[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I start a new job in a few hours, and I'm very anxious about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I start a new job in a few hours, and I'm very anxious about it. I don't want to show up a shaking mess, of course. So what are some good ways to reduce anxiety before I show up?
>>
I usually feel this way on the way there but once I am there I settle down

So be anxious! You'll settle down soon enough.
>>
>>18679672
I hope so anyway....
Even during the hiring process I was anxious as all hell.
>>
File: Z6bJjF4.gif (46KB, 450x510px) Image search: [Google]
Z6bJjF4.gif
46KB, 450x510px
I still want a little more advice. Please?
>>
>>18679718

don't worry about it

you got the job,the hardest part passed you'll feel better

just get through your first time and you'll be golden, congrats for your new job
>>
File: inout.gif (104KB, 287x311px) Image search: [Google]
inout.gif
104KB, 287x311px
>>18679718
Try breathing exercises and meditation. You're going to be okay, even if it feels like you aren't right now.
https://www.mind.org.uk/need-urgent-help/what-can-i-do-to-help-myself-cope/
https://app.stopbreathethink.org/

If there's anything concretely bothering you and not just nerves, you could talk to us about it or with a friend too.
>>
>>18679720
Oh, thank you!
I never thought I'd get a job as security, so when I actually got it I was really surprised..
I'm hoping the training I get makes me feel better.

>>18679723
This is incredibly helpful! I appreciate the exercises, I'll try them now anon.
I'm gonna be working security. More than anything I'm a little worried about being on my own on-site. Then again, I'm working night shift so I should have figured...
>>
>>18679843

good luck man
>>
>>18679843
>More than anything I'm a little worried about being on my own on-site.
Is it that it scares you then? Maybe you could work on writing a list of your fears and coming up with reasons you feel you shouldn't worry about them- why they're unlikely or you can handle it. Especially doing it while you're calmer and it's easier to think of reasons why they won't come to pass is helpful, and then you can go over the reasons you'll be fine when you're more anxious.
>>
>>18679852
T-thank you! I'll do my best!

>>18679853
I think, after I do my first shift, I'll have a better idea what I should and shouldn't worry about. I will definitely do the list thing after.

My anxiety isn't as bad right now. Words can't describe how much I appreciate the help, /adv/. Off I go.
>>
>>18679672
this. I physically present myself and then its not bad.
I got used to it. Next week I do a whole new thing with my job, but know I will be nervous driving there then be nervous for like 10 minutes tops when I start.

I've been there so many times OP, but somehow you get used to it as long as you dont run away.
I usually dont think anxiously ahead of time anymore, except when I sort of need to to focus when its time.
>>
>>18679863
Good luck Anon, you'll do great!
>>
Keep up a simple weekly check-in with your supervisor, OP. Ask them how you could have improved, what they liked that you can repeat. Also keep a small notebook or a google email chain to yourself where you note down what you did each day or each week. Helps with performance reviews.
>>
>>18679659
when I was teaching, I found it was best to panic and get anxious an hour/half hour beforehand, so that when you had to stand up and perform you could be emotionally numb and just get it done with.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.