[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a femanon (27) who has two younger brothers 26 and 19.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: eat leaf.gif (1MB, 358x268px) Image search: [Google]
eat leaf.gif
1MB, 358x268px
I'm a femanon (27) who has two younger brothers 26 and 19. I found out pretty recently that the both of them are going to be getting married by the end of next year, and I'm having an existential crisis.

I want to be happy for them, but we've drifted apart and aren't all that close. I don't really know who their fiancees are and I had to find out through my mom.

On top of that, it's starting to hit me that I'm a kissless, dateless virgin and I'm worried that part of my issue is jealousy. I was always the one who had her shit together in the family, never mooched off Mom and moved out of the house as soon as I turned 18. I really would love to be a wife and a mother one day, but I'm starting to get scared. I think my daddy issues are really starting to catch up to me. Even if I do start a relationship with a guy, I fear that he would think that something was wrong with me.

I'm not sure robots, what are your thought?
>>
if you're not close, why would do you care that they get married?

go out, meet people.
>>
>>18676292
Even though we're not close, I still care about them. I would be there for them if they needed me. Not sure if they feel the same though.

But as far why I care, it just brought my shit to the fore front. Plus I feel bad that I do feel jealous.

I have attempted to go out and meet people. Made a few friends here and there. But sparking a romantic relationship has been the problem with me. I am absolutely clueless, and I think I become overenthusiastic when someone I'm attracted to is attracted to me. I come off as thirsty when really I'm just a sperg.
>>
>>18676284

what career path did you take?
>>
>>18676363
Military. Navy to be precise
>>
>>18676284
24 year virgin male here, kissed a girl and got a blow job once but never so much as gone on a date with a grill.

It's ok op, other people have lost all hope too, we're gonna make it.
>>
>>18676284
>self-describes as a 27 year old dateless, kissless virgin, with daddy issues who is having an existential crisis because family members that she isn't even close to are about to be happily married
>"I fear that he would think that something was wrong with me."

He probably will.

You're a woman, so lucky for you your sperg qualities will be treated as more endearing than if you were in the exact same boat as a 27 y.o. man.

Bottom line, you need to start dating and develop some social/relationship/sexual experience if you're at all serious about meeting someone and not being alone the rest of your life. Like...now. Because again, you're a woman, and the harsh truth is that your desirability on the dating market will be on its last legs a lot sooner than you think.

Get out there, OP. Before it's too late.
>>
>>18676368

ok so youre likely at least somewhat physically composed.

are you suffering from any specific thing that affects your attractiveness?
>>
>>18676373
I still have hope. And (thinking out loud) even if I don't end up in a relationship, I think I still have to deal with the issues that are getting in my way. Jealousy is a toxic thing for the soul/mind to dwell on. I don't want that screwing me up inside.
>>
File: lower standards.jpg (150KB, 777x767px) Image search: [Google]
lower standards.jpg
150KB, 777x767px
>>18676284
1. Make sure you look like girly girl. If somebody looks at you and isnt sure if you are female, you got serious /fa and /fit problems to solve first.

2. Be approachable. Social events, online dating, go to things alone, smile at people, talk with them, or say fuck it, locate awkward cute lanklet and basically hunt him down.

3. Go to actual dates with boys. Good luck?

>>18676368
>navy
Wtf. What level of soldier you are? That one who shoots bad guys? Army is anything but family oriented career.
>>
>>18676397
I do have some acne scars. But I have been on a medication that has been reducing their appearance.
>>
>>18676395
I know I'm past my Christmas Cake expiration. I have this lingering thought that these qualities are symptoms of unresolved emotional baggage. I'm not going to be perfect, but I don't want to put that on a potential husband.
>>
>>18676284
An KHV female doesn't have near the social stigma of a man in similar circumstances. As a single 28 year old dude whose dating pool is about half single mothers, I would love a date with a nice inexperienced virgin any day.
>>
>>18676415
Everyone has emotional baggage. Some people are more prepared to handle certain kinds than others. You just have to find someone who fits your crazy, that's all dating is.
>>
>>18676404
1. I got over my tom boy phase around 20 or so and stop chopping my hair off around the same time. I am thick in the hips, but other than that no body issues. I may have to start wearing makeup though...

2. Been working on my bitchy resting face and posture. Have been a lot more outgoing since I dealt with some health issues (local events, walking on the beach)

Also, I'm a tech, so I'm normally around people who are just as awkward as I am. Yet they still find relationships.
>>
>>18676415

where do you live, maybe someone here can be your boyfriend and teach you how to be a girlfriend. You dont have to worry about sperging out and scaring them of they know what's up on the first place.
>>
>>18676415
See a therapist and start dating. It's really important to be getting a combination of both theory/discourse/professional help and practice to get past intimacy issues.
>>
>>18676404
>Navy
>Soldier
Jesus Christ
>>
File: master chief.jpg (31KB, 640x377px) Image search: [Google]
master chief.jpg
31KB, 640x377px
>>18676441
IKR
>>
>>18676431
You didnt get the idea femanon. Makeup or cheerful face wont summon husband out from thin air on your military base. What you actually need to do is to GO FUCKING OUTSIDE like on social events or tinder.

And consider hitting on boys yourself. It can work.

>>18676441
>>18676448
Sorry for not being /k faggot.
>>
>>18676284
>daddy issues
Shit excuse
>>
>>18676440
Therapy has actually helped me with my stress issues. Mindfulness plus finding a physiological issue has been a huge help.

I have asked coworkers before to set me up on a blind date. But they forget or perhaps don't give a fuck. They have their own life after all.
>>
File: a_sweet_death.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
a_sweet_death.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>18676423
>>18676403
Where do inexperienced guys go to meet khv grills?
>>
>>18676457
Have been getting better with social events. I have joined local hobby groups and go to events. Seems a most of the people I meet there are married or in a relationship though.
>>
>>18676478
It's literally a numbers game. You just have to meet people until you find the right one that you get along with and want to be around for extended periods of time who also isn't involved with someone else. I have no better answers, I'm a single dude with as much luck as you dating right now. Keep trying.
>>
>>18676395
>>18676485
/thread
>>
>>18676478
You most likely need social events you hate. The more you will hate it, the bigger chance you will encounter single boys. And try online dating. It is pretty fool proof to a certain point. Also consider dating younger boys like 21+.
>>
OP here. Thinking out loud. This is what I'm thinking.

>>18676489
>I may be getting better socially, but I have to push myself further. I'll try other things (music festivals for example) that may not be in my lane.
>Be mindful of over excited tendencies
>Don't expect the right catch the first time. I do have issues with high expectations.
>>
File: tl 1.png (38KB, 348x468px) Image search: [Google]
tl 1.png
38KB, 348x468px
>>18676470
I haven't the slightest idea.
>>
>>18676500
Expectation is the mother of disapointment
>>
>>18676512
One of those things I have learned the hard way.
>>
File: 1484524420776.jpg (49KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1484524420776.jpg
49KB, 402x604px
>>18676511
My only guess is the internet, but you know how that goes.
>>
>>18676500
>I may be getting better socially, but I have to push myself further. I'll try other things (music festivals for example) that may not be in my lane.
This is OK to a point, but do you really like music festivals? Like, REALLY? Because you know what kind of people you meet at music festivals? People that really like fucking music festivals. You can meet people anywhere, but be mindful of what their passions are and find people who are compatible with yours. Hell for all I know you love music festivals.

>Be mindful of over excited tendencies
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I'm sure it's your "sperg" tendencies you've mentioned. This is all right too, but don't try and force yourself to change for other people. Being yourself is the easiest thing in the world, even if you have to dial yourself back in public sometimes.

>Don't expect the right catch the first time. I do have issues with high expectations.
This. I cannot stress this enough. I am exactly like this. It makes online dating hell because the second you have any sort of success you're suddenly coming on too strong and even if they like you they suddenly are just done. I'm sure this carries over to real life depending on how strong you come on. I've gotten better by doing what you're saying, don't expect it to be the end all be all just because it's going well. Keep expectations reasonable. Be open to failure and just keep trying.

If I can do it, so can you.
>>
File: run away.gif (1MB, 231x161px) Image search: [Google]
run away.gif
1MB, 231x161px
>>18676516
Took a shower and this is what I got;

>I really should reconsider the music festival idea, but the point stands that I should inch further out of my comfort zone.

>I should probably wait until the dust settles in my life.
I'll be moving and changing careers soon, so there is a lot going on. I'm not going to stop being social, but I won't make dating a goal until I get my shit together.

I know it's possible, I just need to stop projecting my issues on to others. Thank you robots
>>
I got like halfway through this thread before I figured out the brothers aren't marrying eachother.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.