[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"You're kinda socially inexperienced" No Im not.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 934876524856.jpg (207KB, 1075x850px) Image search: [Google]
934876524856.jpg
207KB, 1075x850px
"You're kinda socially inexperienced"
No Im not. I go out often and I...
"No need to get defensive."
Im not getting defensive; you're just wrong about me.
"I know you well enough."
You clearly dont. Maybe if you took more interest or followed me on Facebook you would.
"No. I dont want to."

What is it with these people who seem to paint you the wrong way, but refuse to actually know you any better?
>>
>>18677752
It's human nature to attribute our flaws to other people.
>>
File: aqNKQdY_700b.jpg (87KB, 592x774px) Image search: [Google]
aqNKQdY_700b.jpg
87KB, 592x774px
>>18677752
Why do you care?

If they have their head in the sand others will notice. People who's opinion actually matters will see the true you
>>
>>18677752

Its a silly thing to be refuse to rectify the way you view yourself with the way other people view you. Just because you don't interpret your actions a certain way does not mean other people don't interpret you differently.

Also, I'm immediately suspect of these kinds of stories because if this were really an isolated experience then people who refused to get to know you better wouldn't be an issue for you. If this is a problem you constantly run in to then logic would dictate that the common denominator is you.
>>
>>18677758
Admittedly this is the second occasion when this has happened to me in my entire life.
First time was a co-worker who thought I was a snob, while he was an elitist asshole.
This occasion is an acquaintance who lectures me on being social while being an introverted hermit himself.
>>
>>18677752
You got defensive with your first reply, and sound near-violent by the end.

The right reply is "What is it about me that gives you that impression? I'd like to change it."

You might actually learn something about how you come across to others.
>>
>>18678030
What if I am happy with myself as I am and I don't want to change?
>>
>>18677752
They place you into categories that they feel easily defines you. It makes them feel better about themselves to pidgin hole people. Fuck the cunts anon, you know yourself.
>>
>>18678030
>"What is it about me that gives you that impression? I'd like to change it."
First part yes. Second part no.
A person shouldn't have to deal being called "defensive" when they are trying to correct a clearly misinformed individual.
>>
>>18677752
>No need to get defensive

That's when you just walk away.
You can't logic stupid, stupid.
>>
The thing happening here is that they have a certain impression of you, that's based on things they pick up on. They get the vibe that you are self-conscious and awkward from how you carry yourself, or the way you react to things makes them think that you are not that socially adjusted.
This impression isn't made undone because you are not literally inexperienced. Basically, your truth and their truth can contradict one another. Perhaps you have had lots of social interaction but you are still rough around the edges. Perhaps you fit in perfectly in your social clique and they are not used to your demeanor and find it off. You name it. But the essence is that their impression is based on things to do with you and those aren't instantly wiped out by anything you can tell them.

Think of it likes this. Imagine you saw a girl attentionwhoring with skimpy pictures on facebook and you thought she was a slut. If you later found out she's a virgin then you wouldn't suddenly think she's this pristine wholesome girl - because it doesn't change that what she did was tacky, regardless of how her overall life looks.
>>
>>18678466
>But the essence is that their impression is based on things to do with you and those aren't instantly wiped out by anything you can tell them.
The problem however is that the other person is refusing to acknowledge any evidence that their impression is wrong. Rather to close their ears and "be in the right" than to be proved wrong.
>>
>>18678476
To be fair I don't know 100% what is going on inside the heads of the people OP talks about. But to me "socially inexperienced" sounds like a veiled way of saying that they experience OP as awkward, tactless, slightly autistic or whatever else to deal with. And that experience itself isn't less true even if OP turned out to have a much wilder social life than that person. Sure it might give them pause, but the things that caused them to conclude this still happened.

It is fairly obnoxious to just present people with your impression of them and shrug off whatever they have to say in return. But that OP has sides or skills they wouldn't have expected doesn't negate their observations.
>>
>>18677752
thats most people. I find that saying "ok" then walking away, works. You dont get invested in the argument, and they dont feel challenged.
>>
>>18678319
then stop making threads bitching about it
>>
>>18680021
I think you're angry because you're one of the guys OP is talking about.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.