[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a more active social life? I have two friends, one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1504201046101.jpg (56KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1504201046101.jpg
56KB, 500x390px
How do I get a more active social life? I have two friends, one that I've known since 8th grade one since senior year, the one has always been my friend and loyal to me the other one pretty loyal too and has taken me to multiple parties and nights of club hopping and events that I definitely wouldn't have otherwise been able to go to. But how do I expand my social network and get out there and live life more? And how do I enjoy myself and make people like me at the same time?
>>
>>18677298
find a purpose to your existence. don't just make friends for the hell of it. your mom isn't here to take you to playdates, and your friend can't force people to interact with you either.

it sounds like you have two solid friendships and that is very good. if you want to be around more people you should try dating or a hobby or career networking. with a *purpose* to your interactions, making friends will come naturally and be very beneficial.
>>
File: edgy vet smoking a doob.jpg (71KB, 720x887px) Image search: [Google]
edgy vet smoking a doob.jpg
71KB, 720x887px
>tfw made good friends in the military
>tfw did everything together, went out and all that
>tfw they even tried to cure my emotional/social retardation at one point
>tfw out now and they all went back home
>tfw alone again

Weed and lifting has helped me cope with this loneliness but its beginning to eat away at me, I spend weekend nights just sitting on my bed and staring at the wall just getting lost in my own memories. Meanwhile my friends, who were all better adjusted than I am, are getting on with their lives, going to school, getting in relationships/married and they still call or text me every other day to check up on me.

What the fuck is wrong with me, why can't I make friends like the ones I made in the Marines?
>>
>>18677298
You meet people you enjoy spending time with.

Spend less time online honestly
>>
>>18677347
Stop clinging to the past. You have to move on at some point, a journal of my memories with old friends help cherish the past.
>>
>>18677298
Don't look for friends. Look for activities.

Join a club. Join a gym. Tske a class. Do volunteer work. You'll be among people doing the same thing, so you'll start with something in common.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.