[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is a workaholic. It annoys me. I don't want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Xtlq67d.jpg (165KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Xtlq67d.jpg
165KB, 800x500px
My girlfriend is a workaholic. It annoys me.

I don't want to take it personally or judge her, but it gets annoying feeling like I'm something that she fits into her schedule only when she feels like things have died down enough at work for her to feel comfortable not answering email.

Thing is, I'm having trouble telling how much of it is her, and how much of it is me. Like, is she really that bad, or am I being insecure somehow and not just accepting her for who she is?

How can I tell the difference?
>>
>>18673133
Her work is essentially her husband anon. Unfortunately, there is going to be very low odds you'll be able to do anything to change this. Your literally one level behind being a cuck at this point
>>
>>18673133
You're being selfish. Work is something you can't help. It's something that has to happen to live. She has really good work ethic, and depending on her job, she could be getting paid to be on call, which means it's her job to be at attention for those emails at all times.

It's called being responsible. Now, clearly you have options. Maybe you would feel more comfortable with a jobless layabout that clings to you at every moment of the day like a leech and resents every moment you choose to have away from her. Yes there are plenty of those if you are feeling starved for attention.
>>
>>18673154
>really good work ethic
Yes goy, keep working hard for no extra pay
>>
>>18673154
>Work is something you can't help. It's something that has to happen to live.

Yeah, but like everything else in life, there is such a thing as too much of it. If you're doing it compulsively to the detriment of other areas of your life, that's not ok.
>>
>>18673133

Talk it over with her. Fuckin' communicate.

Be open to both possibilities. We don't know all the details, we can't know whether she really is a workaholic or whether you're just insecure, or where on the scale in between those you are. We don't know how serious your relationship is, where she is in her career, how temporary or permanent this level of work is.

But let her know you'd like more of her time, and be glad you got a workin' girl. Two incomes is a hell of a drug.

>>18673142

Ha! Check out this loser. "If your woman's not chained in the basement you're a KEK! KEK! KEK! Oh god girls are scary"
>>
>>18673162
> If you're doing it compulsively to the detriment of other areas of your life, that's not ok.

Of course, but OP is talking about HIS life, not hers. Her life sounds fine and untroubled. It's OP that thinks she should have more time for him to waste.
>>
>>18673177
>Of course, but OP is talking about HIS life, not hers. Her life sounds fine and untroubled. It's OP that thinks she should have more time for him to waste.

What? He literally said that he wasn't sure if it was him or her and asked how he could make a more informed decision. Why are you being so quick to accuse of being needy or whatever?
>>
>>18673213
Because it's obviously not her. It's OP making the complaint. Did you not understand what he's saying? He's saying he doesn't know if his claim is valid or not. He's saying he's not sure if he's overreacting about her being a workaholic or she really has a problem.

There is NO indication that her life is being adversely affected by her work. All we hear is her boyfriend bitching that he wants more time with her.

>Why are you being so quick to accuse of being needy or whatever?

Because he's making a thread complaining about her having to make time for him when she's a busy woman.
>>
>>18673226
>There is NO indication that her life is being adversely affected by her work. All we hear is her boyfriend bitching that he wants more time with her.

Well OP didn't offer much in the way of details. He could be absolutely justified in his feelings.

Just because his post is more focused on where his heads at doesn't mean that it's "obviously not her." It's like >>18673171 said.

>We don't know all the details, we can't know whether she really is a workaholic or whether you're just insecure, or where on the scale in between those you are. We don't know how serious your relationship is, where she is in her career, how temporary or permanent this level of work is.
>>
Imagine a world where people communicate their problems with their lovers.

wow.
>>
>>18673234
>If you're doing it compulsively to the detriment of other areas of your life, that's not ok.

That's what you said, right? Well, we have no indication that that is the case. There is no evidence that anything she is doing or has done is undermining or detrimental to her life in any way, and I pointed that out clearly, because that is a fact of this thread. OP isn't saying she's in trouble, he's saying he wants to see her more.

Now in response to me pointing these things out, you wheel around and are talking about OP's feelings now, not his GF's life and whether she's working to the detriment of her life.

>Why are you being so quick to accuse of being needy or whatever?
You said that, and my response was clear, because it's her boyfriend complaining, not her.

I never said his feelings don't matter or whatever you are imagining, I just pointed out clearly and factually that OP is making the complaint, not his GF, and the complaint is focused around the needs and wants of OP and NOT the "workaholic GF"

capiche?
>>
File: 1473867860594.jpg (56KB, 736x741px) Image search: [Google]
1473867860594.jpg
56KB, 736x741px
>>18673249
>>
>>18673261
hey Pegasus. haven't seen you in a while. it's me, Alphonse
>>
>>18673268
its not the real Pegasus, its an imposter
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.