[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how to start this, so I'll just cut to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: steel-is-heavier-than-feathers.png (258KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
steel-is-heavier-than-feathers.png
258KB, 337x372px
I don't know how to start this, so I'll just cut to the chase. My friends get really touchy when I ask him why he doesn't talk to his family more.

He's 26, and doesn't have any basic adult skills. I've been having to teach him how to cook and drive, just to name a few. All I know is that his family never taught him anything. But whenever I try to find out why, because it's really weird to me, he just gets irritated, and will resort to either giving quick, hollow answers, or dodging the question entirely. It's also gotten to the point where he'll flat out get angry just for asking about it.

The part he is we've known each other for almost ten years, and I've never seen him get angry about anything. I mean it. There's literally never been any instances in that time where I saw him get pissed off. But when it comes to trying to talk about his family, he almost turns into a completely different person. He just becomes this rritable, vague recluse who tries to avoid conversation.

All I could find out that they never really talk to each other, even when he was a kid. He feels that they'll just get mad at the most random interval, and he still can't figure out why. He also deliberately separates his friend and home life (which I didn't even notice until now). He doesn't think they can him teach anythign without encurring their anger some how. He thinks it's better "not to risk it" and avoid them completely (if you try to ask him what he means -- he'll just get pissed). He goes out of his way to be as far away from his house as conveniently possible (like going to a college campus on the other side of town). And when at home, he spends pretty much all his time in his room, avoiding them.

I don't get it.
>>
Might be best to drop it entirely. You're obviously pressing in on a very sensitive issue.
>>
>>18672354
He's an idiot.

Take me for example, I'm a NEET and I too don't know shit (although I'm only 19 living with my parents so it's not really that needed), however if somebody asked me why then I would be honest : because I'm a lazy cunt but I'll be glad to learn if it was necessary.

One just can't avoid or get angry at flaws that are not supposed to happen and if they do then it's mandatory to fix them.
>>
sounds like he lives in an abusive household. i wouldn't bring it up if he's not going to give you any answers.
>>
>>18672354
why would he want to talk about it, he obviously had a rough childhood and/or was neglected or abused by his parents.
>>
>>18672354
I can relate to your friend completely. Like other anons have said, he probably was heavily neglected in his childhood. Unless he wants to open himself to you about those issues he has, I suggest you don't bother. And I'd like to say you're good friend of his if you gave him attention for the lacking skills. Wish I had that, heh.
>>
He's just not ready to face those feels right now. Don't bring it up.
>>
>>18672354
i also keep my family out of my friends group because they are poisonous and their attitude with people piss me off
why do you insist on getting info on a topic that you already realized he doesnt want to talk about? just let it go, if he ever wants to talk about it, he will do
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.