[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you accept a job with a 1h20-40 commute both in the morning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Would you accept a job with a 1h20-40 commute both in the morning and in the night ?
I'm in Paris btw so this would be done using public transportation.
10 mins in the subway, 5min in another subway, then 55min in a long distance train, then 10min walking...
I'm not finding any other jobs in my field right now.
It's a high school teaching job so I'd be working 18h a week only, 3.5 days a week. So no work everyday.
Would you do it ? The salary is standard for this job 50% of my transportation expenses would be refunded.
>>
>>18671968

Would YOU accept this job ?
Would you mind traveling ?
Answer your own question, we're not in your head.
>>
>>18671977

I'm tempted to. I was doing a 50min-1h commute last year and didn't mind much, I was only teaching 12 hours a week though, even though it was spread from monday to saturday... it was annoying sometimes but it didn't bother me that much. 1h20-50 would be a different thing though...
>>
Honestly it sounds shitty to me but I know a person that actually purposefully uses the public bus that takes 2.5 hrs for time to study/read/be alone for a bit. If you go into it with that attitude the time might not bother you
>>
>>18671995

I do 50% of my reading in the subway/train whatever in general so yeah
>>
>>18671968
Doesn't sound that bad.
Considering they reimburse 50%.
Also, a lot of people fail to realize you need to work to get full time positione. I got hired as a temp, promised between 10-20 hours. Now get an even 40 a week. All in a span of 2 months.
>>
Also in France we have 2 weeks vacation every 6 weeks in school
I mean I think I should really accepting but I'm scared of always being late because of the shit public transportation in Paris (lot of social movements, infrastructure problems, delays...)
>>
>>18671968
Can you sleep and/or read on a train?
Would you be using that time more profitably if you didn't have the commute, or just piss it away?
>>
>>18672055

Probably just correcting homework and/or watching shows, reading, vidya... entertainment basically. I'll correct most of the homework in the train just like last year though.
>>
>>18671968
If you can use your time productively, such as read/do work/ do general administration and organising then yes, then your spare time is yours and only yours, use it to do extra work so when you get back everyone thinks the sun shines out your arse
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.