[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've realised I'm a piece of shit and don't really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 13MW2.jpg (833KB, 3114x2895px) Image search: [Google]
13MW2.jpg
833KB, 3114x2895px
I've realised I'm a piece of shit and don't really know how to fix it. Thanks horrible insight!

Basically I hate on people who are nice, who are 'into' things, who have normal hobbies and interests etc because I think I must be awesome or above others or something, like my whole self esteem is built upon this unnecessary superiority complex which isolates me.

This manifests itself as me not really being into anything (being into things is stupid) caring about things (caring about things is stupid) and I guess I'm just miserable and depressed and fed up with being miserable and depressed.

The older I get the more I can see that this attitude is closing me off in life and limiting my options and I either double down and go full on pissed off old fuck who doesn't give a shit mode in later life or remain in this limbo of self loathing. Why am I so fucking nihilistic? Why am I so judgemental?

I do actually like certain people a lot, just there are so few of them and I can't spend all my time with them so I'm forced to interact with people who fill me with fucking nausea. Thing is I don't always have anything better to do and at least these people seem happy, better adjusted and are dealing with the burden of existence is a much more constructive way.

Also I'm kind of terrified that my girlfriend will eventually realise I'm horrendous and leave me as she is the link and softener to much of the normal world, forcing me to interact with people in a way which doesn't shame her and also ruin her life, but every other girl has eventually gotten sick of my self depreciating, ass hole cynical hate for almost everything.

Except I'm really quite a cheerful guy, I just think nearly everything and everybody is subjectively worthless and I fully accept that my opinion on that topic is just as subjectively worthless.
>>
Your entire generation consists of people who hate themselves but also think of themselves as superior to everyone else for no discernible reason.
>>
at least you have a gf beside the joke( whih is ssad truth for me ) you just need to be more social with finding real friends.
>>
>>18675448

Do things that make you feel good. Stop focusing so much on what makes you miserable. It's fine to feel bad every once in a while, but you should also feel good every once in a while.
>>
>>18675448
Stop filling yourself with hate. Hating anyone or anything is like drinking poison and expecting someone/thing else to die. Accept that everyone is different and likes different things and there's nothing wrong with that. Perhaps you don't feel like you're above others, but you actually feel like you're below them and hate on them for having what appears to be a happier or more fulfilling life.

The easiest solution is to focus on yourself and find what makes you happy, rather than dismissing everything before you try it by saying it's stupid.
>>
>>18675453
If I'm going to generalise I can't see any generation beyond the apathy induced after world war 1 as having a different attitude. Sure, individuals exist and possess different personalities, though often only during certain periods of time, but if we are to generalise?

People generally think they are great without qualifying reason. Maybe people were even worse prior to world war 1, but we just got better at recording it. Maybe the 'horrors of war' forced us to start to recoil from the usual brutal attitudes and behaviour of average Joe.

Today a colleague described an interesting talk he'd attended as part of a club. They meet once a week to hear a guest speaker. After I finished ranting at him that if my life ever became so boring as to find myself seeking out an actual club for shit like that just to get out of the house and stop the screaming madness of four walls I'd just end it there, or at least try and encourage the group on some suicidal quest or mission because really at that point what is there worth living for I realised this is why I'm an ass hole, this is what I need to stop doing (being judgemental) and actually, here I am shit posting on the internet (my life isn't that interesting in comparison).
>>
>>18675448
Everyone is a piece of shit sometimes. No exception.

Realising this and awareness of it is a sign youre better than most, id say.

Self honesty is an unbelievably valuable power to not being such a piece of shit.

No advice needed. Your self awareness will improve you all on its own.

The last thing you should do is dwell on it and accept yourself as such. Just be better. I have all the faith in the world you are capable.
>>
>>18675466
Finding a normal girlfriend is not very difficult. They are a lot like us, worry about things, get bored, lonely, concerned about being rejected. Just talk to them and make an effort to hang out. The only issue is if your life is boring and shit and contains no room for another person in which case a girl is very unlikely to want to be part of it. Also ignore me if you are talking 10/10 up in the club etc which I have no experience of what so ever, though as far as I can tell they are just trying to have a fun life whatever that means while they are at the age to do so. Options, they have them and experiences they want them.

>>18675472
Except what I often want to do is be anti social and shit on any attempts to do something sociable. I'm going to struggle because most things that most people suggest are going to have me scoffing and being 2edgy4u. I know I'm putting up barriers, I think the next anon has a point.

>>18675481
I think a lot of it must be insecurity. Negative motivation, putting down others to make myself feel better for whatever reason I feel the need to do that for. I guess because my life isn't so interesting and isn't panning out as anticipated and when somebody says something like "I had a great weekend, I took my brother to the supermarket!" I can't help be like shit, is this my actual life? this is not my beautiful house, listening to this? kill me, and fuck them.
>>
>>18675512
>I'm going to struggle because most things that most people suggest are going to have me scoffing and being 2edgy4u.

Why do they have to suggest an activity for you, man? Pick something yourself.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.