[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should you really lower your standards? I'm talking down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1503792750161.png (750KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503792750161.png
750KB, 960x720px
Should you really lower your standards? I'm talking down to ugly/fat bitches. I don't feel like I have high standards, I'm just not desperate enough to fuck girls I'm not attracted to.
>>
Depends, are your standards higher than what you can offer to any girl?
>>
>>18674063

lol fuck no, I'm a mess, but at the same time I'm not running around saying woe is me or complaining about tfw no gf, people just seem to take offense to me not just settling for anything. Personally I'd rather be alone than be with someone I don't really like. I just can't believe how desperate some people are to be someone, and they expect the same from me, but certainly 2 wrongs don't make a right.
>>
>>18674089
The problem arises partially from a) women always date up, and b) unless you have assets, skills or social status that you actively demonstrate, to a woman you just kind of blend into the background.

Yes, lower your standards, and more importantly, find a way to put yourself in new environments that exposes you to more women. This doesn't even have to be a club or bar, just anywhere you could make small talk, like at a store or gym.
>>
No you shouldn't. Faggots on here who tell you to "just lower your standards" are attractive and hypocritical.
>>
lowering your standards sounds easy, but it's actually really hard to fuck a girl you aren't into
>>
>>18674938

The only problem I have with that is when people say lower your standards, they mean fuck the ugliest fattest chicks you can find. Its hard to gauge this sort of thing, but I don't think I have high standards, I just go by feel, I mean you're either attracted to someone or you're not, its not really a choice.

>>18675437

Its not even just a physical thing, people assume ugly girls are somehow more humble and tolerable, but all the ones that showed interest in me had insufferable character flaws, just total bitches and whores desu. I think lowering your standards that low is more suited for guys into just hooking up, but I think when it comes to selecting the person you're gonna be spending a lot of your personal time with, you probably should be a bit more selective.
>>
Instead of lowering your standards you should raise your own value. Like someone with a spine you know.
>>
>>18675439
Three beers and a week of no fapping and you'll be flirting with every fat girl on sight. What am I saying? You're probably rich and handsome and women throw themselves at you.
>>
When you lower your standards, it means you're going to date people you arent really attracted to just so that you can be with someone.

Its honestly better to be alone than to do that, just focus on yourself, get new hobbies and really delve into some. I know that is the usual advice but when you find something you actually love doing, it actually fills that hole that youve been trying to fill with relationships with females.

For me that something was downhill mountain biking, Ive never done anything before this that Ive been so passionate about. But it didnt just come to me naturally, it started by just riding a normal bike around town cause I was bored "well this is okay I guess" which progressed to riding my bike on trails in the woods "wow this is actually pretty cool" which progressed to riding down steep mountain hills and jumps as fast as I can handle "holy shit this is amazing I NEED to do this".

If you lower your standards for women you might as well lower your standards for your life. Fuck that shit, live life to the fullest only date the girls you are REALLY attracted to and turned on by
>>
>>18674062

You don't have to talk down to someone just cause you're not attracted back.
>>
>>18676060
What if there's nothing I love?
>>
You should never feel the need to give up on your personal preferences, and shouldn't feel bad about them. If you'd rather be alone than lower your standards, that's completely reasonable.

Just don't expect women to lower their standards to date you- they are as justified in their preferences as you are.
>>
>>18676802
This
>>
>>18676802
>Just don't expect women to lower their standards to date you-
Women never lower their standards lmao, I don't think anyone expected that.
>>
>>18676813
Plenty of men get offended/upset when they're rejected at a bar by a woman out of their league.
>>
women mostly date guys "higher" than them,maybe settle for about same level guys.
either you work on yourself anon. or start looking for a qt or semi qt socially inept hidden gem
>>
You should never date someone you aren't physically attracted too, it will never work in the end. I am speaking from personal experience; I dated a girl for 3-years who I was never attracted to. We had a lot in common and got along well, but the attraction was never there. I never wanted to have sex, with both got bitter, and eventually she cheated on me and the whole thing went to shit.
>>
>>18674089
The day i lowered my standard was the day i was reborn. It gave me confidence, a hell lot of fun, and through all the time she was not my gf.

I was ahead of her. We talked about obly sex and fun. When i was done with that part (1 month or so) i actually bumped into my gf.

We both feel like we just gave up on trying to find a partner. When you are co fident and not searching, but do go to social settings it is hard not to woo someone
>>
>>18676393
There is, you just need to look for it. Have you tried hurting someone else? Maybe that's your passion, you won't know until you try. Just be careful that if you kill them you don't get caught.
>>
>>18674938
What about lesbians, do they date up too? It couldn't be possible since, well, they can't both be superior to eachother
>>
>>18674938
>>18677042
>>18677823
People, both men and women, generally date someone similar to them. Don't believe everything you read on /r9k/
>>
>>18677836
B-But that's where I go to feel superior because
>"at least I'm not that pathetic haha"
>>
I'm hesitant to tell people to lower their standards. If you try to force a relationship with someone you're not really into it causes pain for all involved. That said if your standard is so high that you can't meet it yourself (ex liking only 8/10+ when you're ugly or a nervous loser) then you should probably reevaluate your standard. Some people have fucked up psychology and only feel attracted to out of reach people.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.