't make a big issue of it - keep it simple, concise, and matter of fact. Tell her that you care and that you want to be open with her, but that your friendship matters more to you and that you're not asking her for anything beyond what's already been established. It's important that she knows you aren't pressuring her for more than she can give. But it also leaves her open to discussing possibilities if she's even remotely interested!

The key thing here is that you need to be able to tell her all of that and mean it. If she doesn't want to get more involved, then you need to be able to take it with grace and carry on as before without any hard feelings. Most women prefer honesty even if the topic is hard to take. So long as the discussion is rational and calm a lot can get dealt with to the betterment of all.
>>
>>18680282
Protip - if you decide to go for it, then ask her to go out for a walk with you in the evening or something. It's surprisingly easier to discuss awkward things while in a neutral setting, without spectators, being able to move and focus on something other than looking straight at the other person.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.