[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm applying for a job and it requires me to answer this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 3dYFXsC.jpg (42KB, 356x414px) Image search: [Google]
3dYFXsC.jpg
42KB, 356x414px
I'm applying for a job and it requires me to answer this question:

Define analytical thinking and explain in detail, of how you have applied it during your career.

I know analytical skills are something you learn by doing, not necessarily learn by sitting in a classroom, and how some of the work Ive done while at a data entry job required me to be on the lookout for inconsistencies in documents and compare multiple versions to find the final version, but that's all Ive got. What the fuck else am I supposed to put?

Thanks
>>
Depends on what kind of job you are applying for. It's basically a filter question. You want to answer it in terms of what they're ACTUALLY looking for.

Like a lot of jobs will jerk their dick off about safety, but all they really care about is production.
>>
>>18671300
1. had problem
2. made a mental list of possibilities
3. considered the pros and cons of each
4 by elimination came up with the best
5 implemented it

You fill in the specifics
>>
>>18671300
"Analytical thinking consists of looking at a problem, and solving it in the simplest way possible after analizing every possible option to solve this problem.
For instance, say a military leader wants to assault a building that is full of terrorists. He has 4 squads of special forces along with a uav. With the limited firepower he has, he needs to be able to securerhe area with few men, luckily they ae special forces. Now for the building, there is an unknown amount of targets in it, which means the leader has the choice to simply observe with the yav and determine how many are there, or he could try to do recon with the special forces, or perhaps none at all. Afterwards, once a number of targets have been determined the leader can proceed to decide on an action plan. How would 4 special forces squads assault a 2 atory tall, four sided buildibg in the open? However the leader decides to do this, wether it be by breaching it from the forst floor or top floor, the roof or whatnot, as long as the mission was a success, that means the leadwr used critical thinking and analytical thinking to determine the best possible course of action to assault a building and eliminate any threat."

Just do that but more detail and maybe more pertaining to your job
>>
>>18671643
The way i made that post there, is by showing what are the available tools, youll need to show the endgoal, then you can go through possibilities and then decide what the best plan is.
>>
>>18671643
Good post, but simplest way is not always the best way (it mostly is though!)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.