[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My roommate's cat won't shut the fuck up. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1503731389655.jpg (1MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1503731389655.jpg
1MB, 960x1280px
My roommate's cat won't shut the fuck up.

I'm working my third 80 hour week in a row, I haven't had a day off in a month. Because of reasons, I'm sleeping in the living room and not in my room.

My roommate's cat cries CONSTANTLY if he's not having attention paid to him. Not just mewling, he sounds like he's getting attacked by a fisher cat. Her solution was "LOL, just ignore it, he'll stop ;)".

I'm tired, I'm irritable, and I'm a hair's breadth away from just taking it outside and shooting it. I'm not saying this for dramatic effect: I'm actually going to kill this stupid fucking beast if nobody figures out how to get me a full night's sleep by the end of the day.

So, advice? For the cat's sake?
>>
I don't know if this is a universal constant but I've raised like 10 cats in my life so I think it's a good general rule of thumb. Pretty much ignore them all day unless you want to pet them, and never be home. The cats learn to adapt. Also it helps to get another cat assuming the two click. There is no immediate solution it just takes time.
>>
Have raised plenty of cats myself. Your roommate was right when she said it'll stop after you ignore it for some time, if you're making it a habit to ignore its plea it might adapt to be more quiet and will only purr when you're playing/petting it.

Getting another cat might do the trick since it'll have friends too chill out with, get one of same gender to avoid mating season noise and shit.
>>
>>18668777
There are 3 cat's, two are well behaved. This third one is not only obnoxious, but he also was never trained to not just piss wherever he wants.

I'm only home between 12am and 9am, which these past few weeks have been full of interruptions of my much needed, carefully scheduled sleep.

I know I'm being difficult right now, but I'm not fucking interested in training her cat for her. I already hate cats, I already have one of my own that I was shoehorned into getting. I hardly want to take care of mine.

But hey, at least he's quiet and shits in a box.
>>
I'm not even joking while saying this, but the cat might have cancer. Ask your roomie when was the last time she took it for a check-up.

My cat used to do the same thing, then she died.
>>
>>18668789
Look man, I can see how this is good advice for someone who has the time, energy, and temperament to listen to a cat wail it's fucking head off all night. But I do not have that luxury.

I'm already spending a considerable amount of effort not just beating the shit out of it. Again, I'm not bragging about my animal abuse, but I'm not going to pretend I'm above it, either.

I really appreciate the advice guys, but I really need something that will keep this mother fucker quiet NOW. I've tried ignoring him all month, I'm already at my wit's end.
>>
>>18668777
>>18668789
>haha just ignore it bro ;)
Cat owners are just as much scum as the animals they """own"""
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.