[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life story time, should I be mad? >Parents get together very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1493739586893.jpg (124KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1493739586893.jpg
124KB, 850x464px
Life story time, should I be mad?

>Parents get together very young
>Pretty sure my Mum was the "cool girl that wasn't like other girls" type
>Dad is chad
>Dad has unstructured childhood of neglect largely but his family is stupid rich
>Despite having literally the lowest mark you can get in school results, he still lands a sales job that nets him ridiculous amounts of money for selling computers
>By 25 they buy house for £40,000 and are driving sports cars
>Mum pretty much pushes him into having kids
>after 2 years he leaves the family, comes back after a year to make things work for the kids after everyone basically telling him "it's time to man up"
>He inherits £20,000 and starts his own business with a partner, all he has to do is sell contracts to other business owners and pretty much watch the money come in
>we go to private schools and my Mum only has to work part-time
>all he basically cares about is sports, specifically football since he was a failed sport protege when he was young
>I play sports until 8 or 9 then get bored, my brother continues
>Dad resents me for it but I have friends so we really don't end up crossing paths that much, he figures I'll be some kind of late bloomer I guess, either way his main focus is making my brother a football star now
>school starts to take notice that at 12 or so we're basically struggling, they tell our parents this needs to be corrected or they will struggle soon, to my perception I just didn't know my tables and struggled to do basic math quite often
>start teenage years with a lot of baggage because I hang out with the nerds but my grades are fucking terrible, feel like I fit in nowhere
>teachers still basically begging my parents to step in but my parents ignore them entirely
>the attitude is "we didn't go to college and we turned out fine", brother continues to become human pitbull of a football player while I become stereotypical gamer dude

cont.
>>
>>18669254

>start taking interest in the military because I liked the scouts, join reserves, actually have fun

>brother under a lot of stress as he is trying to get a spot on academy team for football

>we both get minimum (and I mean the worst you can do to pass) score on our school final exams to graduate

>Our career progressions
I do military for one year, finish training and leave because military life is hard and boring as it turns out

5 years of customer service jobs, then 4 years of college to get to decent job. Pretty much credit the military with making that possible and luckily managed to get part-time work during summers as well as a loan

Brother implodes, pro football career obviously doesn't happen, becomes drug dealer.. eventually house is raided and we have to get him out of the country to our family overseas in the US

He is a chad so gets married to a girl within a year of knowing her and lands a green card, gets a car sales job, actually makes bank

Dad's business crushed during recession after school, slowly loses everything. He basically never expanded it and overcharged his customers a lot so to them he was just an unnecessary cost. His family wealth disappears overnight because most of his family are complete lunatics who imploded. At 40 his friend lets him use his premises in exchange for doing tech support for his company

50 years old he just sits at home and drinks heavily in the evening, no friends and is basically a neurotic mess. Mum is still working and basically supports them both

While my career life is now going well, my social life is a shambles from years of neglect essentially. I have 2 or 3 core friends but I don't see myself ever getting a gril because honestly I'm just not the most attractive guy. I've had some flings but they're really just one night stand stuff

Over time I've become less and less interested in women and girlfriends.

I almost feel like I probably shouldn't have kids or a family?
>>
>>18669306
If you start taking care of your body and continue focusing on your career, you'll be able to get a girl. You're letting how fucking sad the world usually is get in the way of your goals, I've been doing that recently.
>>
Biggest lesson here OP:

>don't have kids
>if you do don't be a shithead
>>
>>18669330
>>18669341

I guess my main question is.. how do you get kids to do well in school?

I was surrounded by perfect A+ students, met their parents who seemed to also love education and learning too. So I've always assumed that was the key.

But I don't actually know how to set that example

that schoolwork and education is important but also rewarding. I'm just terrified that my mannerisms will inspire that anti-authority streak that my parents had and the cycle will repeat itself.

So yeh, anons that have kids. How do you handle school with them?
>>
>>18669404
Capitalize on things your kid will have passion for. And have a genuine human bond with said child. I think establishing a good upstanding moral character early on sets up kids for success. Growing up in a fucked up household does nothing but create obstacles for the future. My father also wanted me to be a certain way OP and he resented me for a long long time. Through my own merit, hard work, sacrifices I've been through we have mutual respect for each other. Despite that, I know I will never love my dad OP
>>
>>18669418

Yeh that makes sense and yeh pretty close to my situation. I wouldn't say there's respect in our case but there's nothing for him to complain about anymore except my lack of a gf, which I guess prompted this.

It feels stupid for it to bother me and it feels even more stupid to want a relationship because I have to prove something.

So lately I feel in two minds about it where I want to meet someone and make an effort but I also don't want a relationship for the sake of one or because I have something to prove. If that makes sense at all.

Just feels confusing more than anything else and with that brings an apathy where I feel like "my life is pretty good right now, why let other people fuck it up?"
>>
File: 1500507334603.png (516KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1500507334603.png
516KB, 540x405px
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.