[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel horrible, /adv/. >24yo in uni >depression, find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I feel horrible, /adv/.

>24yo in uni
>depression, find it hard to get out of bed in morning
>lifing on my own, 650 dollars for rent, dad pays me 500 dollars/month because he's the best
>Quit my job a year ago now, haven't had one since
>slowly running out of money, went from ~21k on my account to ~8k without even spending big
>scared I might go down to zero if I don't find job quickly
>scared of having my dad find out I quit my job (which he will come next tax season)

All part time jobs I can find pay about 18 dollars an hour, so I'd be on 2'300 dollars a month with what my dad pays me (minus rent that's 1'750 dollars). I'd be on about 50 dollars a day, in that case.

Basically, I fucked myself out of a comfortable lifestyle in which I couls travel and enjoy life by beinf a depressed cunt. My dad doesn't understand depression and I'm affraid he might stop paying entirely once he finds out what I did.

>What can I do to better my financial situation (besides getting a job, which I am) without working 50 hour weeks on top of uni work? I don't know if I can do that, being depressed as I am.
>How can I confess to my dad that I squandered his generosity and make him understand?

I get that most of you probably have it worse than me, but I'm a depressed mess atm.
>>
>>18674296
>50 dollars/day

that's like above average
>>
>Honesty with your father is step one. Don't wait until taxes. Be proactive and have that conversation. Expect the worst and it won't be that bad.
Our life becomes infinitely better the more difficult conversations we have.
>Clinical depression requires therapy and medication
>Situational depression requires lifestyle changes
>Write down goals
>Write down daily to-dos
>Do half and you're still better than nothing
>Sleep well
>Eat well - green foods
>Run or lift or both see /fit

Again, I can't stress enough communication. With your dad, with your buddies, with your anyone you can trust. Work out your head with them. Thank them. Act on it immediately.
>>
>gets paid $500 a month for doing nothing
>still can't make ends meet

I would literally do anything to have a diminishing $8k in my account and $500 from my dad a month. I could make that shit last forever.
>>
>>18674324
I mean, I get what you're saying, but I still somehow wasted about 12k in a year. How do I live like you?
>>
>>18674338
Help me out first. What do you think you need daily that you couldn't live without?
>>
>>18674320
Thank you, bro. I will have that talk, wish me luck.
>>
>>18674347
Much luck
>>
>>18674344
I'm sorry, I don't know if I get your question? D:
>>
>>18674353
What is your $50 a day going towards?
>>
>>18674296
This anon >>18674320 gave you the right advice on everything.

You obviously need to find a job. Living with 2300$ is not bad at all.
What do you spend your money? Track everything you spend money on (even small expenses like coffees) and then do some serious budgeting.
Calculate how much you spend on necessary things - rent, food, insurances, gas, bills, whatever.
Calculate how much you spend on unnecessary things - hobbies, eating out, drinks, coffee at starbucks, clothing, dates.

Try to stretch things in the first category so they are under 50% of what you earn in total. Find a cheaper place, a cheaper insurance, walk more so you can save gas and do a little exercise, find better phone plans, whatever.
A good way to save money on food is meal planning and prepping. I eat healthy and abundantly with about 180$/month. I never eat out unless I am on a date or it is a special occasion, and even then I do so less than once a week.
I pay all of this by card so it is trackable.

Give yourself a budget for unnecessary expenses. I usually give myself a 30% of what I earn for things I don't really need. That's the money I spend when I go out for a beer with my friend, for travelling, for shopping, for my hobbies, but also for small stuff like buying myself a coffee.
I have a separate debit card where I put the 30% of my income, once a month. I usually manage to save a lot of that money and I end up using it for bigger expenses like trips and such.

Save the other 20%. Put it away to rebuilt your 20k$.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.