[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys accept being alone ? I'm in my mid 20s never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0950.jpg (380KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0950.jpg
380KB, 1334x750px
How do you guys accept being alone ? I'm in my mid 20s never been on a date and no girls ever come my way.

I have a good job and I'm healthy physically.

Mentally though I'm struggling with maniac depression lately. I'll have good things at work and then later in the day just be like fuck in alone. It's to the point where I'm having trouble eating and questioning why I'm even alive while wishing some cancer would just kill me.

I don't think I'll make it to 30 if this keeps up.
>>
>>18675386
Accepting being alone will sink you faster than anything.

Look man, ill be honest with you. Im not going to tell you to lift or better yourself or learn better tricks or tell you what women want. All of that is absolutely useless information imo.

What i will tell you is *you are not psychic*. You dont get to decide your future, you dont get to just tap out, you dont get to say shit all because you dont know.

You have a negative self image and that makes you think its certain these things wont come to you.

I am 30 yeara old, I am an awkward, shy, unkempt dude. I have literally overheard strangers talk about me and say i look like a serial killer. I have adhd and my brain never stops moving. 300km/s at all times. It makes me aloof and unpresent.

I have been accused of being on drugs by several employers when i dont do drugs, and when i got adhd medication at 27, those accusations turned to "well its all those drugs you do"

Why is this relevant? My wife is a 10/10 (i have no need to brag and affirm myself to you on an online anonymous board so take my word). I have had many sexual partners, ranging from fat downsy looking girls to fuckin bombshells.

I have had many partners in very short periods of time, and ive had extremely long dry spells lasting years. I have been taken for a virgin often.

The only correlating factor is *how social im being.* sometimes i go out a lot or put myself in situations where i meet a lot of people. Sometimes i hermit.

What ive learned is everyone interprets you differently, including women, and when you play the odds someone is going to like you.

If you sit behind your computer and mope its a self fulfilling prophecy. If youre meeting people fucking anywhere (competitive sports or fucking dungeons and dragons night at the local comic shop. It seriously doesnt matter.) someone will like you.

Just live day to day, maintain that job, keep learning new things, and keep meeting people. Thats. It.
>>
>>18675386
I need help as well.

I'm 21, been alone for a while, never really bothered me. Couldn't actually get out of my house, had some kind of social anxiety or something.

It got really bad about an year ago, stayed a whole week without going out, almost didn't eat, slept most of the day.
Exactly like you said, I didn't see myself living like that. I couldn't. I was either going to kill myself or change that. I kind of managed to change it for a while.

Lately I was super happy (unhealthy kind of happiness, sometimes I'd even shake and cry), started going out, seeing some girls. Things were so great and I felt so exhilarated I could barely sleep. But then, things started to break down again, of course. Overthinking, shit like that, it was like my head couldn't stop and derailed. Lost the girl, found another one but probably am going to lose her as well since I can only be a bother to other people. Feeling really desperate. Tried to kill myself but didn't have the courage.

I'll try again in the weekend.

So yeah, not really a good solution but just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
>>
>>18675386
>How do you guys accept being alone ?

This is not only about dating, then. How are you on the frineds and family front? Good relationships? Bad relationships?
>>
>>18675436
I have a couple friends and my family is great.
>>
>>18675603

Then you are not "alone", you are "single". I know it sounds petty, but it's a crucial distinction. Romantic relationships are only a part of your life, nothing more.
>>
>>18675386
you probably will make it to 30 but wish you hadn't
>>
I just don't give a fuck. I wasn't in a relationship for 3.5 years after high school and 2.5 of those years I didn't have friends. I didn't let it get to me because doing so wouldn't have changed me in any positive way. Even thinking about speculating what I would if I were lonely sounds exhausting as fuck. More so, maintaining friends is a lot of fucking effort for very little in return.

In the process of not giving a fuck about personal lonliness and just living my life, I made a friend at the end of community college literally because of a coincidence and now we're thick as thieves, but I still think they're just as fucking retarded as my last bestie and just as exhausting to deal with.

It's safe to say I'm an introvert. Even so, I've been in a relationship for 2 years, but that can be almost as exhausting as having friends.
>>
>>18675386
at this point I would just do some wacky shit to start living life again if I were you

sounds better than falling into a depressing rut and dreaming about dying. not much can be worse than that.
>>
>>18675386
I masturbate a lot.
>>
>>18675712
I haven't been on vacation in 5 years I think I was going to start traveling. But I'd be doing it solo most likely.
>>
>>18675386
You can't accept being alone. Humans are social animals.

I used to think that I could accept being alone but I became depressed.
>>
>>18675409

This.
Some solid advice for you anons.
>>
File: 1446181859668.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1446181859668.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>18675411
>>18675603
>>18675704
>>18675722
>tfw I'm worse off than all of you
>>
I'm having a difficult time. I"m pushing 40 I have no friends (a couple of mild acquaintances but we're not close at all). I live with my mother, who's aging badly and my older siblings, neither of whom I'm particularly close with, are both raising families of their own. Me and mom basically resent each other at this point because it seems we're all we've got and I'm stuck in a shit place making barely above minimum wage with no hope of getting out.

I don't know how to talk to people, I can't remember what it's like to actually make friends anymore and while I used to think maybe I was made to be solitary the loneliness is becoming suffocating. I want more but I don't know how to make it happen.

I'm becoming deeply unhappy, I need help and I don't know where to turn to.
>>
It's just become a reality and I can't really stop it. My hobbies are moreso for guys and gals younger than myself. No one is the wiser because they think I'm their age so at least I fit in, but the ladies that are within my age range are either completely taken or have a reason why they're alone.

I think I isolated myself too much and am in a spot beyond being able to recover
>>
30 here. Same background as you. Had a dry spell for ~6 years thinking shit would never get better.

But then it did out of 100% chance. New girl came to work, happened to actually make friends with her (no idea why or how). Met some of her friends during a jam session (my first ever despite having played guitar my whole life), hit it off with one of them and we've been enjoying each other's company for awhile. I'm clueless when it comes to friends vs dating, but I am personally a lot more happy and have much fewer, "fuck everything" days, though of course they are not gone.

stick in there.
>>
>>18675409
This!
>>
>>18675409
>Accepting being alone will sink you faster than anything.
Acceptance is the final step, though. At least it makes the pain go away
>>
>>18676486
Op here just trying to not be depressed.
>>
>>18675409
>that shitty reddit spacing.

Get out.
>>
>>18675386
>i have a good job
>doesnt have a great job
>>
>>18676223
That's the thing, it entirely comes down to happenstance.

Something which has not been kind to me in the past.
>>
>>18675436
Not the same guys above. I have no friends, neet, and my family don't have respect for me. 28 years old.
>>
>>18676969
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity bro.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.