[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I called my girlfriend a "cunt" and now she won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1428026979472.jpg (41KB, 550x734px) Image search: [Google]
1428026979472.jpg
41KB, 550x734px
I called my girlfriend a "cunt" and now she won't speak to me. It was in the heat of an intense argument and I just called her that. she looked shocked and kind of sad but honestly she was being one

femanons, how bad is it if you get called a cunt? how would you respond? do you think my girlfriend's reaction is reasonable?
>>
>no context

Impossible to give good advice
>>
Cunt is a really serious and grave insult in some places, including the US. She's probably hurt and offended. It's your turn to apologize for calling her that. That doesn't mean you've lost whatever you were arguing about, but resorting to deeply hurtful insults just makes communication harder.
>>
>>18675864
Its the nigger of females if you live in north america.
>>
This is an american thing I take it, my girlfriend called me a cunt this morning cause I made her a cup of tea in bed hahaha tell her to grow up and that youre sorry hahaha

"Sorry for me being a cunt for calling you a cunt, cunt." hahaha try that she might laugh
>>
No backstory so nobody has an idea of what to make out of this reaction.
For me, it does not matter what people say to me since I'm not one of those easily butthurt "serious and competent" tards, I decide my response based on the context and circumstance.

So either she's one of those people that can't stand the word "cunt" because "it's offensive", if so then consider a breakup, brainlets like these should not have the right to reproduce.

..or you've fucked it up badly and called her a cunt when you really shouldn't. Apologize.
>>
There's never a situation where you need to call someone a cunt. And the fact that you're not explaining says a lot.
>>
Read somewhere online,
Every woman should have a vaginal yeast infection at least once in their lives...so that they also know what it is like to live with an irritating cunt!
>>
>>18675901
>the fact that you're not explaining says a lot

You're right anon.

OP consider apologizing, but if she truly was in the wrong right there and behaving like malicious shit then don't.
>>
What was the argument about?

From my own perspective, I avoid "intense arguments" aka fighting. I respond to stress by getting really quiet and careful with my words, so "heat of the moment" doesn't resonate with me.
If something has riled me up the point that I'm actually engaging in a fight, being called "cunt" might make me realize how far the conversation had gone. Serious name calling doesn't solve anything. It's not a request, it's not a critique, it's not constructive. I'm highly against it. So name calling would make me realize that the conversation was not going anywhere. I would be disappointed in my boyfriend, and probably disappointed in myself for letting the conversation escalate.
>>
>>18675878
yeah cunt is super offensive in some parts of america. that's your nuclear bomb of an insult to a female.
>>
>>18675901
what about when youre in australia?
>>
>>18675878
It depends on the tone.
My boyfriend and I call each other "cunt" 24/7, but we do it jokingly and affectionately.

When we argue, tho, we never insult each other. It'd be kinda sad if he called me a cunt and actually meant it.
>>
>>18675966
That's the right mindset.
>>
Kys, you absolute beta, just kys
>>
21 yr old female here
If my boyfriend called me a cunt, I'd be legitimately hurt. Why? Because even when we fight we don't call each other names. IMO it doesn't matter what it's about, name calling has never made any situation like that better. It's like being called a jackass and being expected to sit there like "oh right I am being one!"
doesn't work like that, it's just mean
>>
>>18676184
>it's just mean
No.

You are being butthurt about it. It is mean only if it's meant seriously and used inappropriately, like during an argument.
>>
>>18675901
What a pussywhipped little bitch you are.
>>
>>18676184
This, I've never called anyone names in an argument, it's pathetic, if your arguments are that intense then just fucking break up.
>>
>>18676184
>MO it doesn't matter what it's about, name calling has never made any situation like that better.
Do you really think objectively and neutrally at the height of an emotional quarrel with someone, about what makes a situation "better"? No you dont. If someone calls you a cunt in that kind of situation, it is only your selfishness, lack of empathy and understanding of human condition that would cause you to feel hurt, otherwise you would understand why it was said and move the fuck on with your life.
>>
>>18676217
I think if you are in a relationship where you don't use insults in a joking manner it's pretty bad either way
>>
File: leo.jpg (38KB, 736x548px) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
38KB, 736x548px
You should tell us what you were arguing about since you feel so justified in your comment, OP.
>>
Give her a couple days to cool down, then apologize for calling her a cunt. But don't let her off the hook and talk about what/why you got driven to the point you felt like you had to call her that.
>>
>>18675878
Yah in America calling her that would be the same as calling her a stupid fucking bitch in a very mean way. It's not used the same way as it is in England or Europe here.
>>
>>18675864
Maybe she shouldn't act like a cunt
>>
>>18676252
>If someone calls you a cunt in that kind of situation, it is only your selfishness, lack of empathy and understanding of human condition that would cause you to feel hurt
I'm not mad at you, Anon, just disappointed.
>>
Reasons why your gf could be upset at you calling her a cunt:

>it's highly disrespectful & immature behavior
>it's emotionally insensitive
>she's disappointed by your actions

And/or you clearly overreacted like some other anons have said and she's debating whether she wants to continue dating a child.
>>
As a femanon, her actions seem reasonable. Could you pretend everything was okay if the person you loved insulted your character? Come the fuck on.
>>
>>18675864
Some women use it on each other. Some of them think it's the female equivalent of the n-word. In Australia it's how you call your friends when you want them to come over.

Getting offended by words is dumb, but if it upsets her so much it's probably easier just not to call her a cunt anymore.
>>
Better than hitting her, she needs to grow up and get over it. If she was being a massive bitch wait for her to realize what she has done and come apologize to you.
>>
>>18676549
>implying OP isn't the emotionally disturbed one who instigated the fight
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.