[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I like, report my roommate or something? I'm a junior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: worrybaby-e1443666679344.jpg (34KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
worrybaby-e1443666679344.jpg
34KB, 354x500px
Should I like, report my roommate or something?
I'm a junior transfer at a new school.
Every morning, my roommate gets up for class, comes back, does his homework while eating take out from the cafeteria, and then gets drunk at his desk. This is something he does almost every day. I'm a bit of a homebody myself, but this guy seems to regard the college experience as an unfortunate barrier between him and liqour. We get along. Every time I make some sort of request of him he immediately complies. And I guess it would be a dick move to get him kicked out, he's still 20.
It's not like he's a violent drunk either. He just sits there unresponsive, having done his homework, and goes to bed at some point. I even think his grades are fine.

It's just fucking morbid as hell trying to watch some anime or read a book with a guy drinking himself to death 2 yards away. What on earth do I do?
>>
Why not just be a friend? If you get along, why not help him out with whatever he's going through?
>>
>>18670789
>Should I report this guy for literally doing nothing
Gee OP, I don't fucking know.

Get drunk with him or some shit or just leave him alone, who knows why he's drinking.
>>
>>18670789
bc hes not understanding his hw and hes just living off his parents expenses, you should advise him to go to tutoring
>>
It's none of your fucking business. Unless he's actually killing himself, fuck off.
>>
He's not doing anything to you. Literally.

Leave him alone. It's none of your business.
>>
Invite him to watch anime with you
>>
Why not ask him why he drinks instead of posting about it on a Malaysian underwater basket weaving forum?

Take it from there. Maybe someone in his family died or his girlfriend broke up with him and he is having a hard time getting over it. Sounds like he is a high-functioning alcoholic.
>>
>>18670789

You're such a giant cunt
>>
>>18670789
What the fuck is wrong with you, leave the poor motherfucker alone since your real personality and mental capacity is obviously far from going to have a therapeutic effect on anyone unless you put up a facade
>>
>>18670789

I had a roommate last year who was hard into drugs and drank a lot, he was having a hard time dealing with things in his life.

My landlord warned me of taking him as my roommate cause he knew him and told me things about him, but i took him in anyway cause i when i met him i could tell he was geniunely a nice guy.

I made him feel like a somebody, and he opened up to me about things going on in his life and he was so thankful for me being there for him. He even said he wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for me :)

Tl;dr: try and be friends with the guy. You never know if he really needs a friend man
>>
>>18670789
I wouldn't get him reported or anything, if I care about that person (you guys seem to be friends).

This is only make him feel worse and get worse with his problem. You need to talk to him as a friend, let him know you care.
Booze is a huge problem, believe me I know. It's tough to deal with, there's a lot of denial.
But if I was you, I wouldn't get him in trouble, if I cared about him.
>>
>>18670789

>"My room mate is drinking himself to death, probably depression"
>"Lets get him kicked out and make his life worse"

Are you retarded? Help the poor guy! Just be his friend at the very least so he isnt alone.
>>
>>18670795
This
>>
>sit down with him for a drink
>try to get him to talk
Doing that day in day out is rarely just cause he likes the booze. Something is wrong and he can't deal with it otherwise.
Or ignore him and let him have some peace then.
>>
>>18670789
He sounds depressed. Be nice for a while and talk, ask what he does, why he drinks so much and invite him to watch AOT with u

You are a mean person OP, I will just take you are autistic and you just needed someone to tell you. But if you were in the same situation, what would you like your roomate to do?

It sounds like you are going to find him dead someday
>>
If you're afraid of him developing alcoholism or actually drinking himself to death, then yes, send some kind of anonymous concern about his health if you can
>>
I'm going to offer a different opinion than basically everyone in this thread... only you can know the situation enough to make the right choice here

Colleges usually have campus "wellness centers" or whatever that handle this sort of thing. Reporting a student to this center doesn't get them in trouble, they just reach out to the kid and ask if they'd like to *voluntarily* seek help, therapy, etc. Look into if your school has a "good Samaritan policy"; I think that's what this falls under.

Most likely, your roommate wouldn't take the offer, and it'll probably be awkward because even if it's an "anonymous" tip I would bet that based on the situation he'd definitely know it was you. But it could be worth a shot, idk, if you want to feel like you did something to help.

Or, as everyone else said, just reach out to the guy yourself
>>
>>18670789
you North Korean or something?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.