[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it assumed that for somebody to have no sexual success

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5395.jpg (70KB, 480x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5395.jpg
70KB, 480x714px
Why is it assumed that for somebody to have no sexual success they must be an awful person?

I've seen great people with zero luck with the opposite sex, and also awful people who were always with someone, and the inverse, and for both sexes. How "virtuous" you are has zero to do with it.

We readily accept that some people are extremely successful while being evil but in relationships we still subscribe to the just world fallacy.
>>
>>18674385
No one thinks that you are a bad person. A lot of people may think that you are undesirable, a lot of other people won't give half a shit.
>>
>>18674390
This. No one sees a virgin and thinks "man, they must be a jerk", they think "they need to work on their looks"
>>
>>18674385
Its not that hard of an assessment conclusion, people think if you're a decent person then you'll naturally attract potential mates because people like decent people generally.

Unfortunately however, being decent doesn't always mean suave or charismatic, i think people forget that being decent just doesn't cut it anymore in a society without arranged marriage. instead of adapting to your new lover you must first find chemistry.
>>
>>18674393
But if the virgin isn't bad looking then instantly it is "he must be a misogynistic hateful piece of shit"
>>
>>18674419
No one thinks that. Most people just think he has some undesirable feature - bad personality, extremely awkward and shy, whatever.
>>
>>18674419
Me think the virgin doth project too much.

Maybe you should take a long hard look in the mirror senpai.
>>
>>18674433
How isn't bad personality correlated with being a bad person? Not that I ever agreed personalities can be rated, you can be moral or amoral, but a personality isn't "better" than other.
>>
>>18674529
There are many people who have unpleasant personality traits but aren't evil. Of course a bad/unpleasant personality isn't objective.

For example, all the guys I dated are pretty arrogant, stubborn, argumentative and a bit mean (sarcastic, etc). None of them was especially amoral or evil.
A lot of my friends found that unpleasant and considered those bad personality traits, but I do find those traits nice and kinda necessary with someone like me.
>>
>>18674544
So you agree with me that virtue and personality is mostly uncorrelated with dating success.
>>
OP is obviously fishing for validation, not looking for advice.

>hurr I'm a great guy, handsome and nice and smart, why don't girls like me
>reeee fuck you bitches whores cunts die why are you so stupid you don't like me
He even uses /r9k/ memes.
>>
>>18674818
Besides wild projection what exactly are you adding here?
>>
>>18674385
>Why is it assumed that for somebody to have no sexual success they must be an awful person?
it is not?

usually no sexual success is due to some factors that are irrelevant in other circumstances e.g. once you are interested in a girl you start being too nice etc.
>>
>>18674858
That your thread is shit and belongs on /r9k/. You are not wanting advice. You begin by presenting a false statement as fact and then ask for validation. Don't be surprised when you're not getting it.
>>
>>18674861
>you present a false statement

Which people are mostly agreeing with, funny how that works huh.
>>
>>18674864
Do you have reading comprehension problems? Pretty much everyone is telling you that you're wrong.
>>
>>18674872
I think it might be you who is unable to read. The first question is an exaggeration and the actual point is that sexual/dating success and "being a good person" are very unrelated. Almost everybody agreed with this, yet most dating advice talks about becoming a good person as some magical bandaid, virgin has become a synonym for misogynist and people with no experience later in life are seen as weird/damaged.

But I digress, I've seen you in other threads and literally the only thing you do is REEEE GO BACK TO R9K PEOPLE ARE PERFECT AND BAD THINGS NEVER HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE YOURE A HORRIBLE PERSON REEE which your peanut sized brain probably considers "tough love" or some similarly retarded shit. Have this reply and kindly fuck off if you have nothing to add.
>>
>>18674882
>No one thinks you are a bad person
>This. No one sees a virgin and
>No one thinks that
>virgin doth project too much
Yes, everyone agrees with you. Not one person said anything like your raging buttmad rant, though, you went on completely off-tangent projecting. So let'd recap.

You are a virgin.
You think you are a good person.
You think people see you as a bad person because you are a virgin and not because you actually are a bad person.

Is that it? What do you want advice on?
>>
>>18674898
I don't know if you're actually this stupid for missing such a clearly spelled out point or if you're being dense for the sake of refuting.
>>
>>18674911
Then why don't you explaining instead of being angry like a bad person.
>>
>>18674882
Different fag. Everyone does say youre wrong and agrees with certain elements or interpretations of what youre saying, but your world view is very toxic.

>be a better person

Not better, more desirable. This isnt a disney movie. There are attractive and unnattractive qualities. If you stockpile surface attractive qualities it makes things a lot easier. Simple as that.

Becoming *better* at social skills doesnt mean becoming a more moral and just person either. It just means youre able to connect to people better.

No one assumes being a virgin makes you a bad person, but at the same time, if you are in fact a bad person, theyll be pretty quick to tie your virginity to it.

So if youre on here saying all this shit because of personal repeated experience, you might be a bad person. And being a virgin doesnt make you a bad person but being a bad person makes you a virgin.
>>
>>18674922
But that's the point I'm refuting. Nobody is a virgin because they're a bad person. They can be a bad person and a virgin, or a good person and a virgin. It really doesn't correlate. Desirability and virtue are two entirely different things.
>>
>>18674984
You clearly think you are a good person and a virgin. And for some reason you think everyone thinks of you as a bad person and a virgin. Something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>18674992
My case is irrelevant. People don't think I'm a bad person, nor do they know I am a virgin.

I'm talking about dating advice you read everywhere and the general shit you read on the internet.
>>
>>18674385
>Why is it assumed that for somebody to have no sexual success they must be an awful person?
It's not... Maybe it is by some people, but not most in my experience.

I haven't been with a girl in over a year and have never had a long-term girlfriend. All my friends know this and nobody gives a shit. Maybe you just need to find more mature people to hang out with. I do remember some kid laughed at me when I was 12 years old because I hadn't kissed a girl yet..
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.