[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I into marriage without being so jaded and bitter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 4ec.png (156KB, 680x614px) Image search: [Google]
4ec.png
156KB, 680x614px
How can I into marriage without being so jaded and bitter?

To preface, I'm a male, and I would probably only enter into a marriage if I though I was going to get children out of it. Even then I would be apprehensive, since I don't want said children to be caught in the crossfire of divorce. Plain and simple, I wouldn't trust my partner to not take advantage of me for my resources in the future. This is hardly a male/female thing, but it applies to women here since I'm straight. I've thought about a prenup, though they seem incredibly flimsy in court and likely wouldn't help that much anyway since they only apply to my personal wealth before marriage.

I just want a family so bad /adv/. I want to give my future children the best chance I can, but the outlook is so bleak since marriages in the west have a statistical likelihood to fail. I don't think it's achievable without spirituality, which is something I don't subscribe to. Whenever I think about the subject I flip flop between burning hot rage and crushing sadness.
>>
woman here and i feel the same. not for the same reasons i guess though.
but anyway yeah
fuck marriage
>>
sort of related to op's thread: what are the actual government financial incentives for married couples like? Save for these is there any reason not to just do a religious ceremony and raise children as if you were legally married?
>>
>>18678978
I'm op, there are tax breaks but nothing major as far as I know. Marriage is more about accountability that anything, a legal contract to raise a family if you do have one. In the past, nobody really married just to marry, you did it to foster a secure family structure.
>>
>>18678967
I like marriage, it's just the union has become incredibly weak and is skewed with double standards.
>>
>>18678936
Do you even have a girl whom you could marry and start a family with, or are you just complaining for the sake of complaining?
>>
>>18679058
>t. betacuck
>>
>>18679053
i have no faith in marriage or other people for that matter and it's mostly because of people like you and OP who are planning your divorce proceedings before you've even found a girlfriend
>>
>>18678936
Only you can control how you feel you moron.
>>
Quite simple, don't get married and save your future wife your bitter angst.
>>
>>18679058
I'm only thinking about my future. It's good to have aspirations.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.