[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I work for a year in my home country to save up the Cash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

Should I work for a year in my home country to save up the Cash for a working Holiday Visa in Canada?

(Note: I am 28 and have never been to Canada before, but as a kid visited the U.S.A. a couple of times.)

Also, if I did a working holiday visa in Canada, should I spend a considerable amount of time working/volunteering in country rural areas, doing such things as farm hand work?

Pic related, it's how I imagine rural Canada to be.... That, and fucking Saskatoon.
>>
Anyone?
>>
File: 1404882151481.jpg (305KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1404882151481.jpg
305KB, 720x960px
>>18674041
Seriously? No Canadians here to give in a yes/no input?
>>
File: 1291752046407.jpg (240KB, 450x2500px)
1291752046407.jpg
240KB, 450x2500px
Providing old school humor for responses.
>>
>>18674041
Canadian here: stay the FUCK away from Canada. I can't imagine anybody wanting to come here for any reason other than looking for a handout from our government.
If you do come here prepare for 40% of your income to go to taxes and for everything to be very, very expensive. I can't stress it enough that if you are a hard working man stay away.
>>
File: Tonight On Cops....gif (2MB, 280x203px) Image search: [Google]
Tonight On Cops....gif
2MB, 280x203px
>>18674521
Christ, I don't intend to linger or migrate there or anythin.... Just looking to experience Canadian culture a bit, enjoy the nature of the land and mingle with the locals, that's all... Is it really that bad for a person to just pass through the land as a traveler there?
>>
>>18674534
We have no culture anymore.
These dumb asses we keep electing keep forcing more acceptance and tolerance on us and now even fucking Tim Horton's ads feature Muslim women wearing the head dress and interracial couples.
A lot of people try to meme Canada as this wonderful place but its full of idiots.
I mean I can't stop you but if I had a chance to leave I would take it in an instant.
>>
File: 1356183629453.jpg (442KB, 450x4400px) Image search: [Google]
1356183629453.jpg
442KB, 450x4400px
>>18674546
Believe me, there a little places out there that don't have their problems... Surely in rural industry towns though, there must be some sense of Canadian culture, no? Or what about the reserve's? Has the current government demanded diversity, multi-cultureism quotas on them, too?
>>
>>18674564
Depends on the town desu. There are rural towns with dudes from fuckin' Zimbabwe everywhere. They have refugee quotas for pretty much everywhere here. Only place you'll get away from it really is weird back woods towns but the people in those towns are fucking weirdos too and will keep away from you.
>>
File: Nicely done..jpg (7KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
Nicely done..jpg
7KB, 500x319px
Any other Canadian opinions here?
How about stories from people who visited Canada?
>>
Hello,
I AM Canadian

Why do you want to come to Canada for a holiday? Theres fuck all to do in small towns unless its in a region with natural attractions (BC, out east, etc)

>Also, if I did a working holiday visa in Canada, should I spend a considerable amount of time working/volunteering in country rural areas, doing such things as farm hand work?

Farm work sucks. I'm sure it exists in your country. You don't have to travel across the world to toss hay bales.

>Pic related, it's how I imagine rural Canada to be
Not far off, though its a TV show.

Disregard everyone mentioning politics and immigration in this thread. He makes it sound like a taxed wasteland full of refugees.

Canadian culture is hard to pin down, if you hang out in a small town for long enough I'm sure you'll find a taste of it, then again i'm antisocial as fuck so I'm not sure how you'd go about doing it.
>>
>>18676066
>Farm work sucks. I'm sure it exists in your country. You don't have to travel across the world to toss hay bales.

>Canadian culture is hard to pin down, if you hang out in a small town for long enough I'm sure you'll find a taste of it, then again i'm antisocial as fuck so I'm not sure how you'd go about doing it.

That's why I am interested in working the rural farms for a bit... Done it in a few different countries before, and I've found it to be alright work and a decent way to experience things from another culture.
>>
>>18676105
Thats an interesting approach to travel, I'm sure you'll have good luck then. Any idea what areas you'd like to visit? I'm from southern ontario, I like the area because of the contrast of the big cities like Toronto or Hamilton, and the small towns just an hour drive away
>>
>>18676197
In all honesty, I am not too familiar with Canada, so I'm pretty open to anywhere atm.
>>
>>18677198
southern ontario is well populated and you won't have trouble finding work. Avoid Toronto, its a nice city with its own mosaic thing going on but at the end of the day its just another big city. Rural area is my home, I love it but honestly not much happens here. The escarpment is pretty. The falls is a wonder of the world and its a shame its located in the biggest tourist trap in north america.

northern ontario has a lot of trees, not a lot of people. bigger cities like thunder bay or the sault mite b cool for a visit

The prairies are flat af. If you want a taste of life here watch Corner Gas.

Out west in Alberta and BC you got lots of beautiful mountains. I've never been but I'd love to go. Lots of Chinese immigrants in Vancouver from what I've heard.

Quebec is nice but filled with Quebecois unfortunately. Bantering with french canadians is a national passtime. Most 'canadian' part of canada IMO. Worth a visit for sure.

Maritimes are beautiful, Cape Breton is worth a road trip, especially if you can make it in the fall. I've never felt more canadian than when biking the Cabot Trail, Acadians have their own language and culture? going on and its really neat seeing the mix of french and english canada in such a pretty island. Acadians don't like being compared to Quebecois. Some of the most vicious (and worst sounding) fights are between the two.

Newfoundland is like Cape Breton but bigger. Bigger landscapes, bigger wilderness, bigger smiles, thicker accents. 10/10 Would recommend. From what I understand there isn't much work in Newfoundland so most newfies move around canada to find work. Newfies are fun to make fun of because they have a good sense of humor and can dish it out as well as they take it (quebecers take notes)

The territories are cold; they have snow and rocks. Some of these rocks have precious metals in them. Not much more going on up there except alcoholism. I'd love to ride through desu.
>>
File: mea-204797.jpg (35KB, 655x360px) Image search: [Google]
mea-204797.jpg
35KB, 655x360px
>>18677258
Thank you for this. Actually gonna save it down and use this as the beginning of something here for this adventure I hope to make... Fuck yeah, Canada trip!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.