[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the whole "just be yourself" advice valid even if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: tom's-secret.jpg (39KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
tom's-secret.jpg
39KB, 480x362px
Is the whole "just be yourself" advice valid even if the person is a paedophile, serial murderer, mentally ill, white supremacist, or Eric Trump? I feel like in those cases, being yourself is the last thing you want to do.
>>
It's shit advice, don't listen to it. People like to say that because it makes them feel better about themselves. It's just a catchphrase.
People say it because they are lazy and don't want to waste time or effort giving real advice. And/or because they happen to be already fit and have no problems so "be yourself" works for them.
>>
No advice fits for everyone. No idea or philosophy is complex enough to cover the complex universe.
>>
"Be yourself" literally just means "don't try to act like people you aren't". It doesn't mean that you are automatically worthy of admiration or praise, it means people can see through that shit for breakfast so don't bother.

You know those cartoons where the dude gets his first date, so he dresses like Michael Jackson and tries to impress her with feats of strength and charisma? Don't do that.

"Be yourself" doesn't mean that your personality is gonna start dropping panties, it means that when you actually come across someone you jive with, you're not caught so far up your own ass being fake that they bail.
>>
>>18668883
This

You can be yourself while being the best version of yourself, it doesn't mean indulge in all the negative aspects of yourself just don't put on a fake personality.
>>
File: 1502684274007.jpg (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502684274007.jpg
36KB, 640x640px
haha yes 'trump is = to serial killers and rapists' haha very nice mmeeme how original
>>
>>18668750
Schizophrenic here. Fuck you, sometimes I want to be able to be myself. It sucks putting on a facade all the time. At work, at school, at family parties. Sometimes it is good to just be yourself.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.