[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I'm going through an identity crisis right now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/

I'm going through an identity crisis right now and would like to hear what you think about it.

Right now I'm 19 years old. Through my entire adolescence I was very lazy and pleasure driven. Because of this, my grades in school got pretty bad and I started involving myself with drugs, especially marijuana.

Either way, I consider myself to be pretty smart, so despite having bad grades, I passed on the admission test of the best university in my country in an humanities course, but ended up leaving because I couldn't bring myself up to pay attention to the classes because I was distracted all the time and was too damn lazy to do other things other than browse 4chan at home, rather than studying.

I started slowing hating myself for this, and decided to quit weed and hanging around with my lazy ass friends. And also, most importantly, decided to try a test for a military college (officer's course, West Point academy in the US), where you are obligated to have discipline. Also you are obligated to stay and sleep in the facilities during week days.

But I was wondering now, would getting into a military school really help with my lazy and impulsive, pleasure seeking personality? Or am I the way I am until I die, and should live accordingly, not "fighting" against It?

I mean, I attend some mid-tier University and live pretty a pretty lazy lifestyle If I wanted. But should I do that or really try to improve myself?
>>
In the last paragraph: I COULD attend*
>>
>>18675323
Oh boo hoo you're smart but you don't want to do shit. I wish I was smart, faggot.
>>
>>18675323
Kinda recognize it. Went far into military application process in the netherlands jntil i decided that was not the route to fight lazyness in itself.

3 yeas later i am still lazy, still smoke weed. But now with a gf and a steady job i get some enjoyment and salary off.

Not to pick your choice, that time could be better invested with the military, but well. It comes at a cost aswell (culture, chamce of deployment and getting ptss)

Also the respect for just outbof school officiers wont be the highest i imagine. So you will add years to make your new dedicarion usefull. Losing the wonderful years between 20 and 30 were you can earn money and make an adult decision to get your shit together
>>
>>18675349
>Losing the wonderful years between 20 and 30
That's one of my biggest concerns. I wouldn't have time to ride my motorcycle just for fun, won't have time for friends, for girls...

I just don't fucking know man. Who knows If I could pick my shit together naturally. At least I kinda enjoy the disciplines in the course, and could follow a government career after graduating, but then my youth is gone.
>>
>>18675374
Same dude here. Alright, i just changed my perspective. Nothing wrong with being lazy, but it should be at times when you can afford to be.

How i dod it: i have the tendancy to fuck things up if they are for myself. I try to put myself into situations were i am forced to put in effort for others. That became easier after school, but was not really possible whilst being there.

School is jst for you, and it is what you make of it.
I understand it hard to break habits as gaming, 4chan and smoking. I havent fully broken them (but then again, i want to do these things because i can afford to).
So you can make the different choice there, and you might come out stronger for it.
I am positive where my life is headed. Also riding a bike here, nice aint it
>>
I feel a lot of people in the world are in the same boat OP. I went through the whole gamut, I did poor in my first years of college and decided I would rather join the military to get away from it all. Did that and came back, still didn't like college, so I picked up the arborist trade to make a little money and found I enjoyed working outside and climbing tall trees. I'm going back to college now for a degree in Natural Resource Management, mostly because I can't stand the idea of college beating me.

I am the very definition of a non traditional student, there's no shame in putting off your education until you find something you want to do in life. For me it's something as simple as climbing trees and playing with chainsaws. For you it is more than likely something else. But I can't stress enough that college is something you should do when you've figured out what you want to do. Caving in to society's expectations that you go immediately and get a degree in something is a sure shot down the path of needless debt and a lot of stress.

No I don't make a lot of money, but I get up every morning excited to go to work
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.