[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >rent a duplex apartment >older couple are owners,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: landylordy.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
landylordy.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>be me
>rent a duplex apartment
>older couple are owners, live in the other unit
>everything is good for a month or so
>pay rent in person one time
>ask to talk to me, I say sure
>spend 30 minutes telling me to stop doing everything I do
>No breakfast before 9 am, no cooking after 9 pm
>No showers before 7 am, no showers after 9 pm
>Limit your toilet paper use, please dispose of it in a trash bin NEXT to your toilet because flushing it is bad
>Also, we go through your garbage every week to look for contraband, nothing personal kid
>Realize they are crazy people
>Graduate college, so home for a few months looking for a jobbo
>Realize the old man has been coming into my apartment every day, multiple times to just check shit out or grab stuff they had asked to store in a storage closet(that they said they'd rarely use)
>Realize the old man has been drinking my liquor
>Realize he's a hardcore alcoholic
>Enters my apartment drunk as fuck, stumbles around, tries to talk to me. Literally touches me when we talk, happens weekly.
>Enters my apartment when I'm in the shower, just hangs out
>Enters my apartment and leaves the door open for hours at a time
>Enters my apartment at 6:30 am because his sink won't drain so he wanted to use mine
>Drunkenly falls and hits his head in my apartment, I have to call 911, get questioned by the cops
>They bring me my mail every day despite me asking them to stop
>They open my mail "on accident" all the time
>Start to get really weirded out by the intrusions
>Basically just camp out in my bedroom at this point
>One day, drunk old man wants to talk to me
>Enters unannounced, starts calling for me, I ignore it
>Comes to my bedroom door, knocks, enters
>Realize nowhere is safe

Losing it lads, I don't want to call the cops, but this shit is crazy as fuck
>>
>>18666955
Leave. FUCKING LEAVE! Why the fuck haven't you left yet?
>>
>>18666955
this sounds like a nightmare, is this real?
>>
>>18666955
As a rent paying tenant, you have rights that are being trampled
Get the law involved, move, or keep being a fucking cuck.
>>
>>18667078
Lol yes, somehow I still feel like the bad guy
>>
>>18667085
Idk I think he likes being a cuck. Op let the old drunk guy fuck you in the ass.
>>
>>18667078
Lol yes, somehow I still feel like the bad guy, it's clear they like the money but don't actually want someone living here

>>18666961
lease

>>18667085
I know I should, I just don't want to get tangled up in a legal situation
>>
>>18667102
First time I realized he was in my shit without notifying me at least 24 hours prior, there would've been trouble. First time they even accidentally opened my mail there would've been trouble.
There's being polite and then there's being a doormat. Which one do you think you are?

I could somewhat understand if the living arrangement was extra beneficial in some way and that other arrangements wouldn't replace any special perks but if it's as bad as you say, you might as well be still living at home with strangers for parents.
>>
>>18667109
Yeah but how do you approach that without tension/hostility resulting in close quarters? I have to see them every day coming/going, they are always on their porch or something
>>
>>18667112
>>18667109
He's also a drunk old man with access to my apartment and a clear lack of boundaries
>>
>>18667112
>how do you approach that without tension/hostility
You don't. Do you have a lease?
>>
>>18667102
>>18667112
is it possible for you to rekey your door? or is it in the lease that they need permanent access, I'm assuming so because of their 'supply' closet. They also seem to be using you for company, I've found that old people love any excuse to talk about anything for hours -- especially about stories that involve them in their 'glory' days.
>>
>>18667117
Yes
>>
>>18667119
Lease includes nothing abnormal or right of access terms. Basically, I know I'm within my legal right to tell them to suck eggs on every request they've made, I just don't want to make things hostile.
>>
>>18667123
If that's the case then you need to come down on them.
You're being too polite in an effort to make your living situation comfortable when it obviously already isn't.
>>
File: 21melon.jpg (214KB, 800x849px) Image search: [Google]
21melon.jpg
214KB, 800x849px
If they're doing this and you're in the US you do not have to honor the lease, it's completely void. Set up a security camera at the front door (hidden well, they're like 30 bucks on amazon) and you should have all the evidence you need within a couple days. Everything they're doing is highly illegal. Looking thru your trash is a felony, entering your home is illegal, harassment is illegal. Why on god's green fucking earth would you stay here???
>>
>>18667109
THIS SO MUCH FUCKING THIS

Both of those things are FUCKING ILLEGAL
>>
>>18667128
Mostly stay because of the lease, and just graduated college, haven't lined up a job, I live in a crazy expensive city where most apartments require minimum income, so it's either be homeless or put up with it until I find a decent job
>>
>>18667128
cont.

OP, I've had to deal with crazy landlords before, and there is nothing they can do legally if you have a video of them entering and/or audio of the crazy shit they say. They can try to take you to small claims court but you cite the right to a peaceful abode and play that clip, the judge will tell your landlords to fuck off a cliff.
>>
>>18667146
Unfortunately everything has been verbal, except the mail. I have 3-4 envelops with "sorry I opened" scrawled on them. Vid is an option, could easily get 3 unannounced entries per day
>>
>>18667137
You're not hearing me.
You are not legally bound by the lease, period. PERIOD. If you start looking for a new place and find one you like, you are legally in your rights to move out whenever you please. Your lease is a completely void contract.
>>
>>18667158
Interesting, might have to start looking asap
>>
>>18667153
Save the envelopes, those are valid in court. The unannounced entries alone are enough, as they violate your right to a peaceful home and also constitute breaking and entering since they didn't give you notice. Get two days of that and you're in the clear to leave.
>>
File: 5melon.jpg (60KB, 450x434px) Image search: [Google]
5melon.jpg
60KB, 450x434px
>>18667161
Yes, you really should. If you don't you're just allowing them to abuse you. Are you a doormat?

They're violating so many laws it's like they want you to sue them...

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Right+to+quiet+enjoyment

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-the-implied-warranty-habitability.html

http://ptla.org/rights-tenants-landlord-entering-your-home
>>
>>18667170
I've just been trying to be understanding, but I did let it go too far, obviously.
>>
>>18667109

Fucking this. First time dude walks into my place without my knowledge he would get checked. Second time it would be a problem for him.

OP You're obviously a beta but Jesus, you need to either move away quickly or tell these old fucks whats up.
>>
>>18667396
Lol, it's not a reason to be violent
>>
>>18667802
In a lot of states in the US, you have a legal right to shoot them once they're in your home unannounced.

So yeah, intruders in the house are a thing to get violent about.
>>
leave before they murder you.
>>
>>18667962
lol, I've had this thought before, it's why i lock my bedroom door at night, but I'm sure they have a key to it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.