[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone familiar with divorce here? Girlfriend's parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1810.jpg (101KB, 432x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1810.jpg
101KB, 432x768px
Anyone familiar with divorce here?

Girlfriend's parents recently got divorced, because wife cheated on the husband. However, the husband is very poor, can hardly afford a lawyer, and, despite having a sugar daddy already lined up that's she canoodling with, the wife is out for blood, trying to seize full custody as well as their house through the fact that 5 years ago he used to slap her around, though hasn't since then.

What can the husband do to improve his chances of not getting screwed over in court?
>>
>>18678804
If he admits to having beaten her there's not much he can do, especially in terms of gaining sympathy from a judge.

Physical abuse is a crime, adultery isn't.
>>
>>18678812
it is in the eyes of God
>>
>>18678812
It should be. in the same vein as breach of contract.
>>
>>18678804

A lot depends on the state that they live in. A lot of states, like mine are "no-fault states". Meaning it doesn't matter what either person did that caused the marriage to end (e.g. infidelity).

There are lots of lawyers that have free phone consultations for fathers. I would advise that he call one of them and discuss his options. Have him also talk with this lawyer about the likelihood that he can recover his lawyer fees. If it is a fault state the chance of having his lawyer fees paid for by the Wife may be a possibility.

Lastly, unless your gf is younger than 12; she has the choice of who she wants to live with.
>>
>>18678812
Sadly this is the truth. At the first mention of physical abuse, all sympathy for the perpetrator goes out the window. Both socially and in the eyes of the law
>>
>>18678844
And the USA is a secular democracy
>>
>>18678859
a breach of a contract is also not a crime. it's a civil offense.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.