[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any point in going to therapy when i already know everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: (24)hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
(24)hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
is there any point in going to therapy when i already know everything they will tell me and why it wont work and how will i quit?
doesnt it make more sense to not go and avoid 7 months of pointless sessions?
>>
>>18673550
Oh boy you need therapy. You just assumed situation that have not happened yet. If you know what's wrong why don't you fix it? Also therapy is a place to vent and talk about your thought. At your first session you should talk about this post you made.
>>
>>18673558
>You just assumed situation that have not happened yet
it has happenned to me several times already
>>
>>18673558
>If you know what's wrong why don't you fix it
its too hard and i dont have the willpower and or stability
i also cant promise not to freak out and throw all the progress away in a couple months
personality is not a flexible thingonce you become an adult
>therapy is a place to vent and talk about your thought
i can do that here and i dont have to lealve my home
>>
>>18673602
That's because you preordained it to. I can tell your dysfunctional. I don't have enough information to evaluate you further though.
>>
>>18673606
>personality is not a flexible thing
HAHAHA
Are you serious, you fell for the meme that's rich.
The mind is the most maluable thing. You lack of will power and motivation is the problem. That statement is just a justification to your self.
>>
>>18673612
>preordained
im going to be honest i did that a couple times because im an arrogant ass and i assum i understand things when they sound simple enough that i can learn about them at home
but im a therapy veteran with a big range of experiences
>>
>>18673618
get people to stop eting crap and exercise then, its not like millions are wasted in that lost cause every year
>>
>>18673618
>The mind is the most maluable thing.
Most malleable compared to what?
I consider for example, changing the shape of clay much less time and effort consuming than changing someones mind about facts(Making them believe something opposite to what they have experienced).
>You lack of will power and motivation is the problem
Why do you consider that a problem if mind is so malleable as you say?
>>
>>18673676
You can change your thoughts through exercise. But if you haven't built up any willpower then you'll never get anywhere.
>>
>>18673693
>You can change your thoughts through exercise
>cbt
doesnt really work long term, unless you start talking with yourself out loud and hitting your head when you think a wrong thought
>>
>>18673693
>You can change your thoughts through exercise.
Which thoughts?
What exercise?

>But if you haven't built up any willpower then you'll never get anywhere.
You've now made a claim that is inconsistent with the claim that:
>The mind is the most maluable thing
Since you have specifically mentioned a condition that does not make it malleable much if at all.
>>
>>18673550
Go to therapy and fucking make it work and don't fucking quit
>>
>paying some quack thousands of dollars to scribble on a clipboard and pretend to listen to you
>>
If you tell your therapist exactly this post, you will accelerate the benefits.
>>
>>18673550
Yes. You should definitely not attempt a therapy regimen you've already convinced yourself won't work. That's probably the quickest way to invalidate any sort of psychological therapy. Tell yourself it won't work and do nothing to fix your problem.

Good job.
>>
>>18674421
this post as in >>18674421?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.