[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a femanon highschool student(18) and I don't have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1500502182380.jpg (22KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
1500502182380.jpg
22KB, 400x599px
I'm a femanon highschool student(18) and I don't have any friends let alone a boyfriend. Im just very very shy and socialy awkward,I don't like paries and clubs AT ALL.I like nature,hiking and watching movies and chinese cartoons.
Not very beautiful but not completly ugly,a bit chubby but by no means a land whale.

Where to go to find friends or a boyfriend? How to I become more open with people?
>>
>>18674616
Hey :)

This feels like a window into the past for me. I got on 4chan at age 11 and was painfully socially anxious all through high school. You can train yourself to really enjoy it, and to get good at it. The key is to just repeatedly put yourself out there. You have to go out and try. After a few months of doing that, I became the person that my friends looked to for guidance. I'm now extremely extroverted and always the dominant one/director in social situations. This is a really good book for people with this problem.

https://islamiconlineuniversity.com/counseling/resources/David%20Burns%20-%20Feeling%20Good.pdf

and so is this

https://www.amazon.com/Emprint-Method-Guide-Reproducing-Competence/dp/0932573029
>>
>>18674616
You're an introvert. Learn what that means and how to deal.
Join small clubs with shared interests or join community projects where you wont be the centre of attention.
The best way to deal with people is to surround yourself with them.
>>
another problem in my town is that there is a lauguage barrier.
most of the people speak hungarian and I can't speak it at all. So my options are few
>>
As a fellow introvert, I met my current best friend in 11th grade by sitting at a table with the other nerdy social rejects and talking with people. That was six years ago now.

Apart from that, most of the friends I've made have met me on the internet, or at local nerd conventions

I guess that isn't very good advice, but, if you want to make friends, sometimes you need to go to places that you don't want to, at least until you either find friends, or become comfortable with that environment
>>
>>18674639
This is good advice. The best way to improve is to practice.
The way to become more socially adept is to actually be social. Even if you're just saying hi in an elevator, do that. You can escalate from there into (eventually) full conversations with strangers.

Also don't try going to clubs and parties if you don't enjoy them. In my experience people respect you if you know yourself that well.
>>
>>18674616
High school is hell, and all those people who seem to be having a good time have their own secret unhappinesses you can't see.

The good news: it WILL end. Hang in there until you graduate and you will experience one of the very few times in your whole life when you can change EVERYTHING.

Whether you go on to university or a job or something else, one chapter will close behind you and a whole new open. And you can enter that next chapter with no baggage.

NO ONE WILL KNOW YOU. No one will know you're a loner or a social misfit. You will have one of the very few chances in a lifetime to completely reinvent yourself.

Present yourself to the world as confident or social or even beautiful and they'll believe you because they won't know that you didn't used to be.

Meanwhile, practice up for that big opportunity. Meet new people and see how they don't meet you with any assumptions based on your past. (You like nature? Surely there's a hiking or camping club at the local Y or Youth Hostel or someplace.)
>>
I was panicking at your age that I wouldn't have a Best Man at my wedding since I had no friends.

Truth is if you've avoided parties etc the chances are you're doing well academically. If that's the case then you're an 18 year old who hasn't sold herself out in pursuit of "le drugs and party culture XD" I recommend chilling out, going to college, meeting a clean-cut and quiet guy and building a life together based on mutual trust and love.
>>
Sounds like you'll do just fine once you're out of high school. Find a local hiking group, they're usually small. You'll make friends there.
>>
>>18675106
Don't listen to this idiot. Don't change everything about yourself because you feel like you have to fit in with everyone else. You can be an introvert and still interact with people/do things, it just takes practice and fortitude.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.