[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many unfortunate events happen to me everyday? Is luck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 1484268821099.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1484268821099.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
Why do so many unfortunate events happen to me everyday? Is luck an actual thing, or am I just depressed? Or both? It's always something out my control and I've lost the will to see anything go in my advantage anymore, no matter how much effort I put into it.
>>
File: anti suicide gf.png (11KB, 401x402px) Image search: [Google]
anti suicide gf.png
11KB, 401x402px
>>18676263
Just bee yourself.
>>
>>18676279
:(
>>
>>18676295
If you want just to talk with somebody, try being more talkative. Discord?
>>
>>18676302
Talking to people takes a lot of energy out of me and I'm dead tired right now. I have been trying and I feel like I'm just annoying and not welcome. I can't find people who want to hang out with me like everyone else on campus does. I feel like a friend you'll wave to and have a short conversation with, and then part ways
>>
File: mommy figure 3.jpg (72KB, 960x1763px) Image search: [Google]
mommy figure 3.jpg
72KB, 960x1763px
>>18676315
Then what do you think this thread of yours will achieve?
>>
File: jJznoYO.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
jJznoYO.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>18676330
Insight from those with similar experiences
>>
>>18676263
>many unfortunate events happen to me everyday´
ellaborate on that anon. We can't help you unless you give us concise info about your problem.´
I don't see how "bad things" happeninig are an indication of depression. I've experienced beautiful sunsets and was still depressed to the near point of not wanting to live.
>>
File: 1123777893.jpg (208KB, 804x725px) Image search: [Google]
1123777893.jpg
208KB, 804x725px
>>18676429
I can tell you my day today at least. I woke up and went to get breakfast, and some literally took the last pancakes that were to be made that morning so I had to make my own breakfast. I went to the gym like I normally do and I just felt like everyone was looking at me for some reason, since I finished my routine and still had time to spend so i was walking around confused. I went to class and fantasied about dating the girl next to me since she may have been checking me out, so that got me sad. I then went to dinner and just happened to turn around and see the smiling face of my crush, who rejected me last year by not replying to my date question. I ate quickly and went home. I got a banana, opened it, and it fell onto the floor. I just feel dead inside
>>
>>18676475
>had to make breakfast
>being paranoid at the gym
>tfw no gf
>see bitch
>banana hates me
I think you might be depressed or at least extremely pessimistic if you think so bad about that day. Worse shit happens to me on a daily basis. I'd recommend a therapist since they'll be able to help you more than I.
>>
>>18676491
The school actually forced me to go to one since my GPA went below 2.0. I'm afraid to say things because I might be kicked out and everything I say is recorded on video
>>
>>18676495
If you don't say anything to them then they can't help you. What are they gonna kick you out for? Being pessimistic?
>>
>>18676524
I guess that's a good point, it just makes me uncomfortable knowing someone knows all my secrets and there's documented evidence of my shitty life
>>
>>18676475

a lot of people have completely normal shit happen and act like its a big deal when its not

>i had to make breakfast
>i 'felt like' people were watching me
>i didnt ask out a girl who checked me out
>i got rejected a year ago
>my banana fell

you sound retarded
>>
>>18676533
If you don't help them help you then that's that. What are they gonna do with the footage? Show it to everyone so they can laugh at you? Cmon be reasonable.
>>
>>18676539
Fuck off it was just an example of my day, I can tell you what it's like to go day after day of rejection, no social contact, and anxiety if you want
>>18676563
I am being irrational. I really don't want to be irrational but my emotions are just taking control of everything and making me an anxious retard
>>
>>18676263
maybe the things that happen to you aren't unfortunate, you're just looking at them with a jaundiced view of life.

Maybe the shit that happens to you, also happens to everyone else, but we've all learned how to deal with everyday life, while you're a sad little mentally crippled weird who's never learned to adapt.
>>
>>18676599
Did this post make you feel better about yourself? I hope it did
>>
>>18676599
so, how to adapt?
>>
>>18676263
You see anon, you are one of the chosen few.
>>
>>18676636
I fukin knew it, those whores just rejected me because they knew I was above them
>>
>>18676630
start learning how to overcome the things you run across, rather than feeling helpless. Learn how to take control of these situations, even turn them to your advantage.

in short, stop being a spectating victim, and rather a participant in your own life. If things that happen that you don't like, then make them stop happening, or turn them into something desirable.

Ask yourself dumb questions, what happened that you didn't like? What can you do about it? Then actually do something.
>>
>>18676653
time 2 change my life
>>
>>18676653
>start learning how to overcome the things you run across, rather than feeling helpless. Learn how to take control of these situations, even turn them to your advantage.

We need to go deeper.
I am now at my low of the lowest point where I even can't pick myself up and count the losses. I feel helpless, I react emotionally to even the slightest obstacles. I don't know from where to start, what to observe, what to change first. I just feel clueless and frankly I'm mentally lost at the moment to the level that this is starting to affect my professional career.
>>
>>18676670

Then ask yourself what's bothering you the most at this very moment. What can YOU do about it to change the situation.

Then if you resolve that, move on to the next thing.
>>
File: We hockey now.jpg (94KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
We hockey now.jpg
94KB, 600x400px
>>18676330
>>
>>18676673
What if what's bothering me is my failure to get a gf, despite improving myself in so many ways? It haunts me day after day, and I see no solution since I tried literally everything I could think of
>>
>>18676673
Currently?

Well I think I have problems with emotional intelligence, hence, there lies my problem with overreacting and over analyzing everything.

How to change it, have no clues.
>>
>>18676681

I'd doubt that you're being truthful with yourself, but if it's true, then so fucking what? A women isn't going to solve all of your problems. If one come along, cool, if not then fuck it, don't dwell on it like a queeb. Go live your fucking life. You know how much awesome shit there is out there?

Take it from a guy who's had gfs, they can be kind of a drag after a while.
>>
>>18676681
GF is just a tip of the iceberg.
There's a underlying issue that needs to be pinpointed, but it's probably something around confidence, financial stability and overall "where do you see yourself in X years"
>>
>>18676686
life's not that fucking complex. Find out what you want, work towards it. Even if you don't get it, you won't regret the work.
>>
Same shit dude, same shit
>>
>>18676689
It's something I've never had though, once, and it bugs me. I just lift, study, and sleep. I have no one to confide in, to hug, or to just be around so I am not by myself. My life is just a drag of the same events over and over again, and I cannot change it.
>>
>>18676701
what makes you think a gf is going to be any of that?

Most people feel even more alone when they're with someone else. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Also if you present yourself to women in this manner, the sorry hearbroken little sensitive queeb just waiting for someone to give him a chance, it's no wonder why you're not scoring any puss.

I honestly wouldn't even worry about it.
>>
>>18676697
What to do when you have toxic coworkers that lie and spread rumors to discredit your work and they're succeeding in their evil plot and you can't do anything about that cause one of them is your boss and wants to push out on (ME) to push in another one (his ally) on my position.

Unfortunately, I currently can't document my ass, so that option is not on point.
>>
>>18676707
I don't act like a sorry sourpuss in public, just in my room. I put on a positive facade in public, and it's draining
>>
>>18676717
well it's probably also obvious to everyone. The key is you don't have to pretend to be anything, just seriously act like yourself. People much prefer genuine assholes to fake super positive types.

>>18676716
Well let them then, screw them, let them have your job if that's what they want. A place that allows this type of shit probably isn't any place you want to be in the first place, as evidenced by how miserable you are.
>>
>>18676730
My normal self is quiet and reserved though. I had no friends in school because I kept to myself and did my own thing. It made me miserable, I wanted to be an extrovert but I just felt like a bother to everyone
>>
>>18676737
you're not going to force yourself into being an extrovert. There's plenty of introverts leading good lives, accept yourself and work with your strengths rather than against it.
>>
>>18676741
How can I do that when I have no around me who wants me though? I constantly hear friends talking outside my room, or my quad mate's gf giggling through the walls. It's apparent to me that I am unwanted since no one contacts me
>>
>>18676752
>How can I do that when I have no around me who wants me though?

then fucking go FIND people. Haven't I already mentioned something about identifying your problems and then actually doing something about it?

don't wait for faggots to contact you, go make your own goddamn friends and a life. Once against, stop being the spectating victim, and actually grab the goddamn wheel and do something about it.

Nobody is going to hand you anything in life, you have to make everything you have.
>>
>>18676764
Making friends is easier said than done
>>
>>18676769
How would you know? Doesn't seem like you've ever tried.
>>
>>18676263
Do you have self-esteem problems ?
If yes, it may be a thing to work on.

Do you take care of yourself everyday ? (eat well, sleep well, go have a walk outside, ect...)
If no, just do it.

Also, learn acceptation. Like just accept that bad things happen, and it does not matter, especially if it minor things.

Try to find pleasure in everyday things : the warmth of your bed, your love to whatever activity you like, the taste of your favorite meal, the smile of a random stranger, that cool dream you just had, the calmess of the wind go throught the branches of a tree...

Look up meditation.

If you dont like your therapist, change therapist.

Oh, and stop listening to sad music if you do. It makes you sad.

I hope it helps.
>>
>>18676777
Fuck off troll
>>18676781
Yeah, I recently started taking care of myself and it helped tons, but not the whole way obviously. How can I learn to accept things without brooding over them and getting upset? That might be my biggest issue
>>
>>18676794
>How can I learn to accept things without brooding over them and getting upset

go live your fucking life. It's possible you won't get your gay little gf, or friends, or whatever else you want. That might not be in the cards, who knows? But whatever, go do the things you want to do, achieve the things you want to, go the places you want to, whatever and don't worry about the shit so much.
>>
>>18676475
None of this is luck based except seeing your crush at that restaurant which may only be partially luck.

>didnt get a pancake
Literally the early bird gets the worm
>felt like everyone was looking at you in the gym
Nobody even noticed you. This shit is all in your head or they where looking at you because you keep glancing around at everyone. You are the one looking at others.
>walking around confused
I don't even
>got sad because you are lonely
Welcome to the club, but that is brought on by yourself. Go listen to Mel Torme if you want to feel really depressed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCXtaCKAUAg
>seeing your crush at dinner.
This can be luck but if you narrow down the possible locations of where to get dinner you will probably see its not that long for a stretch to bump into someone your age there. By the way you said she didn't reply to your date question I am going to assume you did it over text. Do it in person next time.
>dropped your banana
Hold it better next time

Stop thinking the universe is out to get you. You could have avoided all of these issues on your own.
>>
>>18676856
Yeah I'm being retarded. I'm going to be a new person starting tomorrow
>>
>>18676781
Just accept what you cant control.
Like just do it.
It is much like jumping to cold water.
Or taking a deep breath and saying to yourself ("okay, I fully accept this situation.") and actually believing it.
Start with easy things if is difficult.

Also, know that being upset is useless. But you can still you accept your feelings.

Now that you have accepted a situation, make the best out of it.
>>
Shit, wrong pairing.
>>18676794
see
>>18676904
>>
The reason people like Bill Gates have "good luck" is because they put themselves in positions where they will have good luck.

Also you're probably depressed.
>>
>>18676856
>Mel Tormé
For some reason I find his music to be surprisingly calming instead of depressing.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.