[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get on xanax or another benzo? It is literally the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: UPJ00940.jpg (25KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
UPJ00940.jpg
25KB, 288x216px
Should I get on xanax or another benzo? It is literally the only thing that shuts my mind down and makes me feel comfortable in my skin and able to interact with other people,

I've been thinking of ending my 2 years streak of being out of psych hospitals because I can't take the suffering anymore (I'm bipolar 1 and have OCD). I've been hospitalized 7 times for bipolar mania in the last 4 years and haven't had an episode in 2 years.

I've really been trying, but I just feel like I can't take the pain anymore. I've been depressed for 5 months straight. I was doing really well at the beginning of the year and even had my first girlfriend. But now I have lost hope and don't feel like I can bounce back from this one.

I just got off 2 anti-psychotic meds 15 days ago and I know it takes time for it to get out of my system, but I just can't take living this lonely and painful life anymore. 2 nights ago I was going to OD on my beta blocker pills by swallowing the whole bottle, but I decided to tell someone how bad off I was and they flushed them down the toilet for me. I'm glad I did that, but I just want to be better.

I'm med free currently, but it's not working. I have drive, hopes, goals and dreams, but I am an anxious fucking wreck and the anxiety causes me depression. I keep holding on to life, but it just doesn't get better.
>>
Seek refuge in God
>>
>>18670600

I pray to God every single night for things to get better. I've been praying for a year now asking him for the strength to overcome what's holding me back and to achieve my goals. I even pray for other people to do well.

I'm not going to give up on praying and be resentful towards God like I did when I was younger. But so far it hasn't changed anything
>>
>>18670611
I'll be praying for you too from now on anon.

Try also reading the Bible and visiting a church, there you'll find people who can support you in a reliable way. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2091

By the way, do not take this as a "don't take pills just pray". I'm not going to commet on the pills because I have absolutely zero knowledge or experience in this and most of /adv/ probably does too so you should seek a doctor for that one. I'm just throwing something that'll help immensely.
>>
>>18670635

Thank you for your prayers and that scripture

I really want to join a church for the support of others, but I am just so afraid and uncomfortable in my skin currently. I wasn't like this at the beginning of the year.

I just find that people seem to hate and not want to be around depressed people. I feel like I'm a burden to others with my presence
>>
>>18670645
That's how many people are, but people from all churches I've been in are usually very supportive of those with depression.

Mainly because they understand you. They were all in your spot at some point. Maybe not with that same problem, but with other problems that seemed hopeless at first glance. And they got support from the church.

Seeking refuge in God is one thing. It's spiritual and does wonders. But seeking support in a church is something completely different. There's nothing mystical about this. We live in a world where the feeling of social integration and the cooperation between individuals has been greatly diluted thanks to secularism, skepticism, State intervention and so forth. Churches, however, are places that preserved the wonders of voluntarism and community integration.

It's like the ties that family members share, if not even stronger in many cases. They are ready to sacrifice themselves for the well-being of one another. And they do that while keeping you strong in the faith, contrary to some other people who try to sway you away from God.

Some philosophers say that families are bastions of loyalty separated from the State, which is why they have been under heavy fire for the past years. If that's true, then it certainly applies to churches too.

It really is one of the best decisions you can take. I also understand how difficult it can be if you are undergoing psychic difficulties. I hope you get able to frequent one as soon as possible.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.