[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being 28 is weird, because a mere five years ago is "When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: clubpenguinsgone.png (417KB, 768x969px) Image search: [Google]
clubpenguinsgone.png
417KB, 768x969px
Being 28 is weird, because a mere five years ago is "When I was young."

Is there a way to get over the knowledge that my life is rapidly slipping away as I flounder helplessly?
>>
On the bright side, if you live until 90 you only have about 1,956,571,200 second left, give or take a few hundred thousand.
>>
Stop thinking about it...
Start enjoying what you have now?...
>>
>>18673819
im 23 and feel old so quit your bitching
>>
>>18673841
I just miss feeling young, and like I still had potential.
>>
>>18673819
join the club. start reading more, watching more meaningful films, living life in a way that it doesn't feel like it's your life slipping away

I understand that there's a lot of boring resource-gather that needs to be done, but maybe you need to snap out of it and find some way to start living meaningfully
>>
>>18673866
Well... You lived your youthness, if you deem it a worthy living or not is another thing.

The point is... time has passed... Keeping your thoughts on the past will only bring you regret and nostalgia (that eventually turns into what you are feeling now), both have little to no uses in the present moment.

You can go full catharsys on this and just spend some time seeing pics, talking with old pals, reliving those moments a bit... That might help, or might make it all worse, it depends on your take on it.

Or you can focus on the now... But do keep in mind that we all miss our youth, even if it's just an aspect of it... It's not bad to look back a few times, but over staying your welcome in this case is quite depressing to the brain.
>>
>>18673880
>watching more meaningful films
Suggestions?
>>
>>18673913
unfortunately no. I should have said "take in less meaningless media"
>>
>>18673880
I wouldn't even know where to start.

I feel like such a complete failure.
>>
Stop fucking caring.

Literally just stop it.

Just stop giving a fuck. This doesn't necessarily mean you have to be an inconsiderate asshole. Just get out of your own fucking head worrying about whether or not you have met societies standards for success. Stop defining who you are by what you own or wear. Stop leading life like it is IRL gotta catch me all pokemans; got to have a good job, nice house, this and that furniture, a respectable car, at least two lets, a wife, a sizable wardrobe etc.. Just, stop.

Sounds too simple to be true, the catch however is that it isn't simple at all. You are going to have to let go of 28 years of conditioning.

I managed, in large, to do it a couple of years back and I have never been fucking happier.

Feel free to ask me anything.
>>
>>18673962
Here are some tips.
To read:
Awaken the Giant Within, The Power of Now, The Way of the Superior Man(if you a guy), Dear Lover (if you a girl).
If you don't want self help, go for The Name of the Wind or other fantasy novels, you can find the one that better fits you on goodreads website.

Now for movies (this is not my best part):
Waking Life (deep one), Big, 18 Again!...
>>
>>18673970
What are the challenges you faces in acquiring this mentality?

I'm sure it wasn't as easy as saying I won't give a fuck from now
>>
>>18674037
In the beginning a fear of it not working out, a lot of "what ifs".

I used to be a medfag who was "supposed to" specialize in a "high end" field, neurosurgery, internist etc.. But it was basically killing me, was miserable for years, was never doing it for myself but merely to satisfy the expectations those around me had of me, started drinking excessively.
I quit after acquiring my bachelor and half a master's degree before I had the chance to completely self destruct on booze.
Now I do a lot of field medical work for various organizations that are posted in developping countries.

However quiting the study was the hardest step, "what will people think of me?", "how many people will I be letting down and disappointing?", "what will my prospects be? Will I be able to support myself?", "maybe they are right and I should just become a surgeon" Every day I would think of some other reason or rationalization as to why I should not quit it, despite it being the most miserable experience of my life.

Another aspect that more or less ties in to that was that I was burning a lot of bridges and cutting down a bunch of safety nets. The moment I quit I was basically on my own, the only company being a bunch of people waiting for the moment I would come crawling back so they could give me a "we told you so". Maybe needless to say, but my friends of old are no longer my friends, looking back I don't think calling them friends at any point in my life does the word any justice.

I now support myself fully, travel wherever there is work, travel to other countries between jobs, meet people from all over and had more fulfilling and meaningful life experiences in the first year after quiting than I did in the many years of academia.

Never looked back and I have no regrets.
>>
>>18674061
I barely make enough to survive, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
>>
28 is about the time when you can start to truly live life as an adult. For many people their 30s are the best. Get ready and enjoy the ride.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.