[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to love reading. That was a long time ago. Now, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: blurred_text-300x225[1].jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
blurred_text-300x225[1].jpg
9KB, 300x225px
I used to love reading. That was a long time ago.
Now, I'm in a position where I have to do a huge amount of reading, and remember what I read. There are two huge problems here.
>'Spacing out' when reading, suddenly just looking at the whole page or skipping sections
>Even when successfully focusing on reading, cannot remember majority of what I read.

Not stupid, no idea what is wrong. Any recommendations?
>>
>>18675490
Sounds like you are reading something you dont enjoy at all or you need to go see doctor.
>>>/lit/
>>
If you are required to read it, try skimming. Instead of trying to remember everything, aim to read the first and last sentence of each paragraph, and sentences with key words in then. Then, when you reach the end of each chapter, write a summary. Five to ten bullet points of key info. Engaging with the text in this way helps with returned and focus.

Also, take a break every hour or so to walk around and think about something else for ten minutes.
>>
>>18675605
I am reading some things I don't enjoy at all, but this still happens even when it's stuff I actually want to read.
Already medicated though.
>>>/lit/9962500/

>>18675622
I'll give that a shot. Already skimming accidentally, might as well use the extra time to write some stuff down.
>>
>>18675634
>medicated
Try reading about side effect of what you are using and see if that causes your trouble. Then maybe see your doc and try something else.
>>
>>18675645
>Anti-Anxiety Meds
>Adderall
I'll take your advice and bring it up, but this was one of the problems we were supposed to stop.
>>
File: fidget.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fidget.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>18675661
Addreall wont solve your adhd. Nothing will. Your only chance is to find some coping mechanism. Same with anxiety. Pharmacy companies dont want to cure you, but to sell you these pills for the rest of your life.

Stay safe!
>>
>>18675701
Have that exact thing. Honestly does help me focus on something else I might be doing. Don't know why, but it works.
The anxiety I would argue with you though. I used to have panic attacks pretty regularly, to the point where I would storm throw a house bouncing against walls trying to stop, punched hole in walls, etc. You just stop thinking and try and escape.
Anti-anxiety meds definitely got that under control. I can even think about things that used to send me off the wall before, and kind of bring myself 'back' from having a problem. Never possible before.
>>
>>18675720
Well i hope your psycholog has some long term plan how to get you used to being in your anxiety inducing situations without meds.
>>
Are you following along the words with your finger?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.