[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should a 20 y/o man acquire to "upgrade" his life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What should a 20 y/o man acquire to "upgrade" his life?

I am looking to spend about $500-$800 on some things before my parents start demanding money from me. So far i spent about 500 on a power rack (weight lifting equipment), 200 on dumbbells, 100 on running sneakers and like 70 on clothes. I want to better myself in every way possible in order to prove myself to the ones holding me back. I know inproving my apperance with clothes and fitness is the first step but is there anything else that is durable and will give me some decent results?
>>
>>18672821
how is your oral hygiene?
do you have a reliable method of transportation?
desu I'd just stick it in a savings account at your local credit union. If you're trying hard to find something to spend it on then you don't NEED to spend it.
>>
File: 41s6CPn0pqL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
41s6CPn0pqL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
21KB, 350x350px
>>18672831
I just got fillings actually. Need to work on that.

I take public transport because everytime i ask my parents to practice driving so i can get a license they get nervous and deny me and then turn around and ask why i don't have my license. I was thinking of buying pic related and playing some sim game to do it. My test is in 2 weeks btw and my chance of failing is like 80%
>>
>>18672846
are you within bicycle distance of your destinations? you can get some really good used bikes for under $250
>>
>>18672821
>What should a 20 y/o man acquire to "upgrade" his life?

Depends on what you already have.
>>
>>18672855
17 miles. Not sure how realistic that is but i will keep that in mind?

Where do you get bikes for that price?
>>
>>18672866
I had an idea just now.

I should probably just list everything i have and make an upgrade tree for it.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>18672821
Before all the self improvement shit make money. Get a real job or learn to trade crypto (it's helped me a little)
Learn about dopamine production and self hardship. NoFap, fasting and cold showers will literally strengthen you psychologically.
Then focus on the appearance stuff. Exercise, dress better, skin/hair care etc.
I've literally turned my life around with this anon and I hope it does the same for you.
>>
>>18672891
I have a job which pays 15/hr. I have been saving up a lot but my parents can see my account and everytime it gets a bit large they start complaining and asking me to contribute beyond what I already do.

I believe that I am a frugal person, and I never really gave a fuck about how I looked, that's why I have always been skinnyfat, which I am currently changing.

What specifically do you suggest on dopamine and self-hardship, not sure if I am getting the memo on that.
>>
>>18672821
haha how can u possibly waste 700 bucks on weight lifting equipment if you could just go to the gym or easily train with equipment worth 20 or 30 bucks.

don't spend all that money, save it for later. or go travel.
or get a sense of fashion and spend it on clothes.
>>
>>18672948
gym closest to me is $50/month =. In a year that = 600.

Cheapest one I can think of, if I travelled a bit would be like 25/month, which would be a bitt cheaper but why spend more money than you have to in the long run? Also, I have IBS and I have serious gas issues that would turn me into the guy everyone avoids at the gym I might get straight up banned.
>>
>>18672964
those are some really expensive fucking gyms, they better come with blowjobs or something.
>>
>>18672846
You'd be better off spending that $ on getting instruction from a driving school than a racesim set.
>>
>>18672964
Lol this >>18672992
Don't you have a cheaper option? I thought gym costs were like $35/month?
>>
>>18672992
I live close to a really expensive fucking city. Of course I don't actually live in the city but even being in proximity of it gives business owners the right to upcharge everything there. I am doing what I believe to be as my best, I already dropped the money on that shit so I think I am stuck with it.
>>18673015
there is blink but that's about 1.5hrs away and I am a 9-5er with college classes. now that I think about it that just sounds like an excuse. what I typed before I mean. sometimes I piss myself off. but ya, I can spend up front 650 for two years but now that I spent all that other money, I just want to get as many sensible things before my parents start pulling money out.
>>
>>18673025
you should open an account that your parents don't have access to and work on your independence.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.