[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am I for the future if I've been drinking the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: quitting-drinking.jpg (3MB, 4000x2666px) Image search: [Google]
quitting-drinking.jpg
3MB, 4000x2666px
How fucked am I for the future if I've been drinking the equivalent of 2-3 large glasses of wine a night for 2 years, ages 17-19?
How deep into alcoholism am I?
How do people stop drinking?
>>
>>18668425
The question is how willing you are to stop or moderate? I know plenty of people who drink 2-3 glasses of wine every night and they are perfectly fine. It's when you can't live without those glasses of wine every night you have to be slightly worried. Can you stop? DO you want to? Have you ever tried? IS it because you are doing it with friends or family and feel you will be looked on with angry eyes if you don't join in?

I'd say, see how you go a few nights without those glasses and measure the urges you have to open a bottle right now. YOu could try moderation by slightly decreasing the amount over a short time, and then for instance only drink weekends.
>>
That's a lot of fucking money down the drain, my dude.
>>
>>18668435
Recently I went a week without drinking. The first day sucked because I got some serious withdrawals but after that I was fine, after a week I chose to start drinking again because I might just genuinely enjoy being drunk. At this point I'm more worried about my long term health.

does drinking coffee actually prevent liver damage?

>>18668440
cheap box wine, my friend
>>
Alcohol is a slow poison that damages your body, being drunk is a side effect.
Coffee is a drug like sugar, except that it tastes like shit.
>>
work out why you feel the need to drink rather than pretending to yourself you just love alcohol or some shit.
>>
>>18668442
Nothing prevents liver damage. However since you are still fairly young if you moderate or even stop now you will minimize the risk and impact of that damage later in life when you're like 46 or something.

So my point being, better to stop drinking sooner rather than later. It is super fun to be drunk once in a while, but man.. every damn evening?
>>
Seriously? Are you even getting drunk?

That's not much alcohol at all. That's, like, what most of the world drinks with their dinner.
>>
OP you should stop doing that immediately and never drink again.

since your brain is still developing until you're about 25, you should take things at face value and don't drink at all. you're at risk of being mentally and emotionally impaired. it's not just your liver that needs protection. please stop while you can.
>>
>>18668425
I drank a liter of rum over the weekend

you are small time
>>
>>18668817
I get buzzed
helps me fall asleep
>>
>>18668903
Yeah, dude, you're fine. Your liver is a-ok, and men much younger than you have been drinking much more wine for much longer over thousands of years.

Quite honestly I don't even consider that "drinking". I drink more than that, and I consider myself having stopped drinking.
>>
>>18668425
You are not an alcoholic, not yet. An alcoholic is someone who comes to work pissed, falls asleep in front of their boss, and cant form coherent words. On the other hand, it's a slippery slope, and you are probably progressing quite well.
>>
>>18668425
One glass is normal. Just cut back stupid.
>>
When I quit drinking i was drinking a liter of jack daniels a day and had a note from my doctor that my liver was dying. I needed professional help with the immediate withdrawals and spent 3 days in detox. I still had withdrawal symptoms for about a month after i quit. I then started going to AA. It helped to be around sober people at night when i was home alone. I have been sober a little over 9 years and life is great without booze. If you do quit drinking all together, prepare to lose friends. a lot of people use alcohol to socialize and you will never survive being sober at bars/clubs/parties. Sobriety isn't just abstaining from alcohol, it's a whole new lifestyle.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.